Author Topic: Leann Slaby Sent Home on 'Survivor'  (Read 8137 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Leann Slaby Sent Home on 'Survivor'
« on: November 29, 2004, 10:21:33 PM »

Leann Slaby Sent Home on 'Survivor'

Fri Nov 26, 1:44 PM ET   Television - AP

NEW YORK - The fiery female alliance on CBS' "Survivor: Vanuatu — Islands of Fire" flickered Thursday, sending research assistant Leann Slaby off the island.

"I got blindsided," Slaby told The Associated Press of her surprising dismissal. "My brain was kind of frozen at the moment. It took me awhile to get the wheels running."

Sparked by Twila Tanner, lone male player Chris Daugherty created a voting bloc with unpopular player Eliza Orlins, Scout Cloud Lee and Tanner to vote Slaby, a critical member of the all-female alliance, out of the game and into the jury.

"I trusted Twila from day one," Slaby said Friday. "Twila and I stuck together even when the tribes split and when we got back together. But Twila mixed it up. I'm not sure what her motivation was unless she just lost trust in us. Twila always played the game very paranoid, which maybe is a good thing."

Early in the gender-divided game, Slaby also aligned herself with Ami Cusack, a player whom many "Survivor" castoffs have called the mastermind behind the all-female alliance, which sent four men out of the game.

"The fact of the matter was this game was split by sex from the very beginning," Slaby said.

Cusack, who won immunity, was unable to be voted off by the new alliance.

"Ami and I thought we had it all wrapped," Slaby told the AP. "I guess I was too confident."  

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041126/ap_en_tv/tv_survivor_1

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Leann Slaby Sent Home on 'Survivor'
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 09:51:12 AM »
LeAnn was on the Tony Danza show ( she put some weight on , looks good)
From what I heard ~
LeAnn :everything went wrong , twila turned on me , if ami didnt win IC I honestly think that she would be sitting here . ami is playing it honest ,I mean  we put her out there ,<shrug>  and shes getting all the hits now .
Tony: you are on the jury now  who would you vote for ..
LeAnn ..it depends on who the final two are <shrug> I defintley have some opinions on that ..

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 11:04:57 AM »
does not sound like Twilla would get her vote

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 02:21:50 AM »
Has Tony Danza had all the cast-offs on? I wish I would have know.

?:)? ...wonder what her opinions are? If Twila does make F2, I am going to love to how she argues her case. Why did she speech so much about Ami, is she next or does she go all the way? ?:)? Hurry up Thursday, I need some answers!
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 01:45:29 PM »
I'm usually  sleeping when Tony's show is on and I happened to catch it yesterday so I really don't know if he always has the booted castaway off , anyway I think that LeAnn made a lot of slips about Ami and she is next to be booted . It was sorta interesting what LeAnn had to say about Twila ..sounds like maybe they didn't spend time together at losers lodge or they are not on speaking terms  ?:)?

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 03:26:32 PM »
It was sorta interesting what LeAnn had to say about Twila ..sounds like maybe they didn't spend time together at losers lodge or they are not on speaking terms

puddin, are you referring to after being voted off and waiting for the final TC or after the show? Because, I heard Sarge in an interview say that the jury members are not allowed to see or talk to each other and once they are done filming, no one can talk to anyone until the live finale.  :\/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »
I always thought they spent the time together at LL  ? Ahh another job ..let me put my Dick Tracy hat on ..brb

I don't know where the rules are or anything but , yes..I believe they do spend there time together . This is probably where Twila & Sarge make babies together  :)*

Owned by members of the semi-nomadic Laikipiak Masai tribe, this six-banda (bungalow) open-plan lodge, which sleeps up to 12 people, sits inside the tribe's 60,000-acre ranch, giving you access to lands that run from the Mokogodo Escarpment across massive plains to the Ngare Ndare River, along which gazelle and buffalo roam. The Laikipiak are renowned for their hospitality—the losers of Survivor Africa were sent here to lick their wounds—and their guest lodge has a laid-back, all-natural vibe: thatch roofs, wood floors, hand-carved furniture, paraffin hot-water heaters, and half walls in the bedrooms, which are designed to let cool breezes in without impeding the views of Lolokwe Mountain.  
http://outside.away.com/outside/destinations/200303/200303_resort_virtue_8.html
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 08:28:15 PM by puddin »

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 09:04:18 PM »
yes..I believe they do spend there time together . This is probably where Twila & Sarge make babies together  :)*

Yep, all that's missing is a cigarette...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 11:02:49 PM »
My eyes  Me eyes ! I just had a visual and went Blind   ?:)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 11:24:29 PM »
More of LeAnns appearance on Tony Danza's show from Survivor Fever~

Highlights of Leann Slaby's Guest Appearance on The Tony Danza Show

<clip of Leann being voted off>

Tony:  I've never saw guys happier. <referring to Sarge and Chad's reactions after Leann was voted off at Tribal Council>
Leann:  Oh, I know!
Tony:  Did you see them?  They were like so happy that the women's alliance had broken down.
Leann:  Yeah, that's just not right.

Tony:  Now, how come you?
Leann:  Well, okay, first of all everything just went wrong. It was not supposed to happen that way.  Twila turned on me.  But I honestly believe that if Ami hadn't gotten immunity, she would be sitting here.  So she's got some fancy footwork to do I think.
Tony:  So what is the deal with her?  What is with Ami.  If you're watching the show, Ami is like this... uhhh...
Leann:  She's getting a bad rap.
Tony:  Well she's earning it.  She's coming by it honestly.
Leann:  But you know what, she is playing honestly.  She's very upfront.  She's very vocal.  And although it may look like she's this big mastermind, every decision that has been made has been a group consensus.  We just kind of put her out there.  She took the role and she's getting all the hits now.
Tony:  What about Chris.  This is the guy who in the first episode, couldn't do the challenge.  He kept falling off the thing and the women won that first one, that set the stage for all of this.  He's still there.
Leann:  I know <grimaces>
Tony:  Did you see him, he looked like the Cheshire cat. 
Leann:  I know and Twila and Scout were complaining that Ami and I were smug and now all of a sudden there's a whole bunch of smug people, and they're going "uh, huh".
Tony:  Now you're going to be on the jury in the end, right?
Leann:  Yeah, right. 
Tony:  Does this, this must cloud...change the way you're going to look at it...am I right?
Leann:  Well it depends on who ends up in the Final 2 but I definitely have some opinions about people.
Tony:  Well listen, we're glad you're here, congratulations on making it as far as you did.  You'd do it again, right?
Leann:  I'd do it and correct my mistakes.

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 12:18:37 PM »
I hate when the jury members act they don't know who is in the F2. It is sooo silly. It is not like the show takes place in real time.
Thanks for posting that puddin. Now I will have to look for Ami on the show next week.

My eyes Me eyes ! I just had a visual and went Blind ?:)
:)*

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 04:36:11 PM »
BUT it is like they get a BIG fine if they let it out who is in the final two, so what would you prefer they do?

t

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 05:40:20 PM »
How much is the fine t ?  ?:)?

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 06:25:20 PM »
I would tease everyone and say I know who's in the f2! nanana!  :P And I am not telling!  88))

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 07:06:09 PM »
Your silly chakeeta  :)*

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 08:44:59 PM »
How much is the fine t ?  ?:)?

i dont know how much the fine is, but its enough to scare everyone into not saying ;)

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 01:12:27 PM »
How much is the fine?

I know that CBS has an iron-clad contract. I think they take your first born!