Author Topic: What an excellent show of singing tonite  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
What an excellent show of singing tonite
« on: April 30, 2003, 01:15:31 AM »
I totally enjoyed tonights American Idol.  It was great having the contestants sing two songs.  They all did well except for Josh and I didn't really care for Kim's either.  I thought that Ruben, Clay and Trenyce did a good job.  I agree with Simon that Clay takes the criticism well and he also listens to their suggestions.  I did notice that Clay didnt sing with his mouth twisted off to the side as much.  Neil Sedaka was definitely impressed with Clay as he mentioned that he would love to produce and write for Clay's album -- WOW. :D

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re:What an excellent show of singing tonite
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 12:38:57 PM »
Totally agree with you Fizzster.  I think that they all did great except for Josh (I never thought he was anything special to begin with - I really think the marine thing brought him much further than he would have gone otherwise).  I am a big fan of Clays but my wife thinks that he over-pronounces all of his words and it drives her crazy.  She likes Ruben (as do I).  I don't think that Kim is as good as the judges make her out to be.  She's not bad, but not at the same level as the rest of them.  I thought that Trenyce did a fabulous job last night - the best I have seen her do.  I like her more and more each week, but I don't think she can beat Clay or Ruben.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 08:12:24 PM »
Hey PapaBear, love the name "Fizzster"hahaha ;D.  Yes, I think Josh is the one to go tonight.  It is a one hour show--wonder what they are doing.  I agree Trenyce did her best last night.  She was my favourite in the beginning and then she wasn't doing well for awhile but now she is back.  I agree that she can't beat Clay or Rooben.  But she will get a contract.  She has the total package and she is very marketable too.

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 09:15:30 PM »
Definitely a great show.  I just watched it again today and absolutely adore Trynece.  That outfit she wore looked fit for a star and when she sang that Tina Turner song I actually got chills.  Unfortunately, I've already seen the results show and am very disheartened at the moment.  But that is for another thread.   :'(
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed