Poll

Real Life Survivor--Vacation Destination or not??

Excellent idea!!  Can I tag along?
Good idea, but take the boys & leave the wife & kid at home.
In scouts, we called that camping.
You call that a fun vacation? No Way!

Author Topic: Real Life Survivor  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Doobie

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Real Life Survivor
« on: December 03, 2004, 12:13:53 AM »
This year instead of going on a typical family vacation (to Disneyland, NYC, or to some other popular vacation destination) I am considering taking my wife, my 13 year old son, and myself on a little adventure I've decided to call "real life survivor".  We enjoy watching the show as a family and I thought it might be fun to "experience" our favorite TV show in real life, a tribute so to speak.  I have found several campground type places across the country that offer wilderness/survival treks ranging from a few hours to a couple weeks. During that course of time you are taught various wilderness survival techniques and, with the help of your guide/instructor survive completely off the land (with your survival kit of course). If all else fails, most of the places I'm considering are close enough to urban areas that my wife and son could shop, get a facial, go to the movies, and what not, while I enjoy the wilderness and hone my new skills.   My wife and son are a little iffy on the whole idea and I suppose you could say I'm looking for a second opinion...let me know, what do y'all think... ?:)?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Real Life Survivor
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 01:48:17 AM »
Doobie, first off, I'd like to say Welcome Aboard!  Nice that you jumped right in to start posting! :)()
And, your topic is most appropriate! 

:)_| I love your survivor adventure idea, but as far as taking your wife and son...it would definitely be good to have another option for them as you mentioned...movies, facial etc. especially if they are iffy about a REAL survivor experience. 

My ex hubby and our 7 children + 1 poodle pup went camping a lot...the old fashioned way...tents...no camper.  One day, my ex decided to take us on a hike up the mountain from camp.  We kept going & going and I kept thinking...we're gonna stop purdy soon to eat...then head back down.  Not! He had other ideas!  As it turned out, we ended up spending the night...a very rough one.  The guys took turns keeping the campfire going during the night. It was purdy chilly.  Next morning, we snaked a little on a few crackers & peanut butter.  Had just a bit of water left. We went fishing.  Caught a few fish, but had no pan or grease to fry them!!  Well, the whole point of this story is that we weren't very well prepared, but it was a valuable learning experience as we learned we could survive on next to nothing if we had to for that short time.  I was kinda perturbed |:( at the time, but it did make me appreciate CAMP where we had coolers full of food and  ^:)^ tents etc! Some of the kids wined & complained during our little trip up the hill...but to this day, they look back & LOL  :)* :)* about it!   :()()

Good Luck!
Ruday  ;D

« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 01:52:10 AM by RudyRules »

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 06:21:42 PM »
Welcome Doobie!
I agree with Ruday! It wouldn't really be a vacation for your wife and son if they weren't going to enjoy it. Heck, I'll go with you. I love camping!

:()() Ruday, I loved your story.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 08:13:47 PM »
 :)*  Chakeeta & Ruday ..your too funny  :()()
Hey ,count me in Doobie , I'll tag along with you & chakeeta , can I take my hairdryer  **:)**

Anyway...Welcome to the forum Doobie..I hope that you stick around with us.. :)_{}

^:)^  Welcome Doobie  (#)

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 12:31:26 PM »
 :()() Hairdryer?  :()() Is it cordless?
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 07:17:32 PM »
 8-)'

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 12:11:18 AM »
Ruday, I loved your story.
Awww geee chakeeta...thanks!  :)_{}
Heck yah doobie...chakeeta, puddin n' me tag along wit ya...just make sure there's a laptop, micorwave, hairdryer, portable shower,  B:) B:) B:) B:) B:)
 :()() :()()

Ruday ^:)^