Author Topic: The Jury and their Decision  (Read 5645 times)

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
The Jury and their Decision
« on: May 10, 2003, 01:02:51 AM »
Since this is only the second Survivor show I watched.  Does anyone know if the members of the jury made up their mind who should win from the final 2 and posted their secret votes before leaving the Amazon?  Or did the members of the jury leave the Amazon with someone in mind but it wasn't written down officially?  The reason I am asking is as the episodes are airing, I am sure they are seeing conversation and opinions that might change their mind of who they want to win.  For example, I think Rob mentioned how he has lead a clueless Matt along with lies, etc.  And I am sure everyone did not know what a whiny, spoiled, stuckup person Jenna really is. (well Christy knew this)

Theresa

Re:The Jury and their Decision
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 05:17:43 AM »
They vote before they leave.  The votes just are not read until the live show.  They have a tribal council and the jury gets to ask them some questions, then they cast their votes before they all go home.  I am sure allot of votes would be different if they did them after they got home.

Theresa

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2003, 02:22:52 AM »
Thank you Theresa for answering my question.  That makes perfect sense.   Here is another question.  Tomorrow when they have the members of the jury asking questions to the final 2 contestants --- I am assuming that the jury already knows the answer to their question as they had already asked it back on the Amazon.  Or are they asking new questions?  The reason I am asking is when I watched the last survivor, I remember how angry Helen was when she directed her question to Brian and he looked shocked at her anger and her question.  Thanks.

Theresa

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 04:29:35 AM »
The members of the jury come up with the questions when they go to tribal council the last night.  They ask the questions right then and there and the fial two Survivors have to answer then right then and there.  After they ask all the questions the Survivors get to have a minute or two to say final words about why they should be the ultimate Survivor.  Then they vote.  The votes are supposed to be locked and they are read during the live broadcast to see who wins.

Hope that helps,

Theresa

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 12:57:46 AM »
Thanks again Theresa.  I guess you are our resident expert.  I found it funny that after the votes were put in the pot --- Jeff hopped on the jet ski and took off.  That was funny. ;D

Theresa

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2003, 11:53:06 PM »
That was funny.  It was different also.