Author Topic: SurvivorFever Spoilers/Speculation/Vicaps  (Read 7610 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
SurvivorFever Spoilers/Speculation/Vicaps
« on: January 26, 2005, 07:21:38 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: SurvivorFever Spoilers/Speculation/Vicaps
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 02:01:24 AM »
Jeff Probst Rates the Survivors
Survivor: Palau  Promo Video Captures

The host of Survivor weighs in on how the next
group of castaways will fair.

Voice Over >>
Read What Jeff's Insights on Each Contestant

VoiceOver

Jeff is a charming guy in an odd way.  We gave him a hard time when we met him about shaving his body and talking about how many women he's dated.  But at the end of the day we kept talking about him.  So there's something about him that keeps coming back for more.  He's kind of an underdog favorite of mine.  I hope he does well on this show.  I'm not sure he's skilled enough socially to do as well as he think he's going to do.  We'll have to see.

Jenn the nanny.  This is going to be interesting to watch her. if you look at her and with  Her nails with the French manicure and her neatly tucked in hair. you'll think...  you're never going to make it out there.  You're going to fade on day one.  I think there might be a little more to her than people are going to see at first glance.   Her biggest competition, the other women.

Jolanda is yet another attorney.  A defense attorney with indigent clients. She's clearly someone who respects and wants to take care of the underdog but she does it with such force that she's intimidating.  This is a world class athlete, still in shape.  Very smart. Comes in tall and strong and you think OMG, but then she smiles and put you at ease.  She has a lot of skills, this woman.  If she can maneuver in a way that doesn't come on too strong and get to a point where the game is individual, she could kick everybody's butt in this game.

Jonathan, young guy, testicular cancer, survived it.   I always watch guys like that because you can't tell me 39 days on Survivor is tougher than what i went thru.  So, he is a kind of a darkhorse that I might put a little money on.

Katie is a huge personality.  From the minute we met her she's writing poems and telling jokes.  She's like a comic.  That can be really fun to have around if the group is fun.  If the group is serious and you're the one popping off jokes at night while everybody's asleep, you're gone.

The thing about Kim that is most intriguing is that she learned Arabic because she wanted to be able to read magazines that might have a different point of view than the US and be able to understand an unbiased point of view.   That says a lot about how she might approach this game.  If she's able to reason like that and make other people feel they are being heard. That she's listening. That's huge, that is the the essence of Survivor, being able to communicate with other people of other walks of life.

Stephanie is good looking, athletic.  Strong.  She's very loyal til you cross her then she'll cut your throat.   Perfect candidate for Survivor.  Let's just hope she lasts awhile.  She could be fun and if she can get to the individual part of the game she's tough.  There's a lot of guys who would be afraid to go up against her in a challenge.

Tom is the salt of the earth guy.  Father, firefighter.  There's no chance of this guy being a villain.  You hope he lasts long enough in this game to be a hero.  If he does lasts for awhile he's the kind of guy who could win it.  People are going to look at him and say, why not him.  Everything about him is good.

Wacky Wanda is a wild card.  She could be the first one out of this game so fast her head is spinning.  Or we could see a situation like we did with Lill.  Where suddenly she's in the F2 and we're scratching our heads.  Wanda likes to sing and come on strong and where big bright clothes.  Some people take to that and find it charming, others want to shut it off.  If she can read people and figure that out, great, if she can't I'll be snuffing her torch.

I liked Willard as soon as he walked in the room.  I liked him because he's my kind of guy. He's got a point of view.  He's well spoken, doesn't hold back, is in great shape.  He loves his wife, loves to make love to his wife.  And wants to win this game.  For the first time we have a guy coming in who's not going to tell people he's a lawyer.  He's going to tell them he's a postal worker.  I'm gonna play everyone of them, I hope he does. 

Ibrehem, I think his big challenge is going to be integrating. For obvious reasons, cultural differences.  Only black guy on the show, it's never easy, no matter what anybody wants to say, there's always a difference there.  He's a physically fit guy.  Could be seen as a threat or could be seen as a quiet leader.

Ashlee is young, very good looking, Mormon.  Her beliefs are going to play apart in this game.  This is an ethical game.  Sooner or later she's going to have to decide where the line in the sand is for her.  I don't know if it's okay if you're Mormon to use sex appeal as a weapon.

Bobby Jon is a young good looking guy.  plays that "aww shucks" game which I don't buy for a second.  This guy knows exactly how charming he is and how good looking he is.   But when we met him, he's really good at it and it could really work.  Unless the other guys look at him and say no way you're sticking around.

Caryn is someone that I liked right when she walked in the room, she has a strong preference, strong point of view.  You don't get the feeling that she's going to waffle.  Doesn't mean she's going to play her cards but she has a pretty good head for this game.  She's one of 3 attorneys.  That should be fun to watch those guys go at it.  Anytime you have a mother, she's a mother of 3, they have some experience that tends to help them in this game.  Moms do ok on this show.

Angie looks like a fish out of water. Tattoos, very interesting background, some of the stuff she's been through.  I think her obvious obstacle is going to be if people judge her for the way she looks or will she be able to socialize quickly enough for people to look past the way her body looks and get into who she is.  She's very bright and crafty girl.  If she can assimilate she might be able to hang low enough to stay in the game.

Coby is the kind of guy who walks in the room and immediately you're laughing.  And you're not laughing at him, you're laughing with him.  He's either got a funny story to tell or he's done something wacky with his hair.  He's around people all the time in his profession.  He's smart enough to access people to know who to push and who to back off from.

Gregg is a big question mark to me.  I don't know how he's going to do in this game.  He reminds me of some  guys we've had in this show before who are very physically fit and good at athleticism.  But how will he integrate with the group and that's going to be the question for him.  If he's too quiet and too laid back he'll be a guy that they hold onto for awhile and then get rid of.

Ian instantly puts a smile on your face.  He has a fun warm energy about him.  He's done a lot of things in his life for  a young guy.  Skipped around all different sort of places.  That could work for him well. If he's learned to socialize.  IF he's become so independent

James, the self described redneck.   I don't buy for a second. This is the 2nd guys this season that's putting us on.   He's a great character but I don't think he's near as dumb as he likes to play.  For a guy so poor he has enough money to color his hair.  Can he keep the charade up?  See on day one if he's the same on day 25.  Then I'll be impressed.

Janu the Las Vegas showgirl.  She grad. college after 20 years.  She didn't quit. It took forever but she did it.   When you accomplish something like that your self-confidence is great that you can do anything.  The Las Vegas showgirl  world, there has to be some backstabbing.  She could be a lot of fun out there.

thanks to Survivor Fever  (^.#
 http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_jp_rates_the_s10_survivors.html

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 11:06:09 AM »
Great article!  thanks for sharing

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Survivor: Palau Original Special on TV Guide Channel Sunday Feb 6th
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 10:21:19 PM »
More Survivor Fever Vidcaps ..link below  =]/

Survivor: Palau Original Special on TV Guide Channel Sunday
More Airdates Listed

Tune-in to TV Guide Channel this Sunday for an original special covering reality television's biggest hit:  SURVIVOR: PALAU PREVIEW
Premieres Sunday, February 6 @ 8:00 PM ET/PT
TV Guide Channel goes on location to the remote island chain of Palau to preview the 10th season of Survivor and meet the new set of castaways.  Find out what awaits the new contestants on the next round of this popular series as TV Guide Channel takes a sneak peak at the challenges
and uncovers a few tricky new rule changes. Survivor host Jeff Probst also
offers a look back at the past nine seasons of the show and reveals his
favorite moments.  Special hosted by Jeff Varner, contestant on the
highest-rated Survivor ever, "The Australian Outback."   
Sneak Peek of Promo Vid Caps >> Survivor: Palau  TV Guide Channel
Pre  Promo Video Captures

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 04:13:33 AM »
Sounds GR8 puddin!  (^.#   Now, if I have that channel......... *(^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 11:07:30 PM »
TV Guide Hard copy photos ~ thanks to Survivor Fever

TV Guide Hard Copy Survivor: Palau Feature Article

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 11:11:18 PM »
Survivor: Palau TV Guide Channel Special
Video and Voice Over  Captures >>
Theres so much good stuff her I cant even imagine trying to post them all  |#'

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 08:59:36 AM »
I've noticed some things from the TV Guide channel preview, the first and most blatant is Bobby Jon in the blue buff.  Second is the pics of Tribal Council, my thinking is this was filmed pregame most likely and if my count is correct there are nine boxes for contestants to sit on at tribal, so 2 tribes of 9 seems right.   Both of these can be seen at the Survivor Fever site.  We also know what is most likely the first challenge. "Hot Pursuit" and should play right into people who are in great shape but even then it's not easy to run in the water with weight vest on.  This could be a good challegenge to save energy and not mark yourself.   

Ok now i didnt see this in the vid caps on Survivor Fever but im sure that somewhere in the preview a female, maybe Jenny in a green buff.  So looks like 2 get lost, the teams divide up run Hot Pursuit and one gets voted off.  Sounds like so much fun.
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 10:45:30 AM »
thanks CJ22 , interesting about the green buff , I'll dig through the photos and bring them over soon , I love the way the TC looks ..Phil and his snuffer and all   {l{

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Fevers Boot Sheet updated 2/20
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 11:03:31 AM »
Ulong Tribe
Buffs:  Blue Camouflage   -  Symbol: Shark
Tribal Location:  Ulong Island

Angie Jakusz

For Boot
- 'Outcast' tag by JP
- Last Ulong tribal pick

Against Boot
- Med Facetime
- Booted before TC6 (LJ post - Nov 17-Day 17-post E5 timeframe)

Vulnerability : 'Vulnerable'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashlee Ashby

For Boot
- Early boot tip (2 reports-Corvis7 and Ulti5)

Against Boot
- Med low Facetime
- 'Naked +' (Corvis) + E2 title: 'Love is in the air' (TVG)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobby Drinkard

For Boot
- No wt loss (confidential email)
- Upset about what happened to him on show (confidential email)
- TC1 voting minority

Against Boot
- Med facetime
- Falls in love (GameTime) + E2 title: 'Love is in the air' (TVG)

Ibrehem Rahman

For Boot
- Strong players booted early spec (JP quotes)
- TC1 voting minority

Against Boot
- 15-20# wt loss reported (ILT source)
- Muscle/definition loss
- Med low Facetime

Vulnerability : 'Safe'

James Miller

For Boot
- Very low Facetime

Against Boot

Jeff Wilson
For Boot
- Very low facetime
- Low info meter 
- Immature assessment by JP (Insider web video)

Against Boot

Jolanda Jones

Booted:  Episode 1 

Kimberly Mullen

For Boot

Against Boot
- Med Facetime
- Salt water damaged hair report from hairdresser (Buckeyegirl-SBlows)

Stephenie LaGrossa

For Boot

Against Boot
- 14# wt loss (yofox02)
- Deep tan/burn (Biancaxxx pic)
- Med Facetime

Vulnerability : 'Very Safe'

Koror Tribe
Buffs: Brown Camouflage - Symbol: Stingray
Tribal Location: unknown

Caryn Groedel

Caryn Groedel

For Boot
- Low facetime

Against Boot
- 10# or less wt loss (ILT source)

Vulnerability : Vulnerable

Coby Archa

For Boot
- 'Outcast' tag by JP

Against Boot
- Med Facetime
- 'Hangtime' w/Steph (possible merge indicator) (yofox02)
- 'Flamboyant gay male goes far' (tvjunkie44)

Gregg Carey

For Boot
- Very Low Facetime

Against Boot
- 30# wt loss reported (News article)
- 9 days to regain wt at home

Ian Rosenberger

For Boot
- Very Low Facetime

Against Boot
- Didn't disappoint' (JP quote from Orlando Sentinel article)

Janu Tornell

For Boot

Against Boot
- Med Facetime

Vulnerability : 'Slightly Vulnerable' 

Jennifer Lyon

For Boot

Against Boot
- Med facetime

Katie Gallagher

For Boot

Against Boot
- Lost some wt (confidential email)
- Med Facetime

Tom Westman

For Boot

Against Boot
- Med low facetime
- Kicked ass (ILT source)
- Shark killer (ILT source)
- Ate alot of coconuts (ILT source)

Willard Smith

For Boot
- Leave of absence....not returned to work
- Last Koror tribal pick

Against Boot
- Med Facetime

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Speculation for Upcoming Challenges
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 11:21:09 AM »

Challenge Board Spoiler - Board of possible upcoming challenges
various challenge events are selected & determined (scheduled) for each episode.  (Thanks to Dreamer at JokersUpdate for the images)
There are only 14 episodes listed. The column on the far left for labels, "Reward", "Immunity Challenge", "Reward Challenge".
The rewards for the Reward Challenges are also listed.  More Images Here >>

Episode 2: - 17 Survivors
Reward Challenge: Gauntlet Dash
Reward: Fishing Gear: Mask, Snorkel, Fins & Hi Sling.
Immunity Challenge: Heads Up

Episode 3:
Reward Challenge: Shoot and Switch
Reward: Sail boat OR bedding OR rain gear.
Immunity Challenge: Hot Pursuit

Episode 4:
Reward: Home Depot ????

Episode 5: - 14 Survivors
Reward challenge: Sea Salvage
Reward: Vote for other Tribe at Tribal (?)
Immunity Challenge: No Challenge (?)
Possibly says Double Challenge

Episode 6: - 12 Survivors (possible double boot in Episode 5?)
Reward Challenge:  By Any Means
Reward: Something & Pringles, Jelly Fish Lake
Immunity Challenge: Build it up, Break it Down.

Episode 7 - 11 Survivors
Reward challenge: S.O.S
Immunity Challenge: Sea Stars

Episode 12 -  6 Survivors
Reward challenge: Going Postal
Reward: Luxury something..
Immunity Challenge:  ???

Episode 13 - 5 Survivors
Reward challenge: Maze at Sea 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
updated 2/24
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 12:58:25 AM »
http://www.survivorfever.net/s10_bootsheet.html

Ulong Tribe
Buffs:  Blue Camouflage   -  Symbol: Shark
Tribal Location:  Ulong Island

Angie Jakusz

For Boot
- 'Outcast' tag by JP
- Last Ulong tribal pick
- Pre-jury
- Live Journal entry during early filming points to computer access while losing it at the lodge
- Pre-jury according to Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks

Against Boot
- Med Facetime
- Booted before TC6 (LJ post - Nov 17-Day 17-post E5 timeframe)
- Too obvious from promos tagging her as an Outcast

Ashlee Ashby

For Boot
- Early boot tip (2 reports-Corvis7 and Ulti5)
- Pre-jury according to Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks

Against Boot
- Med low Facetime
- 'Naked +' (Corvis) + E2 title: 'Love is in the air' (TVG)

Bobby Drinkard

For Boot
- No wt loss (confidential email)
- Upset about what happened to him on show (confidential email)
- TC1 voting minority
- Pre-jury (Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks)

Against Boot
- Med facetime
- Falls in love (GameTime) + E2 title: 'Love is in the air' (TVG)

Ibrehem Rahman

For Boot
- TC1 voting minority

Against Boot
- 15-20# wt loss reported (ILT source)
- Muscle/definition loss
- Med low Facetime
- Pre-jury (Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks) booted in episode before merge/does not make jury

James Miller

For Boot
- Med facetime

Against Boot
- none

Jeff Wilson
For Boot
- Very low facetime
- Low info meter 
- Immature assessment by JP (Insider web video)
- Romance with Kim
- Early boot, vacationed with Jonathan and Jeff (Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks)

Against Boot
- None

Vulnerability : 'Very Vulnerable'

Jolanda Jones

Booted:  Episode 1 

Kimberly Mullen

For Boot
- Early boot (vacationed with Jonathan and Jeff)

Against Boot
- Med Facetime
- Salt water damaged hair report from hairdresser (Buckeyegirl-SBlows)

Vulnerability : 'Very Vulnerable'

Stephenie LaGrossa

For Boot

Against Boot
- 14# wt loss (yofox02)
- Emerging as Ulong tribal leader
- Deep tan/burn (Biancaxxx pic)
- Med Facetime
- Last Ulong in game according to Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks, safe until after merge

Koror Tribe
Buffs: Brown Camouflage - Symbol: Stingray
Tribal Location: unknown

Caryn Groedel

Caryn Groedel

For Boot
- Low facetime

Against Boot
- 10# or less wt loss (ILT source)
- Safe til after the merge, early juror (Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks)

Coby Archa

For Boot
- 'Outcast' tag by JP

Against Boot
- Med Facetime
- 'Hangtime' w/Steph (possible merge indicator) (yofox02)
- 'Flamboyant gay male goes far' (tvjunkie44)
- Safe til after the merge, makes jury (Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks)

Gregg Carey

For Boot
- Very Low Facetime

Against Boot
- 30# wt loss reported (News article)
- 9 days to regain wt at home
- Makes jury (Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks)

Ian Rosenberger

For Boot
- Very Low Facetime

Against Boot
- Didn't disappoint' (JP quote from Orlando Sentinel article)
- Makes Final 6 (Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks)

Janu Tornell

For Boot
- None
- Safe til after merge, probably gets booted circa early jury

Against Boot
- Med Facetime

Vulnerability : 'Slightly Vulnerable' 

Jennifer Lyon

For Boot
- None

Against Boot
- Med facetime

Katie Gallagher

For Boot
- None

Against Boot
- Lost some wt (confidential email)
- Med Facetime
- Makes at least F5 (confidential email)

Tom Westman

For Boot
- none

Against Boot
- Med low facetime
- Shark killer (ILT source)

Willard Smith

For Boot
- Leave of absence....not returned to work
- Last Koror tribal pick
- Does not make jury (Mersaydeez poster at SurvivorSucks)

Against Boot
- Med Facetime
- Koror pagongs the Ulong tribe

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
updated 3/5
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2005, 07:27:35 PM »
More Speculation Posted Soon

Episode 4 Reward Challenge:   "Better Built Outhouse"?  (each tribe builds an outhouse, the outhouses are judged by an outhouse expert, winning tribe gets a crate of tools?)  Both tribes may both get crates of tools , make outhouses, but Ulong gets to keep the tools (and other supplies?) if they win. 

Reward:  Home Depot Tools
No footage or hints at exactly what type of challenge it is but some speculation is available, thanks to Garbotalk.

Tree Mail:
Today you must chose one, and only one, tribal representative to make some important choices. The tribe will then have to live with those decisions. Representatives for each tribe go shopping for supplies. For example: rice or fishing gear or water bottles or tools. They get to choose 3 items out of 7 or something? Winning tribe gets those items delivered to their beach.

The tribes arrive at the reward challenge. Koror can't decide on a representative. Everyone is afraid they'll be swapped to Ulong.  Whoever is chosen makes the choices in front of their team, then some type of non-physical challenge takes place.

Tribes do not know the winner until Probst arrives with the reward.
Promo Voiceover: 
"Survivor, Thursday, what's aboard this boat is about to change everyone's life on the island."

Jeff arrives in a cargo boat, and delivers the items chosen in a mystery crate to the winning tribe's beach. Neither tribe knows who won when they see Jeff's boat. They hope he'll stop at their beach.

Will Jeff stop at Koror's beach?

Or will Ulong win the reward? 
Nail-biting drama...

...Koror loses another reward challenge.

Episode 4 Immunity Challenge: "Sumo at Sea" -   Survivors square off against a member of the opposite tribe in pillow fights which take place atop a raised platform over the water.  Object is to knock your opponent off the platform.  Heats: Steph vs. Jenn, James vs. Coby, Angie vs. Caryn, Gregg vs. Ibrehem, Kim vs. Janu, Bobby Jon vs. Tom

Overview of Sumo at Sea challenge

James versus Coby. James pushes Coby out of the circle, and on to his back. Then shoves him toward the edge.  Possible win for James.

Katie, Ian, Willard are sitting out the challenge for Koror 

Gregg versus Ibrehem.  (Jeff Probst visible standing at left with immunity idol)

Stephenie versus Jennifer...

...Jennifer is knocked off the platform.  Stephenie wins this match-up.

Kim versus Janu. Janu is down low, in good position.  The edge to Janu

Angie versus Caryn.

Bobby Jon versus Tom. Bobby Jon shoves Tom forward

Misdirection for a Ulong win?  Koror probably pulls this one out despite the footage of Ulong pummeling Koror, Jennifer is the only Koror that we actually see taking a dip.  Kim is the obvious boot choice and it seems likely that Ulong loses yet another IC. 

More Episode 4 Speculation Posted Soon 

http://www.survivorfever.net/s10_spoilers.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
update 3/10
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 11:35:37 PM »
Survivor: Palau Episode 4 Vid Cap Analysis
Preliminary Speculation - More Later
Contributors: Trish,  BlindFreddy, jessiek, Garbotalk, zinc, RWilkes

Speculation - Upcoming Challenges >>

Click thumbnails below to view images

More Speculation Posted Soon

Episode 4 Reward Challenge:   "Better Built Outhouse"?  (each tribe builds an outhouse, the outhouses are judged by an outhouse expert, winning tribe gets a crate of tools?)  Both tribes may both get crates of tools , make outhouses, but Ulong gets to keep the tools (and other supplies?) if they win. 

Reward:  Home Depot Tools
No footage or hints at exactly what type of challenge it is but some speculation is available, thanks to Garbotalk.

Tree Mail:
Today you must chose one, and only one, tribal representative to make some important choices. The tribe will then have to live with those decisions. Representatives for each tribe go shopping for supplies. For example: rice or fishing gear or water bottles or tools. They get to choose 3 items out of 7 or something? Winning tribe gets those items delivered to their beach.

The tribes arrive at the reward challenge. Koror can't decide on a representative. Everyone is afraid they'll be swapped to Ulong.  Whoever is chosen makes the choices in front of their team, then some type of non-physical challenge takes place.

Tribes do not know the winner until Probst arrives with the reward.
Promo Voiceover: 
"Survivor, Thursday, what's aboard this boat is about to change everyone's life on the island."

Jeff arrives in a cargo boat, and delivers the items chosen in a mystery crate to the winning tribe's beach. Neither tribe knows who won when they see Jeff's boat. They hope he'll stop at their beach.

Will Jeff stop at Koror's beach?

Or will Ulong win the reward? 
Nail-biting drama...

...Koror loses another reward challenge.

Episode 4 Immunity Challenge: "Sumo at Sea" -   Survivors square off against a member of the opposite tribe in pillow fights which take place atop a raised platform over the water.  Object is to knock your opponent off the platform.  Heats: Steph vs. Jenn, James vs. Coby, Angie vs. Caryn, Gregg vs. Ibrehem, Kim vs. Janu, Bobby Jon vs. Tom

Overview of Sumo at Sea challenge

James versus Coby. James pushes Coby out of the circle, and on to his back. Then shoves him toward the edge.  Possible win for James.

Katie, Ian, Willard are sitting out the challenge for Koror 

Gregg versus Ibrehem.  (Jeff Probst visible standing at left with immunity idol)

Stephenie versus Jennifer...

...Jennifer is knocked off the platform.  Stephenie wins this match-up.

Kim versus Janu. Janu is down low, in good position.  The edge to Janu

Angie versus Caryn.

Bobby Jon versus Tom. Bobby Jon shoves Tom forward

Misdirection for a Ulong win?  Koror probably pulls this one out despite the footage of Ulong pummeling Koror, Jennifer is the only Koror that we actually see taking a dip.  Kim is the obvious boot choice and it seems likely that Ulong loses yet another IC. 

http://www.survivorfever.net/s10_spoilers.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Vidcaps, Analysis and Predictions
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2005, 08:52:52 PM »
Vidcaps, Analysis and Predictions

Episode 14, "The Ultimate Shock"

By Garbotalk, 5/14/05

Caryn left tribal council last week after a fury of words, outing all the secrets and strategies that she knew or suspected.  The jury responded wide eyed in surprise.  Ultimately, Ian's plea to Katie to forgive him worked, and she kept him over Caryn, nixing the potential all female alliance.  Ian offered to "step out" of the game to retain Katie's friendship.  Though she didn't demand it of him then, she made Ian feel guilty enough to owe her a favor.  This favor will play a big role in the final episode Sunday night.  Ian swore he would never lie to her again, which will be difficult to do at final four.  Let's look at the clues.

From the end of episode promo: "JP: Next time on Survivor… Tom: It's good to be final four!  JP: ...with only three days left.  Katie: We were able to just enjoy each other.  Even though we are about to slit each other's throats."

Jeff starts out the morning with the final four, bringing a picnic breakfast food reward for them to consume before the activities of the day.   Mimosas, made with champagne and orange juice, must be on the menu as the vidcaps show Tom opening a bottle of champagne with all of them celebrating.  Katie accurately describes the situation, they are enjoying each other right before slitting throats!  The difference in placement in the game means the difference in monetary reward.  The person voted out in fourth place gets around $50K, third gets $75K, second place gets $100K and the winner gets 1 million.  No wonder they fight so hard to stay in the game.  Reward: everyone.

From the end of episode promo: "JP: ...the drama intensifies.  Ian: I told them that I was going to vote you out.  Tom: Okay that's all I need to know."

From the CBS website: "The Final Four rethink their strategies when a once-solid alliance dissolves with the slip of a tongue."

Also from the CBS website: "After an emotional Tribal Council, arguments erupt, feelings are hurt and friendships are questioned."               

Jenn is the fourth wheel on a tricycle, unnecessary.  She was allowed to stay in the game because there were bigger targets ahead of her.  However, last week she proved she had strategies rumbling under that pleasant demeanor.  She actively pursued voting Tom out, or if not Tom, then Ian.  She handled Gregg’s ouster with calmness and understanding, rather than having an emotional outburst at the shock of the vote.  She's cagey.  And she needs to do something, or her time is up.  She won’t go back to Katie because Katie let her down twice now, once voting out Gregg, and the second time voting out Caryn.  I believe she will try to split up the guys by tattling on Ian to Tom and offering her loyalty to Tom, taking Caryn's place.  Last episode, Ian stood with the three ladies and agreed Tom should go at final four.  I think Jenn will spill the beans to Tom, and this is the slip of the tongue referred to in the clues.  Tom will confront Ian, possibly threaten him, or at least let him know that the gloves are off.   I'm sure Ian will spin this, saying he just said that to keep the girls from voting off Tom earlier.  Tom may believe him, but Tom will no longer trust Ian.

According to Wezzie at Survivor Sucks, the final four immunity challenge is called "Tower of Domination". 

This is some kind of super challenge, with various elements to it.  They will at some point climb a tower and slide down a zip line to the water.  There have been rumors that fire starting is part of this challenge, possibly at the beginning of it.  So it could be, gather wood, start a fire, watch your flag raise, climb a tower, zip down to the water.  There looks like a near photo finish here.  Ian's long legs dragging in the water certainly will slow him down.  Being very tall has its disadvantages at times. 

This shot of the final four tribal council tells the end of the tale.  Tom is wearing the necklace.  So no matter what discussions were held between Ian and the gals about voting Tom out at final four, it isn't going to happen.  Immunity:  Tom.

So who will get the boot?  Katie and Ian are tight once again, after last week's argument, then hug.  Tom is immune.  The only one left is fourth wheel on a tricycle Jenn.  Though Tom might have aligned with her had he lost immunity, it isn’t necessary.  He won't stick his neck out to save her.  Boot:  Jenn.

Final three is when the player traditionally review all the players in the game before them, either by taking a trek past their totems, laying wreaths in the water, or some other ritual.  I'm sure they'll do that again, and we'll have a montage of all the players in their best moments, with quotes from them.  Memories!   Then they'll put on some war paint or flowers or something Palauan, and prepare for the final three endurance challenge.  (There is no reward challenge at this point.)

Wezzie from Survivor Sucks tells us that it is a very long challenge, perhaps as much as eleven hours.   Also, she says, "The final three immunity challenge took place at Ngchus <island>."   

Who will win the final three immunity?  Well, we know who won't win, Katie.  She hasn't won, or even performed well in any challenge to date.  However, rumor has it she lasts eight hours, which is a very long time.  At eleven hours, Ian and Tom are still hanging on.  Tom and Ian have made it clear that whoever of them wins the IC will take Katie with them.  In fact, Ian actually promised Katie final two. 

From the CBS website: "A shocking development during the Final Immunity Challenge promises to go down in SURVIVOR history."

Usually, when it gets down to the final two, players try to make deals with one another so they can end the challenge.  If Ian were smart, he'd offer Tom final two to step down.  But he won't.  Tom doesn't seem the type to give up, but he may offer Ian final two if he steps down and let's Tom win it.  This would leave Katie in the cold.  Ian feels he owes her a favor, and I think she'll collect.  Katie will remind Ian that he promised her final two, and that he promised he'd never lie to her again.  If Ian agreed to step down in order for Tom to pick him, she might end their friendship forever!  Apparently, he would rather lose a million dollars than Katie's friendship.  Ian will step down, letting Tom win, without making a deal to take him to final two.  Tom will then choose Katie.  Ian's loyalty to Katie and willingness to step down is probably the most bone headed move I could imagine, especially after he's played so well all game.  An Ian/Tom final two would likely give Ian the win.  He is well liked, and has made very few enemies.  But it won't happen that way.  Ian will likely become a trivia question on the Pringles.  "Who gave up a chance for a million dollars to save his friendship with Katie?"  Boot: Ian.

From the end of episode promo: "VO: Survivor Finale Sunday, 4 castaways remain but only 1 will become the Ultimate Survivor.  Catch the finale and live reunion show, CBS, Sunday."

From another televised promo: "JP: Join us for the two hour finale and find out who will be the Sole Survivor."

From the CBS website: "Tears and harsh words fuel a tense session between the Jury and the Final Two.  Who will be Sole Survivor? Find out on the exciting season finale Sunday, May 15, at 8 PM ET/PT. Then stay tuned for the live reunion show at 10 PM ET/PT, only on CBS."

http://www.survivorfever.net/s10_predictions_garbotalk_ep14.html

The final tribal council will no doubt be emotional.  Coby has said in post interviews, "I give good tribal council."  I'm sure that all of them will have something to say to Katie and Tom about the way they played the game, both negatively and positively.  Coby will complain about the boys leaving him out and not respecting him, or about the gals being lazy around camp.

Janu will complain of Katie's gossiping and laughing about her, acting like a Jr. High school kid.  Caryn will talk about them backstabbing her, or making agreements with her and not living up to them.  Stephenie will talk about Katie's not deserving to be there, since she never tried very hard in challenges, or about Katie backstabbing her.  Gregg will no doubt talk about his surprise ouster, though I expect him to be gracious.  Jenn will also likely be gracious, though she may have a word or two to say to Katie about ditching her.  Ian will probably be generous in his questions, asking how they'll spend the money or some other softball question. 

The question is, who will they forgive enough to vote for?  I think that person will be Tom.  Players admire someone who gives it their all in challenges, has a good work ethic, and tries to lead.  Tom didn't backstab too much.  I expect the votes to be:

Coby:  Tom

Janu:  Tom

Stephenie: Tom

Gregg:  Tom

Caryn:  Tom

Jenn:  Tom

Ian:  Katie

Tom wins Survivor: Palau, in a vote of six to one.  We'll see his family, his fellow fire fighters and a montage of all his greatest moments.  Well done Tom.  You gave it your all, you never gave up, you didn't let emotions distract you from the goal and you played brilliantly.