Archive > Survivor 9: Vanuatu

Really, What Doomed "Woman Power?"

<< < (2/2)

Cecil:
I think Women power was doomed once they decided to vote Eliza out before Chris.  As soon as that happened it meant the womens aliance was broken up and everything was fair game.

Riverrat:
Maybe even before that when Ami insisted that Lisa be voted off instead of Rory.  ?:)?

Cecil:
Yeah I think you may be right there. 

amikino:
Jeff Probst always says that if you study John Nash and his game theory, particularly the game Hex, you can win at Survivor. 

--- Quote ---The main purpose of game theory is to consider situations where instead of agents making decisions as reactions to exogenous prices ("dead variables"), their decisions are strategic reactions to other agents actions ("live variables"). An agent is faced with a set of moves he can play and will form a strategy, a best response to his environment, which he will play by. Strategies can be either "pure" (i.e. play a particular move) or "mixed" (random play). A " Nash Equilibrium" will be reached when each agent's actions begets a reaction by all the other agents which, in turn, begets the same initial action. In other words, the best responses of all players are in accordance with each other.
--- End quote ---

Nash proved mathematically that this always occurs and that there is only one winner.  So, even if you decide to band together as "females" vs "males", you are doomed to fail as equilibrium is reached. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version