Author Topic: FINAL FOUR SET: JULIE OUT ~ CBS recap  (Read 3536 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
FINAL FOUR SET: JULIE OUT ~ CBS recap
« on: December 09, 2004, 11:28:38 PM »
FINAL FOUR SET: JULIE OUT
After serious waffling and flip-flopping, Chris Daugherty, the 34-year-old highway construction worker from South Vienna, Ohio, finally made up his mind, going back on his word and using his swing vote to eliminate Julie Berry, the 23-year-old youth mentor from Gorham, Maine. After telling both Twila Tanner, the 41-year-old highway repair worker from Marshall, Missouri, and Julie that he wasn't going to write down their names, Chris had to make a decision about which woman he was going to deceive. It turned out to be Julie, who was sent packing in a three-to-two decision.

Shortly after the fateful decision, Julie remarked, "Little bit of surprise. Chris was my crutch today, and he told me a hundred percent that he was going to vote for Twila. I don't know if he changed at the minute. I'm curious."

"ON MY SON'S NAME"
After returning from Tribal Council in which Eliza Orlins, the 21-year-old pre-law student from Syracuse, New York, brought up Twila's broken promise that she had made on her son's name, Twila made it clear that she was furious at being constantly reminded of the deception. As Twila barked at the group, "You just keep rubbing salt in the wound. The only one I want to worry about it with is my son when I go home. I'm tired of hearing about it, period!"

CHOPPING BLOCK JULIE
Knowing she was on the chopping block, Julie took a chance to exploit the rift between Eliza and Twila in order to stay in the game. After Julie lobbied Eliza to keep her in the tribe and vote out Twila, Eliza made it known that she would consider it if Chris was on board. "Sometimes when it's in your best interest to abandon an alliance, you have to do that to get yourself further in the game," noted Eliza. Knowing her fate was clearly in Chris' hands, Julie just needed to find the right time to push her agenda on him.

REWARD CHALLENGE: REDEMPTION
As the tribe convened for the Reward Challenge, host Jeff Probst revealed that this Challenge involved redemption, because the Castaways get a second chance to compete in specific events. First, all five players must participate in the mud crawl, with the first four finishers advancing to the next round. The second round is a reprisal of the pigpen Challenge, in which the Survivors must catch a muddy pig and place it in a pen; the first three to do so move on. The third round involves a large tiki puzzle, eliminating one more. The final round is a race over an elevated balance beam, followed by a shooting range task. The first to use a slingshot to break three ceramic tiles would be the winner. The overnight Reward: a horseback trek to active Vanuatu volcano Mount Yasur, complete with a picnic of hot dogs, hot chocolate and beer.

The Challenge got off to a dirty start as all five Castaways got on their knees and raced through the mud crawl. Having trouble with the physical nature of the Challenge, Scout Cloud Lee, the 59-year-old rancher from Stillwater, Oklahoma, simply couldn't keep up and was eliminated.

The four remaining Survivors next went after pigs in a muddy pen. Having trouble getting a pig the first time around, Eliza developed a case of déjà-vu as she once again could not grasp the muddy pig in time to avoid losing.

The final three then took to the tiki puzzle. Working diligently, Chris finished his puzzle first, but overlooked a piece on the ground. This fatal mistake caused Chris to start over, which cost him the Challenge.

After three rounds, Julie and Twila got on their marks in order to secure the Reward. After quickly navigating the balance beam, Julie jumped out to a lead. Closing in on Julie, Twila fell hard and hurt herself as Julie picked up the slingshot and took aim. Methodically breaking all three ceramic tiles in a row, Julie finally took a breath and smiled as she won the Reward. And in a strategic move, Julie chose Chris as her companion in hopes of using the time to convince him to break the Alinta alliance.

TREK TO MOUNT YASUR
After a scenic horseback mountain trek, Julie and Chris were thrilled to find a hut filled with hot dogs and beer waiting for them. While enjoying the feast, Julie explained to Chris that Eliza had put the decision about whether or not they were going to break away from Twila and Scout in his hands.

Chris speculated about why Julie had chosen him, saying, "It didn't surprise me that she picked me. She wants to go further in the game, and she knows her name's coming up for elimination."

FRICTION AT ALINTA
Hungry back at camp, Eliza wanted to eat bananas, but didn't know where Twila had buried them. Rationing for later, Twila refused to tell Eliza their whereabouts, which caused an argument. Scout teamed up with Twila, alienating Eliza to the point of frustration. "It's just gotten to a point where we cannot hold back anymore," Eliza complained. "Especially Twila. She's just so childish and immature."

NOTHING HAS CHANGED
After a night of witnessing nature's fireworks in the form of an active volcano, Chris and Julie returned to camp. Immediately upon his return, Chris needed to reassure Scout and Twila that their alliance was still intact. Angry with Twila, Eliza pulled Chris aside in another effort to convince him to recruit Julie into their pact and vote out Twila. "I don't trust Scout, I don't trust Twila, I don't trust Eliza and I don't trust Julie. And they don't trust each other. And the most screwed up thing about it is, I think they all trust me." marveled Chris.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: WARRIOR
When the tribe converged for the Challenge, Jeff Probst explained that this competition involved memory and speed. Jeff will tell the Survivors a story about Roy Mata, a legendary Vanuatu chief. After the story, the players must race to a series of different stations, where they must answer questions about the story. For every correct answer, they receive a white pig tusk to attach to their necklace on a post at the starting point. The first player to return to the necklace post with all their pig tusks wins Immunity.

After Jeff finished the story, the Survivors rushed to their first station. As the race went on, most of the Survivors had no trouble answering the questions correctly; it was more an issue of speed and puzzle assembly. With Scout and Twila trailing, Julie and Eliza found themselves deadlocked in a tie with four tusks each.

After Eliza answered a question concerning why the men of Vanuatu drank kava before being buried alive, she ran her fifth tusk to the finishing station and claimed her first Immunity.

SWING VOTE CHRIS
After returning to camp from the Challenge, Chris found himself in a power position. Chris could either band with Eliza and Julie to vote out Twila, or stay with his Twila-Scout alliance to vote out Julie. After painful deliberation, Chris made his decision. Further confusing the matter, he told both Twila and Julie that he had decided to vote the other off. "Chris approaches me and says he's going to straight up vote for Twila," Julie mused. "I hope he keeps me around; that's all I can do,"

In the end, Julie's hopes dissolved as Chris went back on his word and wrote down her name. With the three-to-two decision, Julie became fourteenth voted out of SURVIVOR: VANUATU. She will be the fifth Survivor to serve on the Jury that will ultimately decide who wins the title Sole Survivor and takes home the million-dollar prize. Be sure to tune in this Sunday, December 12 at 8PM ET/PT for the exciting two-hour season finale, followed by the SURVIVOR: VANUATU, ISLANDS OF FIRE REUNION at 10PM ET/PT, only on CBS.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: FINAL FOUR SET: JULIE OUT ~ CBS recap
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 09:02:07 AM »
I don't think anyone wanted to see Julie go home.

Chris made the smart decision in terms of the game.  Julie could have challenged for jury votes.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 11:54:48 AM »
 :':') I knew she was going because of the spoilers Trevor but, I was really hoping for something to change .
Why oh why did Chris lie ? He would have been better off if he makes the final two to have at have  least told Julie  the truth . Whats he going to do now? Scout & Twila are tight ,I always thought that he wanted to take Eliza to the final three but, after last night I see it ..if he has a choice she is toast . Eliza trusts no one now ..if I were her I would get Twila & Scout on my side and get rid of Chris , although she loathes Twila , so  who knows what Eliza is thinking?
Eliza is better at the immunity challenges then they are and we know that she could surely win an endurance challenge against Scout . IMO ,  Eliza would win hands down against Twila or Scout at the jury .I want to see Eliza go on an immunity run and win it all  *()* Scout quote "Vengeane is mine sayeth the jury?"

F2 Eliza/Scout?? it just maybe  :D

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 03:49:11 PM »
In terms of popularity with the jury it goes Chris, Eliza, Scout, Twila.

I think Eliza needs to win immunity on Sunday or else she will be the first one gone.  Chris almost tipped his hand when he said we're in the Final Four with a 60 year old and Twila.  Chris wants to be against that pairing in the Final Three.  He wants no part of Eliza.  I think if Eliza loses immunity she'll lose a 3-1 vote.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

surviordude_JT

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 05:20:50 PM »
I didnt want Julie to goooooo...... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( waaaaaaaaa

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 07:27:14 PM »
A few observations on Julie -

I'm saying right now that Julie is the ONLY Survivor contestant EVER to look better at snuffage than on the original episode.  It looked like she was wearing make-up.

In a few of her comments during her last episode, she rolled out some of her youth mentoring lingo.  For me, it worked well.  I'm thinking it was a comment about Twila, or maybe Elisa.  (Well, DUH.  It wouldn't have been about Scout!)

Her final comments came across to me as calm and understanding.  I guess that was disbelief and shock about Chris' vote.

I think she'll vote for Chris if he's up against Twila or Scout.  She'd probably do the same in a Chris/Elisa finale.  Her bond with Chris was shown a few times (enough to maybe explain her vote) but not highlighted (so as not to telegraph it), I'm guessing.

surviordude_JT

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 08:23:58 PM »
How did eliza curl her hair for the past 2 TC's