Author Topic: Trevors Recap 1/5 The Orange Bowl, Water Polo and the Amazing Race  (Read 4080 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Trevor !! Your Famous !! *()* I'm signed up for Google alerts for The Amazing Race ..this is what came in my Email  **:)**

The Orange Bowl, Water Polo and the Amazing Race
RealityFanForum.com - USA
... We had the Orange Bowl, the Amazing Race cliffhanger, and the Real World. I thought I might be up until 2 in the morning trying to watch everything
. ...
 *()* Great article ,thanks Trevor !!

The Orange Bowl, Water Polo and the Amazing Race
Posted on Wednesday, January 05 @ 10:34:17 EST
Topic: The Amazing Race 
Read here for a recap of the Amazing Race.........

by Trevor Freeman

Last night I hit television overload. There was just too much quality programming on. We had the Orange Bowl, the Amazing Race cliffhanger, and the Real World. I thought I might be up until 2 in the morning trying to watch everything. Luckily for me, USC laid the smack down on Oklahoma and I felt comfortable about flipping the game off midway though the third with the Trojans up 45-10. This blowout enabled me to watch the Amazing Race last night and come with a recap for this morning.

As you all recall, Lori and Bolo were stuck at the train station and well behind the rest of the teams at the end of the last episode. This would prove not to affect them at all, as they caught a 2:55 A.M. train to Budapest, made it to the Internet Café, and then to the museum at 7 in the morning where they took a nap and waited for the other teams to arrive. Once the museum opened at 10 there was a race to the Route Marker. When this race began, a gate was opened up. In the midst of everything, somebody pulled the gate down and hit Freddy in the head. This prompted Freddy to challenge to a brawl. Had I been on the show, I would have pointed a finger at Jonathan. Lori & Bolo reached the Route Marker first and this was huge as they got to the first Fast Forward of the race. They took advantage of this and finished up first on this leg.

After all the teams received their clue they had to hurry off to the next Detour which involved scoring a goal in Water Polo (Hungary’s national sport) or rowing a boat across the Danube. As a former Division I water polo for Fordham University (who scored 57 goals in one season which I believe is still the Rams’ single season record) I was pretty pumped about this. Jon was supposedly a former water polo player and from my eye he looked like he could play. I was pretty upset about how this was done as people were throwing the ball with two hands. That is completely illegal in water polo. If they were going to highlight the sport, it would have been nice to do it right. It also would have been nice to see the goalie show a little effort. Had I been in net, both Jonathan & Victoria would still be playing right now. The big thing that happened in this Detour was Gus choosing to paddle across the Danube instead of playing water polo. This would come back to haunt him in a big way as all the teams who chose to play water polo finished up quickly.

Following the Detour was a Roadblock where everybody had to drink an extremely spicy Hungarian stew. Jonathan once again was yelling at Victoria during this. Not sure if you guys heard but Jonathan now says that he was trying to be the bad guy for TV purposes and that he is really not like how he was portrayed. This is the third excuse he has made with the other two being it was his prescription drugs and it was poor editing by the Amazing Race producers. Anyways, I’m not sure if I could have handled this task. Once people started puking it had to be gross in there. If that stew wasn’t bad enough the smell of puke would definitely make me queasy. The big move was made here by Adam & Rebecca as Rebecca chowed down this stew very quickly.

After the Roadblock was the Pit Stop and the teams finished in the following order behind Lori & Bolo. Kris & Jon, Jonathan & Victoria, Hayden & Aaron, Adam & Rebecca, and Freddy & Kendra. Gus & Hera sadly were eliminated.

source  :D
http://www.realityfanforum.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=217

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: Trevors Recap 1/5 The Orange Bowl, Water Polo and the Amazing Race
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 07:33:09 AM »
I heard the news from Rob.  That is really cool!  I think we've figured their code as to how to get articles up on Google.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 03:43:19 PM »
 I'm not surprised at all Trevor  :-* , your a wonderful writer and we are so lucky to have you on our team  *()*, just to let you know ..we really do appreciate you  :)_{}

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 07:51:43 AM »
Thank you Puddin!!!!!!!

BTW, my mother studied the gate pulling down incident from that episode and believes Adam is the culprit.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 11:08:20 AM »
 8-)' Adam ! He's lucky that Freddie didn't rip his head off  :)*

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 09:23:47 AM »
BTW, puddin........the recap is on Google News again.  I think we have unlocked the code.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 10:34:36 AM »
 :D Not only is it on the Google news ..it's the very first one  **:)** YAY  Trevor !!!!! *()*..on my way to read it  **:)**

Nobody Eliminated on the Amazing Race
RealityFanForum.com - 2 hours ago
Read here for a recap of the Amazing Race. In this article we also delve into the question of who is the biggest loser currently on Reality Television? ...

http://www.realityfanforum.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=219

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 10:40:08 AM »
I know.  This is great.  Had I known all along I would have found some way to insert the title of the show into every article I've written.

*()*

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 06:04:51 PM »
Great recap Trevor.  And congrats for getting your article on the google news :)() :)() :)() ^:)^