Author Topic: Meet Cast Apprentice 3 Cast  (Read 6771 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Meet Cast Apprentice 3 Cast
« on: December 22, 2004, 06:20:40 PM »
Book Smarts vs. Street Smarts
The battle begins January 20th!

site link~
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Apprentice_3/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 06:26:39 PM by puddin »

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
Re: Meet Cast Apprentice 3 Cast
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 01:48:45 PM »
Thanks, puddin.

Book smart vs. Street smart...this should be good. I am glad it starts in less than a month, but it better be more interesting than last season.  :)ZZZ:)
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 03:58:44 PM »
I agree very boring  :)ZZZ:) . Since neither Rob or I  really don't watch it ..we are looking for someone to volunteer and keep the board up to date with any new Apprentice 3 news  ?  :)_{} We really would appreciate it  (#)

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 01:28:49 PM »
I would love to volunteer, puddin, but if it is boring I am giving up on the show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 12:38:16 PM »
Trump: Apprentice 3 to Add Twists to Game

Monday Dec 27, 2004 8:00am EST
By Stephen M. Silverman
Donald Trump
CREDIT: SARA JAYE/ABACA

Hardly one to let Santa get all of the attention this weekend, Donald Trump revealed more details about what's in store for the new season of The Apprentice, scheduled to kick off on NBC Jan. 20.

As he teased on the second season finale, Trump plans to divide the 18 competitors not by sex, but by levels of education – with those toting college degrees on the Magna team, and those from the school of....
more at link below

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1012079,00.html

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 10:49:12 PM »
Donald can hype all he wants, but if the show is a stinker, it's a stinker. Nothing you can do about it.  :)ZZZ:)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 04:04:07 PM »
Yikes, I forgot Apprentice begins so soon!  I certainly hope it's LOTS better than last season. Sounds like it might be w/ the Book n' Street peeps competing!  I'm already rooting for Streets!  Hope a few of them are likeable &/or possibly even loveable!! B:) B:)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2004, 04:06:59 PM »
I wonder which "MAN" The Donald will choose  :)ZZZ:) ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Not much real on TV's reality shows
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2004, 07:03:07 PM »
I saw this and just had to post it .. :)*

Posted on Wed, Dec. 29, 2004

Not much real on TV's reality shows

I tell people I hate television, yet, turn one on and I'm glued to it. If I'm ever in a restaurant with one on, I zone out of the table conversation and fix on the TV across the room. The hardest part is stomaching most of the programming.

Reality shows are the worst thing to happen to TV. They are 100 percent fake, and have absolutely nothing to do with reality. The only point of the shows is to sell products for the advertisers, show toned bodies, cleavage, people fighting and the proverbial crybaby. That's all.

The reason these shows are not reality is because there are cameras in the participants' faces. They are performing. This has been a criticism of documentary filmmaking from day one. Turn a camera on, and people change.

Donald Trump thinks he's pioneering a new kind of TV with his retarded Apprentice show. Carefully selected participants (whom represent all possible ethnicities) live together while carrying out "business" ideas Trump presents to them. They compete for the highest profits in the business challenges, then someone from the losing team gets fired. The winner of the series gets a job somewhere in the Trump empire while losers get Playboy magazine offers. What drama! What crap!

Again, they waste our time showing people bickering, crying, backstabbing, kissing, touching, flirting and getting drunk. Ya know, real stuff.

The most hilarious aspect of the whole show is Trump himself and his mannequin sidekicks. It seems to be a true Trumpster, one must learn to pucker one's lips and look stern; so we believe this is "real serious business."

I'll let you in on a secret. Contrary to popular belief, Trump really isn't looking for an employee, or an apprentice (he can just put an ad in the paper like everyone else). He's looking to sell ads for his show, leverage the spendy ad buys into more seasons of crappy shows, and get a higher and higher fee for "performing" in the show. That's his goal.

The program is nothing but a commercial for his empire - which is fine - but also commercials for products he likes (or has interest in). In one episode, one team raffled off rental of a car. Guess what car was advertised throughout the show during commercial breaks?

Sometimes we get to see the cast, I mean "participants," have fun at a restaurant, which I assume paid to be featured in the show. Why would we care one bit what restaurant these bozos were at? And, why again, would we care to watch them eat. Oh, it's "reality" TV.

The business challenges Trump puts before them are stupid and insulting to most industries. It's not Donald's fault, he's being directed by market research and sponsorship. One episode the actors had to design clothing, get the designs made, then sell them. In two days. So now anyone can be a fashion designer?

And now the second season of Trump's riveting show has come to a "who gives a crap" ending. In the final three-hour-dark-hole that was the last episode, Donald, the king of business, couldn't even decide which candidate to hire. So he had to poll the studio audience long enough to let sponsors sell pop, jeans, cars, hotels, etc. What kind of worldly executive can't make a hiring decision?

Oh, by the way, I didn't actually "watch" any of Trump's side show; it was on in the other room and I sort of consumed it by osmosis. Somehow, I'm just drawn to stupid TV to see just how much stupider it can get.

Soon, reality shows will start to lose rating points and producers will have to start being more creative. People will get sick of watching stupid people do stupid things. Perhaps they'll have to revert to writing scripts to better control the action so exact situations unfold. Hmmm . . . what a concept.

Troy McQuillen, Aberdeen, owns McQuillen Design, a graphic design agency. He

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can be reached by writing the American News at P.O. Box 4430, Aberdeen, S.D. 57402, or by e-mail at americannews@aberdeennews.com. His column runs occasionally. 

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aberdeennews/news/10520735.htm

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2004, 09:18:17 PM »
Love his signature:

Troy McQuillen, Aberdeen, owns McQuillen Design, a graphic design agency.

Someone is looking for advertising. Maybe he should contact The Donald!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2004, 09:26:32 PM »
 :D omg ..you are funny  chakeeta ..you need a subnic any ideas ?

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2004, 09:46:45 PM »
I don't think the world is ready!  ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 10:48:39 PM »
DONE  :)*

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2004, 02:36:48 AM »
That's cool. Thanks, puddin! If you think of something else, feel free to replace it.