Author Topic: Abusive Husband eliminated off the Amazing Race ,article by Trevor  (Read 9801 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Google Alert for: realityfanforum.com ( Heck Yeah Trevor  )  ,,>( (^.#    ^_*(

Abusive Husband eliminated off the Amazing Race
RealityFanForum.com - USA
by Trevor Freeman. Best result of the year thus far on Amazing Race!! I don't think there is a viewer in America (outside of Victoria ...

Abusive Husband eliminated off the Amazing Race
Posted on Wednesday, January 19 @ 08:47:56 EST by Trevor

Read here for a recap of last night's Amazing Race........

by Trevor Freeman

Best result of the year thus far on Amazing Race!! I don’t think there is a viewer in America (outside of Victoria’s immediate family, I’m guessing Jonathan’s family thinks he’s a little bastard as well) who was disappointed with seeing Jonathan & Victoria sent home packing. There was a lot of drama at the end of the episode, but the result was what we all were looking for.

Before I get started, the votes were counted in last week’s poll and Adam from the Amazing Race won over Landon from Real World Philadelphia by a whopping 54% for “Biggest Loser Currently on Reality TV”. Congratulations to Adam. I thought Landon would provide tougher competition, but apparently there is no doubt in the minds of the voters. Secondly, how many of you were shaking your fist at the TV when Adam & Rebecca yielded Freddy & Kendra in an effort to save Jonathan & Victoria from being eliminated. I’d like to congratulate Adam & Rebecca on that move as they have now jumped into to the top spot in terms of teams that I desperately want to see sent home. Finally, you hear all these bad things about Ethiopia, but from what I saw on television it looked like a very green, nice place. I just found that to be highly interesting.

Last night’s Amazing Race with all the teams having to catch a ferry to Nice. Since the initial teams left at midnight but the ferry did not leave until 11:30 A.M. every team caught up. Hayden & Aaron as you might recall started off penniless, but were able to scrounge up a decent amount of cash in this window of time. Kudos to Hayden for wearing the tight blue top while she was begging for money. What old man wouldn’t toss her a few bucks when she asked wearing that? Once the teams got off the ferry that had to catch a cab and get to the city garden where they found their next clue. The clue was to grab a flight to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Four teams ended up on the same earlier flight to Ethiopia (getting in at 10 P.M.) and the remaining two teams (Freddy & Kendra along with Hayden & Aaron) arrived on a flight at 3 A.M. Once again this did not matter as each team had to grab a charter flight in the morning. The first three teams to the counter got an 8:00 A.M flight with the remaining three teams getting a charter that leaves at 8:30 A.M. One key thing that happened here was Adam & Rebecca’s initial attempt to piss me off. They directed Lori & Bolo to the ticket booth to grab the last spot on the 8:00 A.M. charter flight over a fellow water polo player in Jon.

The difference in times for the charter flights ended up not having too much of an effect. Most of the teams hit the Detour at close to the same time. Once there the teams had to choose between “Raising the Roof” and “Mudding the Hut”. The four teams who chose “Raising the Roof” all ended finishing quickly and left behind the two teams who chose to “Mud the Hut” which were Freddy & Kendra along with Jonathan & Victoria. Following the Detour you had to bring two donkeys to a farmer where there was a Yield and a Roadblock. The Roadblock was called “Pay Attention to Detail” and you had to match up a medallion given to you to one worn by the monks. Hayden & Aaron delivered their donkeys first and completed the Roadblock quickly. This enabled them to get to Phil and win first place on this leg. They were followed in order by Lori & Bolo and Kris & Jon.

The real intrigue came in the last three spots. Jonathan & Victoria stupidly only delivered one donkey and were completely screwed until the despicable Jonathan convinced the “Biggest Loser on Reality TV” in Adam to yield Freddy & Kendra. What happened here showed the mettle of Freddy & Kendra. In fact, they may be my pick to win now (and it’s not just because Kendra is ridiculously hot). If you look at teams that generally emerge victorious in tournament style atmospheres, the winner usually has to survive a little adversity (think UConn in last year’s NCAA Tourney or Trevor Freeman in Beer Pong at the 2002 Drinking Olympics). Freddy & Kendra not only survived it, but also thrived on it. They took the Yield in stride and then actually passed Adam & Rebecca at the Roadblock and finished fourth place. The Yield maneuver almost backfired on Adam & Rebecca as they barely held on for fifth. Adam got passed by Freddy at the Roadblock basically because he is incompetent. Rebecca had one of her finest lines of the show when she uttered, “You never send a woman to do a man’s job”. At E2W and RFF, we appreciate the work that Rebecca has been doing and hope that she someday be allowed to enter the show with a real partner. Finally in last place……..drumroll please……….Jonathan & Victoria. Just a great episode of Amazing Race. You have to love that Jonathan has nothing to show for his efforts on the show…EXCEPT for the wrath of America.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to e-mail me at trevor.freeman@east2westsports.com.

http://www.realityfanforum.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=225

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: Abusive Husband eliminated off the Amazing Race ,article by Trevor
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 03:12:27 PM »
Another google alert is awesome!  Have you seen how quickly they can get it up on their site as well.  I submitted on RFF at like 8:45-9.  It was up on google by 9-9:30.  Very impressed by google's work.

"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 03:16:12 PM »
Vic & Dicks Early show video ..its really worth watching

The show's most contentious couple react to getting booted. (1/19/05) | January 19, 2005 09:42:39 •••
Victoria Fuller and Jonathan Baker, the contentious couple on 'The Amazing Race,' tell The Early Show about getting booted and explain their...

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=amazing+race&sp-a=sp1001c63c&sp-k=Video&sp-p=all&sp-f=ISO-8859-1&sp-s=doc_date

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 10:13:25 AM »
intersting appearance.... Vic ws constantly looking at the camera...  :<(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 01:14:12 AM »
Vic/Dik's interview did not change my impression of them.  On the EShow, they were full of excuses in order to vindicate themselves for their abhorable actions on TAR.  If the stress & pressure to win the 1Mil was so difficult that they couldn't conduct themselves humanely, I don't see how they'll be any different at home.  Maybe counseling would help them?  They certainly need to pursue it or part ways.  :<(