3 (21.4%)
No tribes ?
1 (7.1%)
Men Vs Women ?
0 (0%)
Old vs Young ?
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: 20 NEW Contestants!!  (Read 15928 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: 20 NEW Contestants!!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2005, 12:19:29 AM »
 ?:) ?:)? :)*

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2005, 12:21:56 AM »
 ^:)^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2005, 12:47:20 AM »
your so silly tonight ..is there a Full Moon   88)) ?

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2005, 12:50:59 AM »
Only if you count my husband's hairy a@# earlier!

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2005, 01:00:10 AM »
I have my days, ya'know. Plus, it IS almost 2 am here....so....I am going to leave you with one last parting image.... 88))

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2005, 05:08:21 AM »
OMG! The 20th survivor was revealed.

It is Rupert!
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2005, 09:51:54 PM »
Somehow I don't think so, although you never know with MB!

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2005, 05:16:29 PM »
Rats! It wasn't Rupert.

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2005, 11:04:51 PM »
No, not Rupert.  See, this is Probst's last season as host. He's going to be married to Julie and she doesn't allow him to go away for that long anymore unless she goes too.  So, starting with the fall season, Rupert will be the new host! We all know how much America loves him. Plus, no danger of any of the contestants dating HIM! :)

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2005, 12:50:57 AM »
Unless it's Twila! ASS 2 here we come!!!!!!

:()() :()() :()()

Offline carom3d

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2005, 05:58:37 PM »

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2005, 12:57:11 AM »
I thought Twila ranaway with Scout!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2005, 04:12:30 PM »
Welcome to he forum carom3d .. :D :)_{}

Welcome carom3d !!  **:)**

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2005, 11:28:57 PM »
What if it was on ebig tribe and each week you drew straws (or buffs) or whatever to decide on which team you would compete, and the losing "tribe for a day" got to vote someone off? Good idea, you'd have new dynamics all of the time, and alliances would be difficult because your partners may be on the other tribe that day.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2005, 12:00:11 PM »
Irelen, that is an excellent idea.  I was, myself, thinking along those lines.  Mark Burnett needs to shake this game up because the alliances are KILLING it....too much pagonging, etc.  It's time a concept like this was put into play. 
Let's keep our fingers crossed :)_|
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2005, 01:22:45 PM »
Pagonging is part of the game is it not???? along with making aliances????   While I kinda like the idea of one big tribe, i dont know about some random buff picking.  The essential parts of the game are they people skills.  While you can try to just win every challege, or to be the nice ethical person thats not gonna work most of the time and face it backstabbing is great.
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2005, 01:59:20 PM »
Agreed, alliances & Pagonging are all parts of the game (ever since Rich initiated them in S1), but now we have all these nincompoops pagonging perfectly adept players for their good looks, age & strength alone.  Ever since the weaker members voted off Hunter in Marquesas, things have been going downhill.  Backstabbing is great, but only if the person being backstabbed deserves it.
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2005, 03:26:47 PM »
I dont think players that get pagonged are very adept, they obviously didnt make the moves needed to win. Sometimes you have to get through the first days and not stand out like a physical threat like Ethan or Colby, or if you have to play anyone but me like Sandra and Chris.  You have to make the moves that are necessary to win, and even then you can get blindsided, its a mind/poker/chess match that is far and away the best game around.
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2005, 12:26:05 AM »
The problem is that this is a game that was made for entertainment. How entertaining is it when Sandra wins? I mean,. I liked her on the show, but come on, she wasn't real entertaining, not like Rupert. Yes, I know, but come on, who DOESN'T remember him on the opening show saying he was a pirate and stealing the other tribe's shoes! THAT is what makes a good season, not UTR players. Switching the tribs up everythree days would make for good ratings as there would constantly be the same type of scrambling that we saw Chris do this season. A victory in that type of set-up would be a much harder one, and infinitely more interesting. A pagoning isn't good tv.

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2005, 03:28:41 AM »
Sandra not interesting? irelen, you must not have watched the same show I did. First of all, what about when Sandra took T to listen to the boys plotting.  :()() I still don't understand how they were not caught. Then, I loved the fact that she didn't take any of Jon's crap. I think she was the only one at the loved ones reward that wasn't buying into his story. Everyone else practically threw in the towel. And how about the best acting job I have ever seen? Yes, I am talking about when Sandra decided to avenge Rupert's early dismissal.  :()() She tossed his fish and blamed it on Jon!

Now I am not one to take anything away from Rupert, but you have to be willing to give Sandra her props.

Riverrat

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2005, 09:38:55 AM »
I don't know how it could work but, maybe it will be every man for himself. The person that comes in dead last goes home regardless. Maybe like baseball. Three strikes and your gone. Of course it may take a year to play that way. Not only that but TC is one of the most entertaining parts of the show. I just don't like to see people voted off because they are strong, weak, pretty or ugly. Usually that leaves us watching the weak vs one strong.

IS IT FEB. YET!!!!!!!

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2005, 07:42:28 PM »
If it is every man for himself then it cant be looser goes home because you would eliminate a lot of the mental part of the competition and litterally all the "relationship" building if your gonna do that make it one episode and call it Fear Factor.  Probst said they would change the everything know about then game, but the thing is you cant really change the core of the game, that goes for everygame not just survivor. 

As for Sandra I thought she was briliant, a. the anybody but me strategy is a great stragedy at times of the game ( it worked for Chris when he needed it).  She also stirred it up when she needed to (throwing away the fish).  That is two key points where she put her self in position to win the game.  Nevermind if Burton was smart and would have taken Lil after winning the car instead of JFP the Sandra would have never got Darrah and Lil on her side.  The JFP, Burton, and Lil would have been final 3 JFP would have defianly got the win, making him the best player ever, cause lets face it who could actually bring theirselves to vote for an outcast???? Lil didnt deserve 2nd.

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2005, 11:34:16 PM »
Ok, I see your points about Sandra. Bad example. Ok, Amber Brikich (sp). She was hardly on ASS and she WON! Yet, Rob was the one sho undoubtedly SHOULD have won, but she certainly didn't garner any extra ratings.

Riverrat

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2005, 07:35:13 AM »
I think Sandra was ( so much a little mother) or what ever it was Jeff called her, that you couldn't not like her but she really didn't do much. So UNinteresting that she was interesting? She wouldn't take any crap from anyone for sure. Only person to win without ever winnibg a challenge. 

I think Lil worked hard and since they brought them back like that, she deserved to win or get second. IMO which isn't woth anything to anyone but me, JFP was the worst person and I really think I would have stopped watching Survivor had he won. Lil should have carried his sorry ass to final two since they didn't have the sense to vote him off before. Sandras friend, the blonde girl, took the heat for throwing away the fish. Dang I can't remember her name.

Anyway, yep you have to keep the core of the game but, something needs to change. It was pretty boring last season because for the most part there was nothing to spoil except the couple of weeks towards the end. Pagonging is getting tiring to watch. I like the idea of switching buffs or teams randomly or something to make them not know who they will be up against the next day.

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2005, 09:04:54 AM »
As for Amber yea she pretty much did nothing, but if you have watched the ASS DVD's youll see that other then scaring and convincing people that they need him and Amber,  Rob didn't do much for the last 2 weeks (Rob's toothache).  Besides that was the game that Amber choose to play, a very effective game of sit under Rob's wing.  Others have played this strategy Amber just got it to work.  The thing is different players have different strategies. Some people are very take charge, others are less of a leader so stepping back is there role, then you have people who have all the skills to manipulate and control people and choose not to show that until they feel it is the time.

You can't deny JFP's pregame strategy and planning, or the fact that he played the game harder then anyone that season.  He schemed, plotted, lied, and flip floped when needed.  He came into Survivor doing everything in his power to win Survivor.