Author Topic: A BRAND-NEW SEASON OF "AMERICAN IDOL"  (Read 4839 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
A BRAND-NEW SEASON OF "AMERICAN IDOL"
« on: November 22, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »
                            A NEW SEASON IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!

A BRAND-NEW SEASON OF "AMERICAN IDOL" WITH NEW CONTESTANTS, NEW AUDITIONS AND AMERICA'S FAVORITE JUDGES BEGINS JANUARY 18 AND 19 ON FOX Tune in for Auditions of the Best and Worst Singers From Across the Country

The wait is almost over. AMERICAN IDOL, the No. 1 show of last season, has set the stage to return in January.

Last season, approximately 65 million votes were cast in the finale, naming Fantasia the third AMERICAN IDOL, joining previous winners Kelly Clarkson and Ruben Studdard. Since then America has been anxiously waiting for the return of the biggest show of the year, and the time is almost here! AMERICAN IDOL is back for its fourth season and another quest to discover America's most talented singer. An all-new season with new contestants and the best and worst of auditions from around the nation begins with a special two-hour season premiere episode Tuesday, Jan. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and a special one-hour episode Wednesday, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

This past summer, AMERICAN IDOL traveled to seven cities across the country, looking for the next singing superstar. Episodes featuring the audition cities of Cleveland, St. Louis, Washington, DC, New Orleans, Orlando, Las Vegas and San Francisco will air on three consecutive Tuesdays, Jan. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Feb. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), and three Wednesdays, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), Jan. 26 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Feb. 2 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Those who survived the AMERICAN IDOL judges in the audition cities will be highlighted in the semifinal round, which will air on Tuesdays, Feb. 8 and 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesdays, Feb. 9 and 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Then, tune in to the first performance show of the new season on Tuesday, Feb. 22 (8:30-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Host Ryan Seacrest and America's favorite judges, Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson, all return to lend their professional expertise, personal comments and often-unwanted criticism to this season's crop of aspiring singers. Some will get the judges' approval and others will learn the hard truth! Tune in to see who survives and who goes home!

Eight-time Emmy-nominated AMERICAN IDOL is created and executive-produced by Simon Fuller, 19 Television; and executive-produced by Cecile Frot-Coutaz, Chief Operating Officer, Production, FremantleMedia North America Inc.; Nigel Lythgoe, President, 19 Television; and Ken Warwick of FremantleMedia.

^:)^
thanks to RealityTVFever  :)_{}
 http://www.realitytvfever.com/american_idol_pr_11_17.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 09:10:59 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: A BRAND-NEW SEASON OF "AMERICAN IDOL"
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 10:54:20 PM »
http://idolonfox.com/home.htm

AN ALL-NEW SEASON OF AMERICAN IDOL PREMIERES JANUARY 18 AND 19!

Kelly. Ruben. Fantasia. Who will be next? Find out when the amazing 4th season of American Idol kicks off with a two-night premiere on January 18th and 19th! The judges are back, Ryan is back, the music is back and the drama is back! And some brand new twists have been added! Don’t miss a single second of your favorite show!

A TWIST! American Idol is changing things up! This year, instead of 36 finalists, at the end of the Hollywood round, the judges will select 12 male and 12 female singers. Then in the semi-finals, one group performs on Monday and the other on Tuesday, with voting on both nights. On Wednesday, two singers from each group will be eliminated until we have our finalists, 6 males and 6 females! So now, your favorite singers will be seen every week until we've crowned our fourth American Idol!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 01:14:25 PM by puddin »

Offline gucciii

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Mr.Social
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 10:29:23 AM »
Ok the first audition show from Washington DC has aired and here is my view. Are we talking losers or winners or a combination of both types of contestants? It seems that for the most part the producers tend to show much more of a certain type. How can we put it? Wannabes that honestly think they are soooooooooooo good. That would be one way. Total Train wrecks just waiting to happen is another title that would suit them just as well.

The one contestant that really scared me was Mary. There was “something about Mary” that just was not there. Something was definitely missing here. Me thinks it was her marbles. It may have also been her good singing voice that she left home with the missing marbles. Lord knows she had few different voices (each worst than the last). But it was her conviction and belief that she was “GOOD” that made me look wide eyed at the TV and mumble to myself “is she for real here or what? Perhaps the little voices were talking to her. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh run for the hills I say.

The other one that stood out was Melissa. She claimed that you don’t have to be rich to dress well. Her clothes looked like White Trailer Trash Inc made them. and her jewelry designed by Art & Crafts for Toddlers. I guess my biggest disappointment was that since she looked soooooooooo bad that her voice would over come it all. But no! Her voice made you cringe even more. Well I will say this much. She has more guts than me. I have not the bravery to make a total ass out of myself on national TV. The best line was when as she exited the audition she says: "I'm one of the good people that they cut. They have to cut some good people, I guess". (can I choke on my soda now?)
Anyone else care to input here?
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Offline canadian_bunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV and making new friends online!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 02:33:39 PM »
Omg.. Mary "freaked" me out last night. Not only was she tone deaf and couldnt carry a note if her life depended on it, but she was convinced she had talent. When she first introduced herself she was saying music and costmetology were things she wanted to do. After hearing her for ohhh two seconds `/~ I thought maybe being a hair stylist would be your better field. Then she started talking about voices in her head and what they were saying, I was thinking I wouldnt want her to work on my hair.  *(^ The girl definitely was a fry short of a happy meal. What about the West Nile Virus Lab tech that tried out? OMG she sounded like she may have had the virus herself  .)_ I had some good laughs and dont know how the judges could sit there without laughing. The story that touched me most was the gal that pawned her wedding ring to get to stay and try out for AI4. Her Husband and daughter were also brought in after she sung and Simeon asked him what he thought of her singing and if he supported what she was doing. She was then moved onto the next round. It should be interesting tonight in Missouri.  C`*
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 02:37:20 PM by canadian_bunny »
"If at first you dont succeed, try, try again."

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 06:30:48 PM »
i should go and look at the people for this season.  i was told at work to watch the first show because a guy that just quit a few months ago is supposed to be on.  i am not sure how far he goes because no one is saying but he is for sure on at least the first show...  don't you think they should say how long we are supposed to watch?  ;)   (Is there a winkie one?  i cant find it....)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 06:34:03 PM »
That is one of the funiest things I have read in a while gucciii!

They had a lot of bad singers on last night, how about that guy with all those different voices! That was too good

Mary and Trailer Trash girl (hehehe) both scared me very much! I can't wait for tonites show! Don't miss it gucciii, I wanna hear what you gotta say! LMAO

Rob
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 06:41:28 PM by Rob »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 07:26:01 PM »
 (^.# I agree Rob, gucci is an excellent writer  ((^

Offline gucciii

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Mr.Social
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 02:08:04 PM »

here ya go...........
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 10:21:01 PM »
WOW, I love it. THANKS

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF