Poll

Whos going to win The Amazing Race   ?

Aaron  & Haydon
Rebecca & Adam
Kris & Jon
Freddy & Kendra

Author Topic: Finale Title 2/8 ~" 4 Continents,24 cities,40,000 miles"  (Read 41754 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Finale Title 2/8 ~" 4 Continents,24 cities,40,000 miles"
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2005, 05:01:10 PM »
From the details ~
four teams start off in Shanghai in the penulitimate leg of the race , which ends with one duo being eliminated . The remaining pairs ultimately head back to the US for the final sprint of the finish

never , what I read was that Fred was seen clapping and he was standing next to Hera ..if its true , either he is First and clapping for the incoming teams or second and clapping for the last team .

Chicago traffic light ~

williambader.com/ chicago/chicago.html

Thanks banzai  &*&
A Stroll Through Lincoln Park
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 05:34:34 PM by puddin »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2005, 06:12:15 PM »
Thanks for the clothing analysis, tanbuns.  I suspect you're right about H/A eliminated at F4.

If Freddy is standing next to Hera at the finish line, would CBS release a preview showing the winners?  I'm still hoping for a Kris/Jon win.  Did anyone determine if the double skyscrapers is in Chicago?

Oh, I also wanted to suggest that the pic of Adam during the lock Roadblock is just him leaning against something in frustration (we were shown that Rebecca has trouble with the locks).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2005, 06:22:57 PM »

uh, anyone volunteer to compile all of those pictures in the Chinese leg? I'm stuck :':')

Is this what you mean banzai ? S1mOne , I used some of your photos , thank you  >||
If you want to banzai , hit quote ..copy..paste then delete or reorganize ...

Xian we go

Even the buses are passing us

Its over there

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2005, 06:46:11 PM »
a Chicagoan (Teeanday) at Sucks said that this is Lincoln Park about 3 miles north of the Buckingham Fountain.

Well if thats Adam and Rebecca we can say they dont win if that is teh finsih line.
1. It is not close at all there is not even another cab in the parking lot
2. i dont think they would show the winners running to the finish line

And It was Aaron they gor Fred and Aaron mixed up.  Anyone know if where they were clapping looks that the road Adam and Becca are running on??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2005, 06:56:13 PM »
thanks, puddin, for the vidcaps  (^.#
uh, so what's the detour in China?  *(^

edit: but then again, I heard @ TWoP, the fiilming permit is for the Fountain and not really that park. I'm lost now  *(^

about the lock task, I was thinking they should go for brand new locks. But then again, TAR might throw in a few used locks. Oh well, there goes my strategy.
If Hayden breaks her keys, then she has to get a new one and restart from scratch again. She's behind now.

I agree that the Keys are the Roadblock and Adam is just looking for something in his backpack..whatever ..
the detour ..In China ..no idea banzai , i'm looking for something and will let you know . It has to be something in Xian I would think ..back to google ..lol

I wonder were these photos fit in  *(^ they Jon runs by so fast (blurrrr) ..clue in hand..no backpack
White shorts. Something to do with the China Detour , just guessing here ?

Jon with a Detour/card in his hand it looks yellow ?

On Yellow Mt/ Locks , Jon in his white shorts
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 11:08:46 AM by puddin »

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2005, 08:09:23 PM »
His Banana!!!
Are you sure he's not looking for his dried up chile pepper? ^/^
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2005, 09:39:59 PM »
Okay, i can see that now.
I'm so pissed. This should be a race between Kris/Jon and Hayden/Aaron, clearly the best racers of this season. If Adam/Rebecca win, i will stop watching this show, because the only reason they are still in the race is the excessive bunching of this season. Plus, what's the use of a yield if it's a non-elimination leg?? I'm really, really angry now.

I've been a lurker but I decided to "come out".   *8/

I totally agree that it should be between K/J and H/A for the final two when considering consistency.

Luck does factor into this. For example, H/A wouldn't even be competing right now if they hadn't got lucky to be last on a Non-Elim round.  (same goes for R/A)

Between the bunching up and the luck of the draw (taxi drivers and so forth)...

Hell... I'm just going to say it... FREDDY/KENDUH better not win!!! 

I also have my resevations that the previews would tell us who the last three teams are (no pics of H/A in Hawaii).

argggggggggggggggggg!!!!   |(

Welcome, giggles!! Hope you stay with us !!
I too think that it's really stupid to let us know who the final 3 are. CBS did a bad job with the previews. That's why a really small part of me thinks it's misdirection, and A/H will win... I can't see one more entire leg in China. Maybe they go to Hawai in this leg(the one before the last) and that task with the boats occur there. we just not see H/A doing it....
What do you guys think?  well, i'm probably wrong.

Where did you guys see the shot with Aaron and Hera clapping??

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2005, 09:49:37 PM »
To add a little bit to what pedaler found, I did a Google search of the subways in Chicago, to see if I could find one that resembles the one that Kendra is exiting here....

I found this....

and this....

I am convinced that the finish line will be in Chicago!!!  (^.# Now if we could just figure out who wins!!!

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2005, 10:33:36 PM »
Great work, Tanbuns!! (^.#

Now let's hope Kris/Jon win!!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »
Where did you guys see the shot with Aaron and Hera clapping??

Hey Hi-Fi, supposedly it was shown during a commercial in Canada. But I read where other people from Canada say they haven't seen it.

Let's say that Freddy/Kendra do win the race. Wouldn't they still be standing with Phil when the 2nd and 3rd place teams show up, not standing next to Hera and the other eliminated racers clapping.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 11:05:52 AM by tanbuns »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2005, 02:47:49 AM »
GR8 job tanbuns!  I think you may be right about the race ending in Chicago. 
Hope so!   *^?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2005, 10:03:11 AM »
I am surprised any of the teams woudl be next to Hera...they are usually in the order they finish so Hera should not be next to the 4th place team.  But at the end they all come up and hug and are still clapping.  The 1, 2, and 3 stand up by Phil

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2005, 04:32:02 PM »
 It's all Chinese to me too banzai  ^/^
OK..I'll look for some Osaka vidcaps...GMan rocks  })}

I guess it doesnt matter they go to China then Japan to Honolulu (without Aaron & Haydon )and then Chicago ..maybe with some luck we will get some new promo clips tomorrow .
I wish that I could figure out that market detour .. so I'm off to Japan  look for umbrellas/markets
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 05:35:37 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2005, 09:12:50 PM »
I just saw a new promo ..all I noticed different was Haydon with a paper maybe clue up to her mouth..looking not too happy ..it went by too quick ..to bad I couldnt record it in time  ]*]
Did anyone catch it?

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2005, 09:20:26 PM »
I recorded the Super Bowl Commercials vs The World thingy that was on. I'll watch it and let you know if I see anything!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2005, 09:20:45 PM »
It was on towards the end of Jag which come on here @ 9 ET , Good luck banzai  })}

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2005, 10:18:20 PM »
Puddin,  What makes you think that the race goes to Xi'an?  I just can't imagine them going there without seeing the world famous Terra Cotta soldiers.  I haven't seen one screen cap of the soldiers.  Thanks.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2005, 10:35:52 PM »
Thats what it sounded like to me Pedaler , on the AOL Promo ..first I thought they said "Shian" ..then looking around at the maps of China.. I found " Xi'an"  , yeah I saw the Terra Cotta soldiers when I was searching..Dunno maybe they come into play somehow? *(^
Fwiw ~ Xi'an has an airport
<a href="http://www.xian-airport.com/index.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.xian-airport.com/index.swf</a>

<[/  I Don't know Hi-Fi ..of course the majority of us wants Kris & Jon to win but .. now that were pretty sure A/H dont make the final four ..I wouldn't count Fred & Kendra out just yet  ]:,

#324 Xian " alright Xian we go"

Google Xian

The dude in this photo has a toy plane and its flying around him .

China: Xi'an Photos

TRANSPORTATION Huangshan

Some of those little green taxis around Xi'an

China Pictures 2001 / 079_xian_from_wall
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 12:24:02 AM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2005, 10:37:14 PM »
It has been found that flight NH7058 flies from Osaka to Honolulu.  I am checking schedules further since rounting through Osaka may be the best place to connect between Shanghai and Honolulu. In any case, I do not think anything happens in Japan, it is just a stopover on the way to Honolulu

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2005, 11:40:50 PM »
Thank you GMan ..

more Xi'an vidcaps/drums

Xian Drum Tower

Xian Drum Tower
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 12:34:52 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2005, 12:31:50 AM »
banzai  /#}
Jons Blue vest #419   Great banzai ! this explains what we thought was Jon changing his shirt from black to blue  ( Vidcap #309 page 4 ) ..its a harness or saftey vest for the Skydiving  (^.#

So Vidcap 401 & 403 match up too~
 Haydon "Its over there"

and possably

« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 01:55:23 AM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2005, 10:37:17 AM »
Banzai,  Great screen caps.  The sky diving looks to be the north shore of Oahu http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&q=+north+shore+sky+diving&btnG=Search

Dillingham Field has at least two sky diving companies.  I think the exact location of the paddling is going to be difficult.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2005, 11:43:32 AM »
Some more information.  The best connections (no direct flights) from Shanghai to Honolulu are either through Tokyo or Osaka. There are flights leaving Shanghai on All Nippon Airways (NH) at 12:50PM arriving in Osaka at 3:55Pm connectings with a flight NH7058 (but operated by United Airlines (UA) leaving at 6:30PM (18:30) arriving in Honolulu at 7:00AM the same day (don't forget that you will be crossing the International Date Line so that a flight leaving Wednesday evening at 6:30PM arrives in Honolulu at 7:00AM Wednesday!) There are other flights to Osaka on Japan Airlines and Thai Airlines. So maybe Freddy and Kendra were not able to book straight through from Shanghai and are now trying to get on the earlier flight NH7058. There are also conncecting flights through Tokyo and two of those flights also arrive in Honolulu at 7:00AM.  So it looks like however the three remaining teams fly to Honolulu they all will be arriving at the same time early in the morning.

More Information.  Looking up the "Love Locks" in China, Information on Google places the location of these unique tokens of "love" on a mountain in HUANGSHAN (OR HANGCHOW) China.  This location is pictured in one article and the scene and background are a match for the ones shown on AOL. To reach the Love Locks you must first travel up by gondola cable car (you can walk is you so desire and have all day to do it!) then climb a very steep stairway (AOL shot matches one in the article).  To reach Huangshan you can travel by bus, long and rough roads, or take an overnight sleeper train (about 10 hours with stops).  The distance from Shanghai to Huangshan is about 250 miles. We have no pictures of airports or trainstations so it is possible that they even went by taxi!  And it looks like the four teams are all there together and are waiting for the gates to the cable car to open early in the morning.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2005, 11:51:29 AM »
I dont know if this vidcap was skipped or what..
looks like your train ride GMan  >||  btw~ thanks for the info  ^&#

« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 02:44:32 PM by puddin »

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2005, 12:07:30 PM »
Hayden is wearing pink in that pic!!!! Not orange, but pink!! So they do change their clothes...does that mean they are in the final leg??