Poll

Whos going to win The Amazing Race   ?

Aaron  & Haydon
Rebecca & Adam
Kris & Jon
Freddy & Kendra

Author Topic: Finale Title 2/8 ~" 4 Continents,24 cities,40,000 miles"  (Read 42236 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Finale Title 2/8 ~" 4 Continents,24 cities,40,000 miles"
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2005, 12:01:59 AM »
Mystery solved ..GMan..Pedaler  /#}

You can see how confusing it is lol , I'm glad this one is solved .
I'll let the detectives decide, but it looks to me that the racers go here next. http://www.huangshantour.com/english/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 12:55:21 PM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2005, 08:13:15 AM »
Sorry about the misdirection Puddin.  Huangshan, Huashan;  it's all Chinese to me  8-)'

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2005, 09:42:11 AM »
Great work!!! You guys rock!!

So why the hell K/J picked the detour task that seems to be the "could take a long while"task??? They should do the boat thing!! Always pick the "could finhish quick" one!! I'm really beginning to think that in the end it will be a race for F/K and A/R, just the two teams i could care less...what do you guys think??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2005, 10:03:40 AM »
 {l{  It's China's fault for having more than one Mt with Keys .. lets blame them Pedaler  ^&#
So now where do we go.. China leg Shanghai to Xian then ?  Do they fly from Xian to Beijing or Osaka ?  *(^ Where is that darn pitstop? I've been looking at that vidcap of A/H running for days now , I cant find one picture with that wall / maybe hedge behind them in bottom vidcap ..to me it looks like there are a set of stairs infront of them ..?
Fred/Kendra in the same type taxi,note the sticker in there rear window , something I can't read /makeout ..puddin
even buses are passing us
Do NOT give him Chinese money!!

its over there

to me it looking at the back of this dudes head..he is higher ..as if he's coming down a stairs..puddin
  banzai's tv screencap

those little green taxi's around Xian

China Pictures 2001 / 079_xian_from_wall
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 10:25:32 AM by puddin »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2005, 10:12:23 AM »
Yes .... we love you, Banzai! But not in a homosexual way!!!!

Speak for yourself, tanbuns!   >||

So, that spoiler link said lots of online betting for one team (I won't mention which team for the one person here who may want to remain unspoiled  ^&# ).  That's probably as good as we're going to get for a winner spoiler.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2005, 10:33:22 AM »
rmax   ((^   !! and about the spoiler ..it just seems to me that Gametime is pretty much going by what we see in the vidcaps and of course the betting rumor that was never confirmed..someone read it in the Star magazine..so take it for what its worth .
Hi-Fi , I cant answer your question but as best as I can figure..it seems to me that the foot race may come down to A/R & F/K ..Kendra just looks so happy , like shes on a mission .. thats just my opinion.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2005, 12:33:13 PM »
thanks puddin  (that emoticon is hilarious, why have I not noticed it before?!)   I didn't know if the betting spoiler was for real.  I've done some googling but haven't been able to find a reference to it.  It's probably buried somewhere in Sucks, but I'm too lazy to go over there to look.

Then there was that elimination list which turned out to be wrong, except for the fact that 3 of the 4 teams it said would be in the final 4 are there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2005, 01:10:59 PM »
Did some digging rmax , I wish we had more evidence ..looked around The Stars website with no luck at all ~
 }+{

Any case you don't want to know..don't look  ^&#

Cathyanne1
(2/2/05 12:45 pm)
Reply   Re: TAR 6 Spoilers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 This comes from a tabloid I picked up in the grocery store, either the Star or Enquirer, I'm not sure which. I opened the cover and on page 2, there is an article that says one of those off-shore betting sites closed because suddenly a lot of people from one of the teams' home towns started betting the maximum on that team.

The alleged heavily bet team (and supposed winner): Freddie and Kendra.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

As I said, it was in a tabloid so take it with a grain of salt, but I wasn't looking for spoilers, the article was just right there on the page when I opened the magazine.

as posted by Cathyanne1 @ sucks

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2005, 01:16:59 PM »
Does anyone remember who was featured in the eyemail for the TAR5 finale  ?  _)^
eyemail~
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 02:09:42 PM by puddin »

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2005, 01:21:23 PM »
wow thanks puddin
i really appreciate it! >||
where are they all at that gate?
where is that?
is it the beginning? *(^
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2005, 01:46:54 PM »
I cant find a Vidcap anywhere in China of that gate FKFan  *(^ I see the players bunched up ..Kendra/Aaron in the back..Becca /Haydon in the front..just a guess here..perhaps they are entering a museum somewhere around Xian  ? could it be the Terracotta Warriors ? Maybe its a minor task to find a clue..I really cant say ..just guessing here ..lol that dude opening the gate looks nasty  )!(

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2005, 02:48:31 PM »
could it be the Terracotta Warriors  ? Maybe its a minor task to find a clue..I really cant say

Maybe they have to break open the Warriors until they find a clue hidden inside one of them.   ]][

OK, I'll stop now...

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2005, 03:29:59 PM »
ONE LAST TIME: WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW -

There has been a lot of information floating around out there and it is time to try to get it down into some kind of order. A lot of things are missing and I'm including some calculated guesses.  So to start:

The teams all arrive in mid-afternoon at the Shanghai pit stop so once again our four remaining teams will be leaving the hotel in the dead of night.  Aaron and Hayden are going to start finding money before they can get going, and I believe they have learned from previous non-elimination doings to start finding money before they bunk down for the night.  Due to plane schedules, etc. it looks like the first task will be to get to the Shanghai Airport.  There are two of them, but the one they want is the one for domestic flights (SHA) since they will be headed to the ancient capital city of Xi'an. There are not too many flights and the first one on China Eastern Airlines leaves at 8:00AM.  It looks like there will be enough time for all of the teams to make this flight. The distance to Xi'an from Shanghai is about 1000 miles so the only way to reach it in a reasonable time is by air.  There is a train connection but this takes some 22 hours! And the bus is even longer!! Don't even think about a taxi. So the shot of Aaron and Hayden by the window of a moving train, must be somewhere else..

Upon arriving in Xi'an it is not clear whether they first must visit the Museum of the Terra Cota Warriors (the most famous tourist spot in town). We have a shot of the teams (including Aaron and Hayden, more about them later) waiting for a gate to be opened.  No idea when the museum opens, but this could be another bunching up point (looks like it)Here they may have a route marker task to do, like counting the number of soldiers, or horses in a particular area. But whatever the task, they probably will not be able to run around the terra cota figures since they are a National Treasure and very much protected.  When correct they get the DETOUR which has to do with locating something in the Hawkers Market outside the museum. We have Jon racing by the umbrella covered stalls.  Outside of that we have no idea what the two detour tasks are.

When the Detour is completed, they are instructed to take a train to the village of Haushan about 75 miles east of Xi'an. Or they may go by cab or bus. Just speculation here, but they do go to Mount Haushan or Flower Mountain (and we have positive identification that it is Mount Haushan and NOT Mount Huangshan) to locate and unlock some particular lock which can be found on the trail near the top of the North (or as one source noted the West Peak) of the mountain. From the village of Haushan a minibus will take them to the cable car station for a gondola ride up to a steep staircase carved into the side of the limestone mountain. We have shots of one couple on the bus (Aaron and Hayden?) waiting to start. Others are not seen so may be ahead or behind.

We have shots of all four teams in gondolas (each gondola can carry up to six people, so they probably are in different gondolas along with their camera people) going up the mountain (about a 4 minute ride). Then they must walk up to the top and find the "love locks". With a key they must try to open one particular lock.  This is the ROADBLOCK and it looks like Rebecca, Kris, Hayden and Kendra must do this one. It is difficult and all four teams complain about how hard it is to find the right lock.  Eventually at least three teams find the correct lock and are given the clue to the pit stop. Hayden, unfortuneately breaks her key. At this point we do not know what happens, but whatever does happen puts them behind the others.

The pit stop could be back in Xi'an, or locally in Haushan.But based on what will happen on the next day, they may very well return to Xi'an to some famous spot such as the Drum Tower or some particular Temple. We do not know, but we do have a final shot of Aaron and Hayden, hand in hand, without their backpacks running across a square toward what we think is the pit stop, which looks like it may be the entrance of a temple or other landmark.  Unfortuneately for them it looks like they are the next team eliminated leaving the three teams of Jon and Kris, Adam and Rebecca, and Freddy and Kendra to make it home in the second hour to Chicago via Hawaii.

The next day, probably again everyone bunched up leaving in the dead of night for the Xi'an airport.  We now may be getting some free lancing on making their way to Honolulu the next stop toward home.  There is a direct connection from Xi'an to Honolulu via Tokyo which arrives in Honolulu that morning (remember we are crossing the International Date Line so we arrive the same day we leave)at 9:45AM. But the quicker route is to take the 8:20AM, 9:35AM or 10:10 flight to Shanghai. Two flights then must go from SHA to the PVG terminal; the 10:10 flight goes directly into PVG. From here they can either go to HNL via KIX (Osaka, Japan) or NRT (Tokyo, Japan). The quickest flight is via Osaka and we do see Freddy and Kendra talking their way onto All Nippon Airways flight NH7058 (actually operated by one of TAR sponsors United Airlines.)

The next stop is Honolulu. Flight NH7058 arrives at 7:00AM. And it looks like the first task will be totravel from the International Airport to the lookout on top of Diamond Head. Here they get instructions to go  to a smaller regional airport and meet up with the sky diving teams.This is the ROADBLOCK. We have shots of Jon, Adam, and Freddy taking the dive out of an old DC3 (they still are flying) over the ocean off the coast of Oahu; one shot looks like Diamond Head down there below them. And it is not clear whether all three teams go up at one time; the plane looks big enough this time instead of the last time the sky diving stunt was done when only one team could go up at a time.

Once on the ground, it is not clear exactly what they have to do next; we have a scene of Jon wading through the surf, and this must have been pre-planned since we have a shot of his legs going by from an underwater camera (this has to be in place in advance, you can't just push your camera underwater and expect it to work!).

Somewhere they get the clue for the DETOUR (perhaps after wading out to some marker) and this seems clearly to be either OUTRIGGER or OUTFITTER. In outrigger they must row an outrigger canoe over some distance to do some physically demanding task. In Outfitter, they must search through racks (at a dry cleaners??) to find a particular matching Hawaiian shirt. One task is physical (as usual) but quicker; the other task is less strenuous (as usual) but can be time consuming.

It looks like Adam and Rebecca and Freddy and Kendra opt to do the outrigger; while Jon and Kris are stuck trying to find the particular Hawaiian shirt.  At the end of their task,-- we have shots of Adam and Rebecca with the yellow route marker envelope in her hand - if this were the final run to the final pit stop, I don't think she would still be clutching that route instruction in here hand, so I think this is at the end of the outrigger task -- they are instructed to go to the airport and catch a flight to CHICAGO THE FINAL PIT STOP and One Million Big Ones await them.

In all of the scenes so far in Hawaii there have been no shots of Aaron and Hayden. And since we have been told by CBS that one team is eliminated in the first hour in China, the team eliminated must be Aaron and Hayden. Sorry people, but one team has to come in Fourth.

It looks like there are two good ways to get to Chicago and wouldn't you know by coincidence these two flights are on American Airlines and United Airlines (two TAR sponsors, of course). United Flight 2 leaves at 4:25PM; American flight 72 leaves at 4:35.  Perhaps the first team to arrive at the airport is Freddy and Kendra and they get on the United Flight; Adam and Rebecca and Jon and Kris arrive later and get on the American Flight.

Both flights arrive early in the morning in Chicago; we have shots of the Chicago skyline at dawn and a shot of a 747 landing at ORD as the sun starts to come up. United was scheduled to arrive at 5:15AM and American to arrive at 5:48AM. Sunrise in the first week of September in Chicago is at 6:20AM. So these could be matching shots with the plane landing being the American flight. 

We have shot of Freddy and Kendra racing out of United's gate C18a. United uses Terminal One and gates C; American uses Terminal Three on the other side of the building and gates K. We also have a very early spoiler saying that a person saw a "very cute young team" on the plane with cameraperson, etc. But only one team. So we must assume that Freddy and Kendra may have a short lead over Adam and Rebecca and Jon and Kris.

Next we see Freddy and Kendra racing up out of a subway station in downtown Chicago; it is just getting light out now. Later we see Kris and Jon running around some other corner, but I don't think we have a shot of Adam and Rebecca. In any case everyone seems to have ditched their backpacks by now; who needs that stuff when one million smack-a-roos are at stake.

Who wins!! Do they go directly to the spot from which they started Buckingham Fountain? Or do they have to do something else first which has been the usual practice in the past?

But for what it is worth here are my picks:

Fourth: Aaron and Hayden (we lost them in China)

Third; Kris and Jon (they seem at lost in Chicago and not clearly going anywhere fast)

Second: Adam and Rebecca (they race hard at the end but are beat out by)

First: Freddy and Kendra!! Perhaps they had the most to learn on this trip, and the editing became more positive during the later stages of the race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2005, 03:32:07 PM »
rmax.. your so silly , please don't stop..you have me lmao ^/^ ..thanks ...I really  needed a good laugh  ^*^*

Gman ..I guess we were posting at the same time so edited to add , outstanding summary,analysis  |*| >(^
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 03:42:09 PM by puddin »

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2005, 05:06:41 PM »
Gman, as usually, you did a great summary!! And i'm with you...i think the order will be 4)H/A  3)K/J  2)A/R 1)F/K ....well, i really wanted 1) to be K/J or H/A bu we can't always win.

Once again, great work!!

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2005, 05:19:40 PM »
Yes, gman, thanks, excellent summary. 

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2005, 07:02:54 PM »
where is that?

The sign over Kris' shoulder looks a lot like the sugn from Yu Yuan Gardens last week. I think it is a recycled picture.

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

The problem I have with the resume is that the person who saw the teams on the UA plane to Chicago later identified the team as Jon & Kris (am I inventing this up?). The spoilers says they were alone on that flight, but maybe they weren't.  Freddy & Kendra don't look at all like Kris & Jon, so it would be impossible someone to mistake one for another.

That means Kris & Jon are in front or behind the other 2 teams, or somebody missed the other teams. If your saying F&K are on the UA flight from the preview, that would mean that at least F&K and K&J were on the same flight (if the spoliler missed a team, it can miss two, maybe the cameramen from the other teams were not sitting close to them (which would make them harder to spot).

The other direct flight on the average arrives behind the spoiler flight (from 0-45 min) depending on the day. That would mean there would be no run to the pitstop if at least two teams were not on the same plane (which seams to be the case K&J + F&K).

Even if K&J chose the slower task in Hawai, I'd still find it hard that the powers that be would have not had a kind of aiport bunching by insuring that that everybody should normally be able to get on the quickest flight to the destination, unless they got lost.

Chip & Kim could easily make the original direct Dallas flight, even if they were much slower on the detour.

The drive to and from the sky diving roadblock would allow someone to get lost.

Anyway, all of this to say that with the two direct flights coming in at between 0-40 min interval (depending on the day), getting off the plane, transportation, the possibility of another task in Chicago (The person that saw K&J on the plane said that K&J were going to buckinham fountain, but that doesn't mean it's the finish line, there was an intermediate task in Dallas).  I think we can't be absolutely sure of the arrival with what we see in the preview.

Somebody said at sucks that A&R from the AOL preview didn't look like they were running near Buckinham fountain (it looked like Lincolln Park, further north).

The editing though seams to point to a close A&R and F&K finish. My feeling is that with all the little people cracks, and put downs by F&K  and the we haven't shown our best lines from A&R (many of thems), the end will be an A&R victory.

I want A&R to win... I'm still not sure it's them... but it's looking good, I'll just have to wait.

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2005, 07:48:50 PM »
Seacrest: There you have it, America. Hayden and Aaron win the race; Freddy and Kendra take second, Kris and Jon in third, with Adam and Rebecca coming in fourth. That’s it for this season of The Amazing Race – Seacrest out.

Author’s note: That’s the way the American Idol judges see it. But Steve and Dave have slightly different opinions. Besides which, the more picks we make, the better the chance we have of getting one right.

Idol Judges        Steve                     Dave
Hayden/Aaron    Hayden/Aaron         Kris/Jon
Freddy/Kendra   Kris/Jon                  Adam/Rebecca
Kris/Jon            Adam/Rebecca         Hayden/Aaron
Adam/Rebecca  Freddy/Kendra          Freddy/Kendra

got this from TARflies!  pretty interesting! |5|
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 07:51:55 PM by gammonwoman2 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2005, 08:04:26 PM »
where is that?

The sign over Kris' shoulder looks a lot like the sugn from Yu Yuan Gardens last week. I think it is a recycled picture.
I dunno Traegen , whatsherface Haydon had shorts on last week in tha gate vidcap shes wearing long pants ?

thanks foghillcafe and welcome , we hope that you stick around to post with us  :<( , you make some very good points .

I blew this up abit..its a hedge with a white fence..I saw it in my china travels (google)    {l{

« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 10:07:59 PM by puddin »

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2005, 10:05:14 PM »
I dunno Traegen , whatsherface Haydon had shorts on last week in tha gate vidcap shes wearing long pants ?
You may be right - but I think that was the order the entered the Garden last week - although on closer inspection the fencing seems wrong.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2005, 10:11:52 PM »
 (^.# We will know everything tomorrow night but what I really want to know is was it 40,000 miles
42,000 miles or 72,000 miles that the teams traveled  ^/^ ?Gotta love the  CBS webmonkeys ..

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2005, 08:24:51 AM »
Yes, welcome foghillcafe!

In terms of the flights, it would make sense that if Kris/Jon are alone on a flight to Chicago, it might be the later flight, allowing F/K and A/R to race each other to the finish line.

I'd prefer A/R to beat F/K, if only because F/K think they're so superior.

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2005, 09:48:41 AM »
I hate both teams, rmax. But since Adam is one of the most irritating people ever, i think F/DisrespectfulK should beat him and that poor girl he make his girlfriend.

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2005, 11:08:29 AM »
The Spoiler was K&J on the UA flight.

My feeling is that they're all on that flight.

That's what the producers want, and barring stupidity, that's what they'll get.

The AA flight makes no sense unless the UA flight is booked solid (They leave very close to each other).

So, it will come down to a Chicago scramble. and hopefully a  |#'  Adam & Rebecca victory.

One thing that is also interesting. The Frame we have of Adam & Rebecca running with the parked cars behind them is filmed with a long lenses from pretty far out. Their crew are nowhere to be seen. That means they're being filmed by the area cameramen at a task or pitstop. Whatever it is, it's on the other side of the street just in front of them. My feeling is that it's the final pitstop.

That doesn't mean they win, but the way they are running, they still think they've got a chance just steps from the pitstop.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 11:49:48 AM by foghillcafe »