Author Topic: Survivor Host's Reality Romance  (Read 6849 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Survivor Host's Reality Romance
« on: January 05, 2005, 01:10:55 PM »
TV Guide on line
Survivor Host's Reality Romance
by Mary Murphy

Julie Berry may have just missed making the final four on Survivor: Vanuatu, but she did wind up with a nice consolation prize: As previously reported, Berry, 24, a youth mentor from Gorham, Maine, began dating Survivor host Jeff Probst shortly after filming wrapped last summer. With the Vanuatu season finished, Probst has gone public with the relationship and calls her "the love of my life."

Berry flirted with Probst during the game, "but," he says, "she was playing around and I was harder on her than on [the other contestants] because I thought she was not delivering as much as I wanted. We were definitely not having our own little party out there."

But a month after they returned from the island, Probst called Berry. "I had a lingering curiosity about her," he admits. "I have made a few friends on the Survivor shows, like Colby and Savage. And I check in on people sometimes to see how things are going."

Obviously, "checking in" led to more than friendship. The twosome really bonded on a West Coast road trip they took together. "That is when we really got to know each other and I started to fall in love," he shares. "The person on Survivor is not the real me. I play a distinct role — a real hard-ass. And it was not the real Julie either; she was playing to win a million dollars. When I got to know her, I was blown away by the real wisdom of this woman." Berry has since moved from Maine to Los Angeles, where she is studying for a master's degree in marriage and family therapy.

"I had been waiting for this for a long time," says the 43-year-old divorcé. "I never would have dreamed I would find a love affair on a show I hosted. I would have lost my house and all the money in my bank account betting against it."

According to Probst, the other Survivor contestants are cool with their romance. "They are completely supportive," he says. The one person with whom he has not discussed it is his boss, executive producer Mark Burnett. "Mark is so in love with Roma Downey that he is a convert, a believer in love," says Probst. "I'm sure he will say 'I am really happy for you.'"

http://tvguide.com/news/insider/050105c.asp

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: Survivor Host's Reality Romance
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 03:10:59 PM »
After vomiting in my trash can, let me break down what Jeff Probst just said.

"I had a lingering curiosity about her,"

translation:  Julie looked really good in a bikini and I wanted to get in her pants.

"she was playing around and I was harder on her than on [the other contestants] because I thought she was not delivering as much as I wanted. We were definitely not having our own little party out there."

translation:  She was teasing me to the point that it began to piss me off.

"The person on Survivor is not the real me. I play a distinct role — a real hard-ass."

Trevor's commentary:  Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! :()()  Yeah, Jeff sure reminds me of a young Bobby Knight.

"And it was not the real Julie either; she was playing to win a million dollars. When I got to know her, I was blown away by the real wisdom of this woman."

translation:  Hopefully she is reading this in TV Guide and she'll give me some more lovin' when she's through with the article.

"Mark is so in love with Roma Downey that he is a convert, a believer in love," says Probst. "I'm sure he will say 'I am really happy for you.'"

translation:  Hopefully Mark isn't pissed off at me for dating somebody from the show.  I really need to keep this job.  The money is fabulous and without it I am just a nobody.  As long as I have this gig I will always be known as the guy who hosts Survivor.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 03:26:34 PM »
 :D I love you you Trevor..Good Times  *()* ..I'm still  in tears laughing .. :()()

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »
Do not tell me we are going to have to hear about Julie over the next season or longer?  B:)  B:)  B:)

:)ZZZ:)
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 09:28:58 PM »
Well theres a bit more in my TV guide hard copy :)

Jeff: I had been waiting for this for a long time  says the 43yr old divorce'. I never would have dreamed I would find a love affair on a show I hosted . I would have lost my house and all my money in my bank account betting against it .

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 10:35:54 PM »
I wonder if jeff, julie and colby will have a threesome, or if jeff will keep his two loves separate?  :)*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 10:57:49 PM »
I give up ..

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 12:40:22 AM »
Didn't you hear? Colby moved on to Adam for TAR.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 03:58:59 PM »
NO chakeeta  :()() lmao !!
Does anyone get the TV guide hard copy ? well theres an article about hellboy ..sorta funny ..they compare him to the real hellboy cartooney character  :)*..I'll scan it later if you want?