banzai/ puddin
1 (5.6%)
non-elim
2 (11.1%)
who cares Dick & Vic are gone !!
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: January 26, 2005, 11:37:22 PM

Author Topic: 1/25 Title "It Always Comes Down to the Details"  (Read 17438 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: 1/25 Title "It Always Comes Down to the Details"
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2005, 11:31:18 PM »
Just to confirm what we already knew , Taddy /Palm Tree rope walking = Detour  ^&#

Offline mcfad

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Amazing Race!
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2005, 06:10:13 AM »
I think is non-elimination. We know there are 4 legs left (3 pit-stops and the finish line), with only 1 non-elimination.
The final pit-stop (episode 13) cannot be non-eliminated because they won't ask one of final 3 to beg for money.
So is either this episode (11) or next week is the non-elimination. If one team get eliminated this week, then we are almost certainly
next week is non-elimination. So I say non-elimination MUST BE this week. 

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2005, 10:09:55 AM »
Here from my posting on BLOWS (to make it easier on you):

It is time to try to put together what we know so we can fill in the blanks of what we don't know - like who wins and who is eliminated.

First.  The teams start off in LaLibella, Ethiopia at their pit stop. Since they all seemed to have arrived during the daylight hours of the afternoon, they will be leaving in the dark hours of early morning. I imagine that they would be directed to return to the local airport and sign up for one of two charters to take them back to Addis Ababa (but since we only have five teams now maybe they are on only one charter) But in any case we will have another good ole bunching as the first plane does not leave until the sun has risen.  We have a shot of the same plane they arrived in (small two engine turbo prop) taking off from a rural airstip in what looks like early morning light.

Second.  We have teams running again through the Addis Ababa airport lobby and out the door.  Most likely they have been told in the route information to find a cab and proceed to the Ethiopian National Stadium for their next clue. We have shots of taxies racing through the streets.  Arriving at the stadium, they must form teams with Ethiopian track stars. We see them in their distinctive Olympic green and red uniforms with Ethiopia on their chests.  Another possible bunching as they wait for the statium to open.  The teams are made up as follows: Racer with no.1, a female Ethiopian racer; she runs one lap and hands off to the no. 2 racer a female member of the team (we see Kris and Lori) who runs one lap and hands off to the no. 3 racer a male Ethiopian racer who runs one lap and hands off to the no. 4 racer the final male member of the team (Bolo and Jon). Bolo is way ahead of two other teams who are on the track at the same time; Bolo is nearing the finish line in front of the stands and has just passed a No.3 male Ethopian with a baton still in his hand (so he has not passed off to the No. 4 racer yet),and a female no. 1 is just coming up with the baton still in her hand. So Bolo is smoking one team by one lap and another team by 3 laps! But this just means he will get to the airport for a longer wait than the others.

Fourth:At the conclusion of the race (don't know if they are competing against each other - that would really be a strain if the losing teams had to race again - so it is probably against a time limit, and if you don't meet the time, you must run again - perish the thought.) the team receives the next route clue which tels them to proceed back to the airport and arrange for a flight to Colombo, Sri Lanka.  Ah yes, still another chance for everyone to bunch up once again (We have remarks by Jon and Kris about everyone catching up, so maybe they do win the first relay race) Travelocity lists flights on Ethopian Airlines to Colombo, Sri Lanka connecting in Dubai. Planes leave Addis Ababa either at 1PM or 2:20PM (depending on the day) and arrive in Colombo starting at 5:30AM the next morning (connecting flights also arrive at 5:40, and 6:05AM)

Fifth:After a round-about flight from Addis Ababa, to Dubai, to Colombo, Sri Lanka, they get their next route marker which tells them to go by tuk-tuk  to the Fort Railway Station and catch a train going south to Galle.  A beautiful ride along the Western Coast.

Sixth: In Galle, again they find tuk tuks to take them to a rural location where they discover the clue for the DETOUR. Either score a goal at the polo pitch of the Ceylon Elephant Polo Association (their headquarters are in the town of Weligama, 15 miles from Galle but they also hold tournaments in Galle) by riding on an elephant steered and driven by a mahout. Or they have to climb a palm, walk a wire and become a Toddy Tapper. So it is either ride and score or climb and walk.  We have established Bolo and Lori and Aaron and Hayden on the high wire; and Freddy and Kendra on the elephant (she has just scored a goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaal). No sign of either Adam and Rebecca or Kris and Jon at the Detour. Just another note. We have a scene of Bolo and Lori in a green tuk tuk passing Adam and Rebecca in a Red (?) tuk tuk. Bolo is wearing a yellow shirt so this is after the train ride; and Adam looks clean shaven. Not quite sure where this fits but it is a ruarl setting so it may be on the way to the Detour.

Seventh:  After the detour task they get a route marker telling them to again take a train back to Colombo and make connections north to Habarane-Sigiriya and find the Lion Rock for their next clue.  We don't have anything concrete here, but according to the Sri Lanka Railroad Time Table and Map, trains from Galle to Sigiriya must go back to Colombo and make a connection.  Here is where I think Adam and Rebecca have their BIG SCENE. It is clear from various pictures that they are at the Fort Station, but it is not clear whether this is before or after the trip to Galle. Since we have seen them in a tuk tuk on a rural road being passed by Bolo and Lori, I suspect that they have returned to Colombo and missed their connection to Sigiriya. In his blowup, Adam now has at least a full days growth of beard, so it probably is after the trip to Galle.

Eighth:  The ROADBLOCK is to climb the Lion Rock and using binoculars locate a flag in the distance which is the Pit Stop. We had a similar task in Paris, I do believe. The only people we have established at the Lion Rock in Sigiriya are Kris and Jon, and Lori and Bolo. Both Jon and Lori are shown with cards with red tops (detour clues). Lori has trouble and had to come back to Bolo to get the rest of the clue.  We have no idea where the other teams are; whether they are ahead or behind the two teams shown.

Promos on The Early Show this morning definitely say that they will have the next team castaway on the show Wednesday morning so this will, indeed, be an elimination leg.

So to make some purely guesses:

First to the Pit Stop: Either Kris and Jon; or Hayden and Aaron.

Eliminated: Either Bolo and Lori; or Adam and Rebecca (but as Shakespeare has said I think the lady protesteth too much, and CBS has been playing the Adam and Rebecca blowup and their possible quitting too much.)

The team blowing out the other in the race: Bolo and Lori

The team with another falling apart: Adam and Rebecca

The team with trouble reading directions: Bolo and Lori

The team with fear of heights: Hayden and Aaron.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2005, 10:47:24 AM »
Thank you for posting your anaysis over gingerman28 , you really are popular and again I can't tell you how much we appreciate you joining our group    |*|

:<( Welcome to the forum  mcfad , please make yourself at home  (^.#

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2005, 11:21:31 AM »
I always miss many things, sometimes in retrospect the most obvious. But it is fun trying to outwit CBS and their promo misdirections. And just call me GMan for short.

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2005, 01:04:18 PM »
Eighth:  The ROADBLOCK is to climb the Lion Rock and using binoculars locate a flag in the distance which is the Pit Stop. We had a similar task in Paris, I do believe. The only people we have established at the Lion Rock in Sigiriya are Kris and Jon, and Lori and Bolo. Both Jon and Lori are shown with cards with red tops (detour clues). Lori has trouble and had to come back to Bolo to get the rest of the clue.  We have no idea where the other teams are; whether they are ahead or behind the two teams shown.
In one of the previews you can see Aaron climbing the steps at the Lion Rock. I'm not sure when this happens (before or after Kris and Jon).

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2005, 01:08:30 PM »
You always have great analysis, Gingerman. I love the way you pull it all together.

Just to add a little something, I noticed from this vidcap....

...that Aaron also does the Roadblock.

And welcome to the board, mcfad. I do not think that this leg will be non-elimination because of this clue....

...that says that the next eliminated team will be on The Early Show. The week that Hayden/Aaron were saved by the non-elim, there was no mention of an eliminated team being on TES.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2005, 01:35:12 PM »
Someone help me out here. I have been thinking since yesterday, that Hayden and Aaron were safe this episode, and in fact may win this leg because of this vidcap of them after this leg, looking all happy.

If you notice, Hayden is wearing a peach colored shirt, and Aaron is wearing dark gray, just like he is wearing here...

....and here...

But in the taxi shot, Hayden is wearing yellow, like she does here during the Detour...

But during the Detour, Aaron wears blue....

So could the post-leg confessional vidcap be from another earlier leg of the race? And could cBS be trying to fool us with the "happy" pictures, when in fact, Hayden and Aaron are eliminated?

Or could the lighting be bad, and Hayden is actually wearing peach in the taxi shot? Why would Aaron be wearing the same thing, but Hayden something different? This is bugging me, because I don't want to think that we are being deceived.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2005, 02:11:50 PM »
Tanny , I think Haydon has peach on in the taxi , or its just my eyes  )_^>
I dunno about the confessional , Haydon ( ropw walking ) is shown in trouble as Fred & Kendra were shown in trouble last week /F/K has 2  confessional's last week  . I think A/H are safe .

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2005, 05:00:24 PM »
I think that Taxi shot is not from Sri Lanka where they dirve (British style) on the left hand side of the road with driver sitting on the right.  Here it is obvious that that cameraman is sitting on the right so it is a left-hand drive. Most likely from Ethiopia where they do use taxies to get from airport to stadium to airport.  I missed the shot of Aaron on the rock, so we have three teams making the climb: Jon, Lori, and Aaron.  That leaves Rebecca and the crybaby and Freddy and I hate it here missing.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2005, 06:16:12 PM »
Tanbuns,  Look at Hayden's hair in the confessional.  She clearly has washed her hair.  I also think she is safe.

From the clues that all you great detectives have uncovered.  I think the final roadblock consists of one racer climbing up Lion Mountain, search for something using binoculars, then go back down, get their partner, and go to what they searched for.

It looks like the team members not doing the searching are isolated from each other.  Maybe that way that can't easily follow another team like Brandon/Nicole did following Chip/Kim last year in the Phillipines.

If I'm right about climbing the mountain, then Lori must have noticed the missing information before she started her climb since she wasn't out of breath.  So, I think the preview is a red herring and they won't be eliminated.

They leaves Adam/Rebecca and Freddy/Kendra.  I have no facts to make a decision on, so am just guessing that Freddy and Kendra go next.  If it's a footrace, I think that Adam/Rebecca would win.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2005, 06:32:37 PM »
 |#' Pedaler , thanks to our man banzai , we know whos eliminated tonight
Check it out here , if you don't want to know don't look  ^&#

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,4280.0.html

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2005, 09:07:57 PM »
Thanks, Puddin.  I resisted until just now (after the episode).  Don't know why but I hated to see Lori and Bolo go.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2005, 09:29:40 PM »
I know how you feel Pedaler , too bad it wasnt Adam or Kendra  ]*]

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2005, 12:36:45 PM »
Well, I didn't mind Lori and Bolo going! Frankly, I did not LIKE this team at all...dunno why... *(^
but i wasnt sad.....
im glad it wasnt kendra n freddy.... *^?
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2005, 01:27:06 PM »
I cerntainly didn't want Lori/Bolo to win and sometimes they got on my nerves. but i don't know...they were entertaining to watch. I kinda miss them. Hoppefully, Adam/Rebecca will be out next.

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2005, 01:30:56 PM »
Yea, im hoping A+R are out next
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline HaydennAaronFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • *Hayden and Aaron, the #1 team on the race*
    • Hayden!
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2005, 01:03:53 PM »
About the clothes thingy, with Hayden and Aaron, I think sometimes the time isn't accurate and they skip some scences and delete others so maybe they have time to change. Like one time, in one episode, Aaron had pants and then the next scene (right after it) he had shorts. So, I think they won't get eliminated??? *(^
Hayden n Aaron #1 Team on The Amazing Race 6!

Amazing Race 7 Picks:

Megan and Heidi
Ron and Kelly
Rob and Amber
Greg and Brian

Survivor Picks:

Kim and Stephanie (Sorry Jeff , Too bad lose)!!