Author Topic: YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6821 times)

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 19, 2005, 08:11:17 AM »
Ding dong the A$$HOLE IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How great was it seeing Jonathan & Victoria eliminated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 08:30:24 AM »
 -*^

Oh was sooooo glad when Adam and Rebekka and Jon and Victoria were the last two teams.  Either one could have gone and i would have been happy.  Those two teams i just do not want to win at all.  i was cherring, i wish they could have tied for last, lol. 

i think it was the only time in the whole show that Jon and Victoria were nice to each other.  i think they should have said congratulations for being the last team to arrive you both win a trip to counceling for the next yr...

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 08:43:10 AM »
Had Phil said "Congratulations you have won marriage counseling for a year" that would have arguably been the greatest moment in reality TV history. 
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 08:53:55 AM »
LOL, i agree...

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 09:14:35 AM »
To think if j/v woudl have read the clue right it would have been a race between the last 3 teams!   Jon & Vic were nicer to each other and was happy they were soooooo nice to those kids.  And how respectful for VIC to ask to wear the guy's shirt and kept it covered with her hand the whole time with the monks.   Good for her.  /*^

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 02:27:47 PM »
It was amazing that most of them were respectful. Talk about not arguing, Hayden and Aaron got along well. She really chilled out.

**:)** NO MORE JON AND VIC! _-* __*^
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 07:52:52 PM »
JON AND VICKIE OUT OF 'RACE'

By DON KAPLAN

January 19, 2005 -- JONATHAN Baker, one of the most notorious charac ters in the history of reality TV, was finally bumped out of "Amazing Race" last night.
But Baker — who stirred up a hornets next with his abusive treatment of his wife, Victoria, and other contestants — now says he regrets his bad behavior on the show.

"I'm not this ugly person that I've been made out to be," Baker told The Post after last night's episode ended.

"I took the game too seri ously and I took myself too seriously," he says.

"But most of all I didn't like the person I saw up there. Victoria and I reconciled privately, but I didn't like the person that I portrayed on the screen because I think I'm a better person than that."

Baker insisted that for all the bad behavior that was caught on tape during the around-the-world race last summer, there was an equal amount of kind moments that ended up being edited out.

"I asked CBS, 'Why did you do this?' " Baker says. "You know what they said to me? 'We didn't think it was going to get this out of control.' "

Chief among Jonathan's sins was shoving Victoria, a former Playboy model, at the finish line as she was crying about a screw-up that appeared to cost the couple a leg of the race.

Baker says he's received about 300 hate e-mails a day since then — some containing death threats.

Across the Internet, reality show fan sites blast Baker on a daily basis. "If you Google my name [on the Web] all I am is an abuser," he says.

"I had a really good time on the show but I regret that they portrayed us so negatively," Victoria said last night.

"In real life he's not abusive at all and it's disappointing for us that it came out that way when we went into it having so much fun, being so crazy, going all out and it came off so bad," she says.

On last night's episode, Jonathan and Victoria fell behind when Victoria cut herself on a piece of metal.

With Victoria hurt, the couple misread the rules to last night's challenge and ended up traveling 18 miles on foot surrounded by about 100 singing Ethiopian children.

In the end, Baker says he was so moved by the kids and how they helped he and his wife that he gave all his money, possessions and the clothes off his back to the people in the Ethiopian village.  `/~

"This episode was about my redemption," says

Jonathan.
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/38419.htm

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 07:35:57 AM »
I don't buy that article at all. 

You don't just switch gears and become somebody like that ESPECIALLY with people watching on television.  I think Jonathan is just like that all the time when he gets in pressure situations.  Some people are cool as a cucumber like Joe Montana or Michael Jordan, others react by yelling and screaming at everyone.

I can't believe Victoria took it.  Shocking to me (more shocking than her being a Playboy pinup, I guess Hugh was looking for a page-filler in that month).  There's not a girl I've dated that would ever let me berate her like that.  Not a chance.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 09:53:19 AM »
I think the article was to try and get him in a better light. 

I do think the game is stressful ` however the I am portrayed badly...they use the tape of the real people not actors.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 11:42:59 AM »
They are total Media Whores , no surprise there , they were on like EVERY one of those half hour shows ET ,Inside Edition ..etc ..
I'm No Villian

He says he's not a bad guy ... he just played one on TV. The “Amazing Race” contestant whose rough ways with his partner wife earned him a reprimand from the producers says now ... it was all an act. Inside Edition's April Woodard gets his side of the story….
 ..etc ..  B:) B:) B:) B:)
LOL, this face really tells it all

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 12:34:54 PM »
i thought it was funny that he laughed too!!!   :)*

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 05:54:18 PM »
Oh, that shot of Phil is priceless!  When I saw the episode, I thought he was suppressing a grin, but wasn't sure.  That proves it. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 09:48:54 PM »
 {**}

CBS press party an eyeful

By BILL BRIOUX -- Toronto Sun

Ran into Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan, who was impressed that I actually went out and bought his book (NOW: No Opportunity Wasted). On Tuesday night's show, abusive jackass Jonathan and his wife/victim Victoria were eliminated from the reality series. 

Keoghan seemed relieved. There were grumblings from critics that the producers should have booted this jerk already. Keoghan talked about the "heat of the moment" and the intense, on-the-road competition but clearly he, too, was tired of the abuse. Race has its two-hour finale Feb. 8.

source Jam/CanoeTV~
http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2005/01/20/904655.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2005, 09:53:23 PM »
more stuff~

LIVE FROM LA: Critics have fun with 'Amazing Race'
By Gail Pennington
Post-Dispatch Television Critic
01/21/2005

Questions or comments? E-mail Gail in Hollywood.
(Teak Phillips/P-D)

Story continues below ad
LOS ANGELES

Do people who watch television for a living ever watch television for fun?

Definitely, as CBS proved on "Amazing Race" day. Concerned that visiting members of the Television Critics Association might skip that evening's event to stay at the hotel and catch their favorite reality show, CBS arranged a piped-in advance feed of the episode at lunchtime, about eight hours before it was set to air on the West Coast.

The screening drew almost 100 "Race" fans and created a raucous atmosphere, especially in scenes  involving abusive Jonathan Baker and his screeching wife, Victoria Fuller. When the abrasive duo was eliminated, cheers went up throughout the room.

"Amazing Race" creator Bertram von Munster got a kick out of hearing that, he said that evening. More seriously, he confirmed that he'd taken Baker to task during the shooting of the show about his constant verbal and borderline physical abuse of his wife, which many viewers found offensive. Baker offered an apology on his personal Web site but also contends that the editing of the show made him look bad. Not so, suggested host Phil Keoghan. "It was even worse than you saw, but that's apparently how they are with each other."

Some viewers wondered how far Baker would have had to go before being tossed out of the race, especially after he shoved Fuller at the finish line and caused her to fall.

source ~

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/columnists.nsf/gailpennington/story/56F0960BD30FD90186256F9000040200?OpenDocument&Headline=LIVE+FROM+LA%3A+Critics+have+fun+with+'Amazing+Race'

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 10:54:25 AM »
WOW for Phil to say it was much worse.....  [[8]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Abusive Racer Apologizes
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 09:23:14 PM »
Dick & Vics TV guide interview ~

by Ethan Alter

Jonathan and Victoria

With a 15 percent popularity rating at CBS.com, it's safe to say that Jonathan and Victoria are the least-liked duo to ever run The Amazing Race (Tuesdays, 9 pm/ET). As a result, few fans shed tears when the married entrepreneurs from California were Philiminated on this week's episode. Here, these two try to explain their combative behavior on the race, and insist there's more to their relationship than meets the eye.

TV Guide Online: Jonathan, you've said that you planned to be this season's villain. Think you accomplished that a bit too effectively?
Jonathan: Absolutely. I didn't know what it was going to look like, and I didn't know how much work it was going to be. I have to say that I apologize if I ever offended anybody, because it wasn't what I intended to do. CBS turned the story line toward Victoria and I when, in actuality, I went in there to terrorize everybody else. I didn't know what it was going to look like when I decided to give that raw emotion, and when I saw it up there, I was horrified myself. I didn't like what I saw, and I had to take a step backward and evaluate what that energy was and why people were running from it. I'm a big fan of the show; you will not find another person with a better understanding of the show than me. Most people have to rev up before doing the show; I never had to rev up because I knew what was going on from the beginning. I'm just a very confident person and it was a competitive race. Everyone makes mistakes, and I certainly made my share of mistakes out there.

TVGO: Your energy manifested itself in uncomfortable ways. It was difficult to watch the way you treated Victoria. Specifically, there's the time you hit her head with the car trunk. Later on, you shoved her in Berlin.
Victoria: Well, when he hit me on the head with the trunk, he did apologize — they just didn't show it. And I said, "Come on, let's just go. Forget about it." Obviously, he didn't do that on purpose.
Jonathan: Look at [last season's] Colin and Christie. They said the same thing I'm saying about [the editing]. I'm not making light of this, but CBS helped the story line a long way. There were a lot of good things that happened on the race that were never shown. We went into this knowing we were going to be the villains, so I almost gave myself permission to be bad. It went too far and that's what I'm sorry for. Victoria and I have reconciled in private, and we've talked about what was supposed to be and what wasn't supposed to be. The shove in Berlin was wrong. It was wrong and I should not have done it. I can't apologize any more because I really felt that it hurt. I quit the race at that point because it was such a dramatic moment. It took me seven hours to calm down. I didn't quit because I'm a quitter, I quit because I was very upset. I was very upset with Phil for the way he said, "Do you want to go and talk to your wife?" He had five minutes with me on the mat and he said that! I was very upset because I worked very hard — I should say we worked very hard — and if you notice, we came in second on almost every leg. We took the game very seriously, almost too seriously. But it was a lot of fun to do, and Victoria and I have been together for eight years, so we do have a core friendship that people didn't see.

TVGO: Victoria, you seemed to shrug off a lot of your husband's behavior. Were you more assertive off camera?
Victoria: I shrugged it off a lot, and I also gave it back to him a lot. They didn't always show me telling him "Get away from me" or "Back off" or just defending myself. A lot of times, they show me sitting there, which wasn't always the case. I did stick up for myself, and we did banter back and forth.

TVGO: Do you personally feel that he crossed the line?
Victoria: Obviously, that moment in Berlin was a heavy moment for us, and probably one of the most dramatic moments in our relationship. We don't fight like that; we're not physical with each other. So having the worst moment of your relationship aired on national television was pretty tough. That was the biggest one for me. With everything else, we knew what happened before, during and after those moments, so it was different for us. It wasn't just the six minutes of intense negativity that the audience saw.
Jonathan: I loved every moment of every second of the race. Yes, the stress came up from behind us and made us not great with each other, but independently, we ran the race very well. We just didn't run it well with each other. The lines blur between "Is it a race or is it a show about relationships?" When you are on television, it's a race about relationships. But when you're there, it's a race and it's a race for $1 million. And everybody is pushing you very hard, so you don't want to ever forget you are in a race, or else it will end very quickly.

TVGO: How have you reevaluated yourselves and your relationship since the race?
Victoria: Well, we've talked a lot about what was going on, and when you see the worst of the worst you know what you don't want to see again. When people have been together for a long time like we've been, you get very comfortable with each other. When you're in the first week of dating someone and you tell them to shut up, it has a lot more power than when you have been together eight years. Everything negative we said to each other — not that it was OK and not that our relationship is horrible like that — but you're so used to each other that you don't take that into consideration. We've definitely decided that whether we're comfortable or not, we don't want to be that vocally negative with each other. We've learned to draw the line and be more respectful of each other — whether we mean it or not, there's some things you can't take so lightly.

TVGO: If you were to do it all over, do you think you could keep this from happening again?
Victoria: I definitely do. I think we've learned a big lesson, and the next time around I don't think we'd fight or bicker. I don't think we'd bring it to that ugly of a place ever again.
Jonathan: I don't think we'll ever bring anything to that ugly of a place. Then again, if you have an explosive personality, you're going to be creative. I do know they could have softened it. This is a family show, they could have softened the blow. They knew going in that they were going to get this. If we gave them 200 percent, why did they have to use 200 percent? They could have used 180 percent. That was my feeling when I called them after the first week and said, "What are you doing? This is a family show." What was chosen for us, we did not choose. We gave them the good, the bad and the ugly. In the same breath, I'm very remorseful for the nerve that I hit. Victoria and I have a very strong relationship. We've been married for eight years — some people can't even stay together two or three years. We're very vocal with each other and I think there's a healthiness to that. We crossed that line past that healthiness.

http://tvguide.com/news/insider/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 12:44:26 PM »
  )_^>

January 21, 2005

And then it was over just like that......... It was the most expensive piece of ass we ever had. We want to thank the people that liked us and even the people that hated us. The lines were drawn with such conviction. Jonathan is feeling better and with more treatment his Sarcoidosis will get better. We knew going in we would not be Ozzy and Harriet but had no idea we would be we would come out Ozzy and Sharon. :) We loved running the Amazing Race as much as watching it. Until next time.

The Early Show
http://video.cgi.cbsnews.com/video/video.pl?url=/media/2005/01/19/video667744.wmv&sid=207&ad=/media/2004/09/08/video641914.wmv

Jonathan and Victoria
The Amazing Race 6

http://www.jonathanbakerandvictoriafuller.com/

Offline HaydennAaronFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • *Hayden and Aaron, the #1 team on the race*
    • Hayden!
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2005, 11:54:17 AM »
i was a little sad they were gone (no offense people), just because they were so funny&s+upid. They were actually strong competition c/* , cause they got second a lot of times, i was really happy to see that they $crewed up so badly!! (^.#

Go hayden&Aaron ]#[
Hayden n Aaron #1 Team on The Amazing Race 6!

Amazing Race 7 Picks:

Megan and Heidi
Ron and Kelly
Rob and Amber
Greg and Brian

Survivor Picks:

Kim and Stephanie (Sorry Jeff , Too bad lose)!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
By SARAH KENNEDY -- Calgary Sun
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2005, 06:15:31 PM »
'Amazing Race' contestant speaks of experiences

By SARAH KENNEDY -- Calgary Sun

Jonathan Baker's pulse is racing.

The villainous Amazing Race contestant who, along with his wife Victoria Fuller, was kicked off the race on the Jan. 18 episode, says he has had a hard time watching the show (which wraps up Tuesday at 9 p.m. in a two-hour finale on DE) because of how he was portrayed.

"I'm not happy with what I see up there. I'm a better person than that. That doesn't represent me or our relationship," Baker says. "I call it reality blurred."

Baker says he was so angry, he's called CBS several times to complain.

"I asked, 'what is wrong with you people?' We gave them the good, the bad and the ugly and all they showed was the ugly."

The argumentative couple had tongues really wagging one episode when, during a race to a pit stop, Baker become so angry with Fuller, he shoved her.

"I was upset because we had a three-day lead over everybody and she ruined it," he says during a phone interview with the Sun.

"I ruined it?" Fuller yells in the background, launching an argument.

"I threw my bag. I didn't know she picked it up and she cried in hysterics because she knew she made a mistake and that I was going to be pissed," says Baker recalling the episode. "Unfortunately, I made a conscious decision to show my raw emotions. I shouldn't have done it, but I didn't know how it was going to look."

Following the incident, host Phil Keoghan somewhat chastised Baker, ordering him to go talk to his wife.

"Phil handled it horribly," says Baker. "He thought he had to teach me something and I thought what is going on? Is this a race or what? He had me on the race mat for 15 minutes before telling me to go talk to her."

After that episode, Baker says he decided he was done with the race, but he claims executive producer Bertram van Munster convinced him to stay.

"He said, 'you are one of greatest reality characters of all reality shows of all time.' It gave me enough justification to go forward."

However, van Munster has been quoted saying Baker and Fuller may have actually scared away viewers.

Things did not seem to improve between the contentious couple after the notorious shoving incident.

Screaming matches intensified and one clip showed Baker bonk Fuller on the head in the back of a taxi.

"But they didn't show me apologize afterwards," he says of CBS. "I blame them for not having a better storyline. Who wants to see spousal abuse?"

Fellow-contestant and wrestler Bolo Dar'tainian also commented in a recent interview that Baker's treatment of Fuller was "way out of line."

When hearing this, Baker laughs.

"I think he's a little two-faced. He and Lori punched each other all the time. In Corsica, he almost slapped her."

The seemingly abusive relationship also had consequences for the couple back in the real world.

Fuller explains: "For my family it made it look like more was going on behind closed doors. Any good parent is going to have questions. They talked about it with Jonathan and everything is good now, but at the time they had a lot of lingering questions for him."

Baker says their abrasive personalities was part of a shtick. "We walked in there like a speeding train hitting a wall. We wanted to be the villains, we wanted to cause trouble."

However, Baker says his more benevolent and strategic acts went unnoticed.

In Ethiopia, he and Fuller gave $1,000 US and all of their clothes to children.

Although Baker and Fuller can't comment on who they think deserves to win, they both admit Kris Perkins and Jon Buehler gave them the biggest run for their money.

"Every time I looked over my shoulder they were there," says Baker. "Jon and Kris were consistent."

Tuesday, Perkins and Buehler will battle it out against Kendra Bentley and Freddy Holliday, Hayden Kristianson and Aaron Crumbaugh, and Adam Malis and Rebecca Cardon for the $1 million prize.

source~
http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2005/02/05/921485.html

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2005, 08:23:58 AM »
"I was upset because we had a three-day lead over everybody and she ruined it," he says during a phone interview with the Sun.

"I ruined it?" Fuller yells in the background, launching an argument.

Some things never change....

Jonathan wants to have his cake and eat it too: he says he went into the Race wanting to be the villain, and now he's complaining about it.  The man is a loser in so many ways.

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2005, 04:13:32 PM »
I can't believe you guys are still talking about him.  :)ZZZ:) You are giving him the attention he wants. )_^>
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip: