Author Topic: Julie  (Read 33168 times)

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Julie
« on: December 14, 2004, 02:38:47 PM »
I put this on my message board at East2WestSports about Julie.  Enjoy

http://east2westsports.proboards40.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1102983800

O0
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Julie
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 06:43:12 PM »
 (#) thanks Trevor , nice site by the way  ;)  I hope you get that interview with Juile , enquiring minds want to know the real deal about Jules & Jeffy  :)*.

I found a article at TV Guide .com that Julie fans may enjoy ~
Survivor Flasher Flunks Out
by Angel Cohn

Julie Berry

Nice girls do finish last — or in Julie Berry's case, they finish fifth. As the 23-year-old Survivor: Vanuatu castoff learned the hard way, flying under the radar with a friendly 'tude doesn't win the $1 million. Though she made an entertaining splash by sunbathing in the buff, the youth mentor from Maine was betrayed by her pal — and eventual Vanuatu winner — Chris. This was after she tried unsuccessfully to woo him to her side by offering to share her reward. Here, Julie gives TV Guide Online the skin, um, skinny on daring to go bare and Chris's deception.

TVGO: You were this show's quiet peacemaker.
Julie: I've heard that a lot. I'm very diplomatic. I like to try and find the good in people. I don't think it is hard.

TVGO: Even though your tribe mates are hard to get along with?
Julie: They are, but that's what I try to do. There are two sides — you see the game and the personal. I never dealt with Scout in the game, but I had great talks about life and s--t with Scout. She's very eccentric and educated and she's got wisdom. Just taking those creative, dynamic people and putting them together in this crazy context, it is endless knowledge, and you've just got to be open to it. But watching on TV, I got to see more sides of people.

TVGO: Like the bad sides?
Julie: Uh-huh. Actually, the only two people I was surprised about while watching were Chris and Twila. They played harder than I would have given them credit for. Everyone else doesn't surprise me with their comments. But Chris was very calculating and very clever, and Twila is always dipping her hands in things because she is nervous.

TVGO: Were you surprised Chris voted you off?
Julie: Surprised is not the word. Bummed. Are you kidding? I wish it could have been as simple as our friendship [making] him keep me, but I can't expect that, it was $1 million.

TVGO: He cast that vote right after you took him on an amazing trip up the side of an active volcano.
Julie: I know! I fed him and wined and dined him, and then he showed me the door. Isn't that what a lot of women go through? He played me; he played me hard. And he played the friendship card, which hurt me more than anything.

TVGO: You spent time with both the male and female tribes. Which did you like better?
Julie: I don't know if I want to be gender-biased, but there was a different energy in the men's camp. They are funny. I'm not intimidated by men. I can just relax and shoot the s--t with Sarge, Chris had great stories and Chad is hilarious. But after we all merged and Ami and Leann came back, it was a breath of fresh air. I had a really lonely day [on the Lopevi tribe] and I remember thinking, "I have only Twila to play with all day. God, I'm going to kill myself, I'm so bored." I was becoming boring because she was boring. Twila is good when it comes to the game aspect, but I couldn't click with her to save my life. I tried. We'd talk, but it wasn't fulfilling me at all.

TVGO: Your nude sunbathing shocked folks. Any regrets?
Julie: The bottomless bathing. It wasn't the front. It was just my buns. 88))

TVGO: You also convinced Sarge to do it.
Julie: And Twila! They'd better get the same grilling that I'm getting about it.

TVGO: Lastly, is Eliza's constant chatting as annoying as it seems?
Julie: The thing about Eliza is that she morphed throughout the show and became adorable. At the beginning you'd be like, "Shut up, Eliza!" We'd tell her, "Eliza, you are wearing people thin here." But it is just her and she kind of did [learn to] control herself.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 07:11:46 PM »
If Jules and Jeff Probst hooked up it would be like when Chris Rock was making fun of the Jermaine Dupri-Janet Jackson hook up.  I think his exact words were, "IF JERMAINE HOOKED UP WITH HER, THEN WE ALL HAD A SHOT."  I would feel that exact same way if I heard about a Jules-Jeffy relationship. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 12:56:47 PM by Trevor »
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

surviordude_JT

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 08:49:57 PM »
 :()()

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 11:44:06 PM »
If Jules and Jeff Probst hooked up it would be like when Chris Rock was making fun the Jermaine Dupri-Janet Jackson hook up.  I think his exact words were, "IF JERMAINE HOOKED UP WITH HER, THEN WE ALL HAD A SHOT."  I would feel that exact same way if I heard about a Jules-Jeffy relationship. 
  :()()  :()()  oh too funny Trevor  ..

:D Hey I think Jeffy lives in Ca. ??

Gorham woman is California-bound after reality show
Berry, 23, won´t say how much money she won on the show, but it´s apparently enough to allow her to move to California and not work for a while

http://news.mainetoday.com/apwire/D86TK95G2-345.shtml

eta: article & pic thanks to Garbotalks @ Sucks
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 12:23:08 PM by puddin »

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 03:27:02 AM »
Great picture, puddin. Looks like the flirting worked!

I wonder how much she did win? Does anyone know the breakdown on the pay outs?

Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Jeff Probst Admits to Survivor Romance
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 07:37:53 PM »
Found an article at Survivor Fever  **:)**
http://www.survivorfever.net/jeffprobst_julie_berry_people_magazine.html

People Magazine 12.15.05

Jeff Probst has had many adventures as host of Survivor, such as hacking out of the Vanuatu brush, skydiving over the California desert and zooming into this season's finale on a big hog (motorcycle, that is). So who knew the biggest adventure for Probst would be embracing a new love?

Probst, 43, and Survivor: Vanuatu's fifth finalist, Julie Berry, who turned 24 Wednesday, are a couple.

"Nobody is more surprised than me that I could find my love affair on a show that I host," Probst tells PEOPLE, "but the truth is when something like this gets dropped in your lap, you don't look at how it's wrapped, you don't look at how it's being delivered. You just put your arms around it and you hold on because this is my love affair and there's no question in my mind about it." :)()

Rumors of a relationship started among viewers who noticed Berry sporting a dabbed-on heart tattoo with "Jeff" scrawled on it during one episode. "That was just harmless fun," Berry told the Portland Press Herald.

Probst concurs. "The funny thing was there was this perception we were flirting on the show," he says, "and that was actually just fun stuff on the show. I didn't really talk to Julie until long after the show was over."

After production on Vanuatu wrapped over the summer, Probst says he e-mailed Berry just to say hello. "Once we started spending some time together, I didn't have any doubt. I didn't have any doubt and all the questions about how you meet and any potential obstacles, they fade away like an old dry leaf."

Happily, Probst adds, "I'm in love. I'm with her. I'm with her family, and there ain't no turning back. When you find it, you know and now I get it. The funniest thing is people used to always say, 'you'll know,' and I'd think, 'Oh, shut it! Let me tell ya, I've been around long enough, I don't know.' And then suddenly one day, I knew. Now I am one of those irritating people that is now saying, 'you'll know.'"

Berry, a youth mentor from Gorham, Maine, is moving to California to pursue her master's degree in family counseling. Probst is in Los Angeles, having returned from shooting the 10th season of the series, Survivor: Palau.

Probst was married to psychotherapist Shelley Wright from 1996 until 2001.

surviordude_JT

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 09:56:09 PM »
Good for him :)()

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 04:04:42 AM »
Wow, I did not know Jeff was 43! He looks good for an old man!  ;D He was very confident in how he professed his love. Maybe he will get a Julie tattoo.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 10:48:03 AM »
Hahahaha!!!

Like I said, WE ALL HAD A SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for Jeff.  He is now the guy that won the big pot holding nothing but a pair of face cards.

BTW, puddin I'm going to borrow this research.  This is unbelievable.  I may have to write an article on this.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 02:06:26 PM by Trevor »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 11:27:32 AM »
He looks good for an old man! ;D 
43 isn't an old man chakeeta :()()
. Maybe he will get a Julie tattoo. 
:)* Maybe so?
BTW, puddin I'm going to borrow this research.  This is unbelievable.  I may have to write an article on this.

Please do Trevor  **:)** , I'm looking forward to the article if you choose to write it  :)_{}

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004, 01:08:19 PM »
43 isn't an old man chakeeta 

It's all relative, puddin.

Offline drumstyx47

• RFF Full Member
  • Emilio says: Go check out Survivor: Second Chance!
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 05:35:57 PM »
think this new love of his has anything to do with the rumors that survivor 11 or 12 will be his last season? there was a rumor that survivor broke up his first marraige cuz he was away too much.
"I stick around until they start talking about gay stuff or Jesus stuff, then i just walk away" -Rudy, on Tagi's group discussions

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2004, 05:56:32 PM »
Or maybe being that he's 43yrs old MB doesnt want to spend all his money on building handicap ramps for the poor ole Jeffy  :()()

Offline drumstyx47

• RFF Full Member
  • Emilio says: Go check out Survivor: Second Chance!
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2004, 05:57:34 PM »
 :()()  LOL YOU ARE AWFUL!!!!   :()()
"I stick around until they start talking about gay stuff or Jesus stuff, then i just walk away" -Rudy, on Tagi's group discussions

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2004, 06:24:52 PM »
 :)*

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2004, 05:55:35 AM »
I don't think Jeff will leave. What else would he do?

Riverrat

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2004, 09:48:22 AM »
He probably could do a lot of other things but he said last year that he was riding this baby until it crashed and burned. I expect MB would not only not get rid of Jeffy but would beg on bended knee and pay through the nose to keep him. Like so many other shows, it would go down the tubes without Jeff. In fact I read in that same interview that MB has really turned the show over to Jeff while his interests goes off in another direction.

Interesting that he is attracted to psychologist type people. Maybe he need a lover, friend, and someone to tell his troubles to.

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 04:31:30 AM »
he's 19 years older than Julie what the hell doe she see in him?
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 05:43:02 AM »
Got me!  :\/

Riverrat

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 07:12:56 AM »
DO WHAT!!!!!  Well come here Cecil and let me tell you about it. Come closer!

Jeffy is HOT, doesn't look that much older, has his feet already firmly planted and making huge $$$$. On top of that, he probably knows what women like ( you know-wink wink) more than most guys her age would understand until they get there. They are age wise sexualy compatible. Men hit their peak at about 20 while women wait until fourty. Soooooo right now who could ask for anything more. When Julie gets forty she will be looking for a twenty year old.  :()()

That's probably more than you wanted to know, huh?

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 03:18:11 PM »
Yes it is but I still don't understand it.  except for the rich part Julie could do soooooooooo much better.  me for example. lol
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2004, 06:39:08 PM »
What River said .. *()* Jeffy is HOT ..there's a picture of Jeffy naked on the internet ..google *hint hint *, and he's nude *faint thud* wowsers ..he looks mighty fine to me  ;;)

Cecil ..*flirt * I'd love to see your picture someday grrrrrr  ... ;;)

Riverrat

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2004, 07:47:01 PM »
A picture of Jeffy naked?? Nope, i'm not that kind of gal to look at naked pics. ummmmm i'll be back later. I gotta go--umm, bake a cake. Yeah that's it. uhhhhh what did you put in the search puddin. Just curious in case any one asks me.  :)X

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2004, 07:58:17 PM »
 River !!  :()() You naughty girl ..hint hint google images (safe search off) survivor :)X shhhhh