Author Topic: the survivors are doing alright  (Read 9958 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: the survivors are doing alright
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2005, 09:53:55 PM »
 {l{ Your suppose to eat the Egg , hardboiled of course with salt  }^! Pal there are more smilies where it says [more] }*}

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2005, 12:51:01 AM »
Hi Pal, welcome to the board and thanks for all your interesting information about Palau.  I enjoyed reading all the posts here with you and Puddin.  {^[

Offline palauan on guam

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • achoo!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2005, 11:35:09 PM »
hi bathfizzy...thanks for stoppin by...   
 /*^ thanx puddin for introducing me to more smiling faces...

palauan words:

}hlp{ akai - ouch
 :<( alii - hello
 ^]] diabelong - devil
 ^*^* soak kau  - i like you
 )!) a ngalk - hot girl
 )') adang
 <)^ dimlak el ngak
 ,,>( ke meral muff
 >(^ sulang
 -*^ oi oi til ekidelch
palauan unexposed....
say hello to my little fwen..."click" palau palau palau palau palau palau...muhahahahahah

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2005, 12:29:47 AM »
 ]&] I heart you Pal  ]**] ,and  you too Bathfizzy  ^*^*

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2005, 03:51:17 AM »
Hey Pal, thanks for the palauan words and for all the interesting Palauan info!  (^.#
Nice to have you aboard!  \|]

Ruday  *^?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 02:57:56 PM »
Hey pal ~ soak kau

Offline palauan on guam

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • achoo!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2005, 09:52:16 PM »
hey rudyrules, hey hey puddin, hey hey hey texan survivor, hey hey  hey hey bathfizzy thanx for all the replys...damn realityfanforum rules...  ]#* and kmal soak el direkl texan...(i like u too)...lol ..  well hows the survivor so far..ive already missed 2 episodes.. i cant find any other interesting stuffs about Palau... but i do know some superstitions out of my head

-when a gecko makes noise at night , someone is coming (oddly this seems to be accurate)
-if u cant find a spider on its web, a typhoon is coming (actually its true) because spiders seek shelter whenever heavy rains come.
-if u see anything black flash by you while walking or driving... spit towards the side it came from
-when playing in the jungle show some respect...dont make uneccesary sounds...or youll get bruises the next day
-if you ever see something real scary like a dead person or ghost...dont turn away untill you memorize exactly how it looks (this is something that will keep you from getting haunted ....you may not actually see a ghost , but like soldiers after battle...u will start seeing things that arent really there)
-when fishing, whisper when talking, avoid laughing too much, and dont catch more than u need, and never kill a manta ray.
-if in a funeral u cant cry without laughing...(this is very important that u tell jokes and cry with the family, while the body is still in the house...)
- dont let ur children (under 12) play out too late especially when its near a jungle... there are things we call duendes(chamorro), kekereal chad(palauan) that like to play with children but usually try to kill them afterwards. oh and they also afect the minds...here in the islands there are several ways to get rid of this spell, but the most common is the urine of any male in the childs family takin the urine pouring it over tangan tangan leaves and whipping the child untill he\she cries...duendes\kekereal chad cant cry..so thats how u know the spells gone

well thats all i can think of for now...there are other things but there not really superstitions...there kind of logical..so yeah
well one love people...laters for now...  ]-{
palauan unexposed....
say hello to my little fwen..."click" palau palau palau palau palau palau...muhahahahahah

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2005, 10:31:28 AM »
 Pal , we may have a "Grosse" disgusting food challenge coming up in this weeks episode , the castaways will have to eat  :P  yukky things to win the challenge .. can you share some of the foods around Palau that we may think of as "blech" to eat here in the states ?
Like pidgeon or certain types of fish or vegetation .... ]**]

ke meral muff ,,>(

Offline palauan on guam

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • achoo!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2005, 06:48:41 PM »
yeah ...we eat pidgeon (belochelch) it is really good, but now its illegal to catch
we also eat turtle (chuel) , but now thats illegal to catch... oh good grief  :-\
umm...sea urchin guts(iyebuchel) , bats, balati im not sure what the english name is it looks like a penis. and we eat the guts, it looks like worms and slimy like bugers.

most of these food i mention do taste sick at first except turtle and pidgeon..but after awhile youll get use to it eventually love it... do u remember when ur a kid and you said you really hate the taste of beer or wine...and now when u drink it and you really like it....well thats how it is.

but my most favorite, the one i would love to see the survivors do. lol is chew betel nut...lol you have the betel nut (buuch), lime (ousch), leaf(kebiu), and cigarette (dakoal) all wraped together and chewed...lol i would love to see that
palauan unexposed....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2005, 07:03:55 PM »
OMG , this is great stuff Pal  ]**]  thank you , oh and eating a penis looking balati thingy ..I won't even go there 8-)'  :)*

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2005, 08:10:16 PM »
Pal quote: "-if u see anything black flash by you while walking or driving... spit towards the side it came from"

Is that to prevent something bad from gettin' ya?!  :<(

Offline palauan on guam

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • achoo!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2005, 10:10:26 PM »
lol puddin...yeah it does sound kinda sick to eat something that looks like a penis...i mean especially for me, im a man and i have a reputation to keep...lol. but if i do miss the episode where they eat something gross, can you please tell me what they ate... ok sulang (thank you),

and to rudyrules, yah its kind of keeping something bad from happening. you know how it is if you see a miracle its either coincidence or a sign from god, well a black flash can be coincidence or a sign from evil. it kinda means that a demon is right next to you... and we spit all the bad things that might come out of our mouth later... by spitting it sees youll try to avoid doing bad things and it will leave in search for someone else to pick on...well yeah, thats about all... mauriul (laters)
palauan unexposed....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2005, 10:49:51 PM »
LOL Pal  ^/^ ..I won't even go there  *8/ ..anyway YES if I will be sure to let you know exactly what they eat  *%#

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2005, 01:33:22 AM »
...and to rudyrules, yah its kind of keeping something bad from happening. you know how it is if you see a miracle its either coincidence or a sign from god, well a black flash can be coincidence or a sign from evil. it kinda means that a demon is right next to you... and we spit all the bad things that might come out of our mouth later... by spitting it sees youll try to avoid doing bad things and it will leave in search for someone else to pick on...well yeah, thats about all... mauriul (laters)
Wow Pal...that is all verrry interesting! Sulang!  (*(  I need to share this with my best friend, who thinks Murphy's Law works overtime in his life!!  I'll tell him to start spitting like crazy so 'ol Murphy will pick on someone else!  ]*]  LOL! 

Keep us educated on this stuff.  I enjoy reading about it!  })}
Again,
sulang
sulang
sulang

mauriul
Ruday  *^?

p.s. do you pronounce sulang soo-LANG'  or SOO'-lang
What about mauriul?  How's that pronounced??

Offline palauan on guam

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • achoo!!!
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2005, 08:24:46 PM »
im not really good at showing prounciations but ill try  ^&#
sulang (sue\sew- lah- ng)
mauriul, mau rhymes with now, real without the "l", than eww, than "la"(mow-ree-ew-la)
the palauan language is very tounge twisting, so its really hard to explain how its pronounced

also when your reading a palauan word "ch" is pronouned "uh"

-person (chad) - sounds like odd, more like aahd
-good bye (mechikung) - meh- ee - goo- ng

"ch" is kinda silent

we also use a lot of japanese words, because from world war 2, but most of the japanese words are like technology and modern equipment and stuff.

fan- sambugi
light\power - dengi
beer - beeru
airplane - skogi
radio - rasho (i think)
trouble maker- bakero
caned sardines - iwashi
transportation - sidosha
threres many more but i cant remember, most old people from age 70+ can speak fluent japanese, its funny because the young palauan generation speaks english, like me...lol ok mauriul  :<(

palauan unexposed....