Author Topic: A Look at the teams on The Amazing Race 6 , by Trevor  (Read 3354 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
A Look at the teams on The Amazing Race 6 , by Trevor
« on: November 17, 2004, 09:42:13 PM »
I brought this over from the news board incase anyone missed it.. ^:)^ ..puddin

A Look at the teams on The Amazing Race 6
Posted on Wednesday, November 17 @ 09:36:10AM EST
Topic: The Amazing Race 
With The Amazing Race 6 season premiere last night, we took some notes and provided a quick capsule along with some handicapping odds.

by Trevor Freeman

Last night marked the two-hour season premiere of The Amazing Race 6. Upon the heels of the ratings success that was last year’s edition, CBS got out this season in a hurry and it already looks good. Yesterday’s leg took them from Chicago to Iceland. The first team eliminated were the self-proclaimed Jewish kids from Brooklyn, Avi and Joe. This was quite shocking because I had them pegged as a team that could be top five. They did provide us with one good comment; “My ancestors wandered 40 years in the desert only to have us sleeping on a glacier.”

As always we are going to do a quick capsule on each team and assess their chances of winning. The recaps will begin next week. Let’s meet this season’s teams…………………..

Adam and Rebecca: The casting decision that has me scratching my head. Adam already annoys me and it’s not just his freakish hair. His voice irritates me and he seems to have no redeeming personality traits. I think Rebecca made a wise move whenever she ditched him. If I were her I’d hope to lose this show early so I could get back to my “formerly dating” status. I got a chuckle out of them filling up their diesel tank with gasoline.

Odds of Winning: 30-1

Don and Mary Jean: I like the old couple. Both of them seem very happy to be there. This is the team that I think everybody hopes can get through a couple episodes. Don and Mary Jean will have to compensate for their lack of athleticism with intelligence.

Odds of Winning: 25-1

Freddy and Kendra: Kendra is hot. Very hot. Freddy seems like a nice guy, he was trying to prop Kendra up the entire episode. Although if I was dating Kendra, I’d probably be on my best behavior also. This team seems to have good cohesiveness, intelligence and athleticism. Freddy and Kendra should contend for the title this season.

Odds of Winning: 4-1

Gus and Hera: The father-daughter team is one that has me scratching my head. Gus was in the CIA, so I have to think this kind of race is right up his alley. Hera was wearing a George Washington University crew jacket so I have to think she has a little athleticism. However, Gus and Hera did not really show me a lot on the first leg (finished tenth). I think Gus needs his competitive fire stoked a little.

Odds of Winning: 20-1

Hayden and Aaron: I like this team’s chances. If I had to put money on one pairing it is this one. Hayden and Aaron have that blend of cohesiveness, intelligence, and athleticism. Plus, Aaron showed he doesn’t mind being underhanded as he misdirected the girls from Queens. Strong contender for the title. BTW, Hayden has a nice bounce in her step when she runs and I think guys at home know what I am talking about.

Odds of Winning: 2-1

Jonathan and Victoria: In Jonathan’s first episode he established that he is a formidable contender for “Most Annoying Reality TV Personality”. He’s like Colin from last season, except on crack and with an extremely annoying voice. This team will not win this season of Amazing Race. In my opinion, Jonathan and Victoria were cast on the show purely to fight with each other.

Odds of Winning: 25-1

Kris and Jon: This is the team that will fly under the radar. I see them accumulating a bunch of fourth and fifth place finishes and quietly advancing until the closing weeks. The chemistry, intelligence and athleticism are all there.

Odds of Winning: 10-1

Lena and Kristy: The Mormon sisters will be a force to be reckoned with. I see this team lasting until the Final Four. Kristy is a viable contender for hottest girl on Amazing Race. Lena is less attractive but is said to have more a hard-partying edge. I think Lena and Kristy may get some help from the producers if they get in trouble (in the form of a nonelimination leg if they finish last). Nobody wants to see them go home.

Odds of Winning: 8-1

Lori and Bolo: These two are professional wrestlers. Having been a former fan of the WWF I am disappointed to tell you that I do not recognize either of them. The best moment of the show were these two wrestling on the glacier. Bolo seems like a good guy. Lori seems verbally abusive and out of control at times. I see this team lasting awhile. Not sure if they are championship material.

Odds of Winning: 12-1

Meredith and Maria: This team impressed nobody yesterday. To be quite honest I think they are the worst team in the field and are a good bet to get eliminated on next week’s episode. Maria let Mary Jean beat her up the ice climb and Mary Jean is twice her age. Lots of pathetic moments in this pairing. Could it be opening night jitters? We shall see, but I don’t think so.

Odds of Winning: 30-1

If you have any questions or comments feel free to e-mail me at Trevor.freeman@east2westsports.com. 

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: A Look at the teams on The Amazing Race 6 , by Trevor
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 10:02:49 AM »
Great observations!  thanks for bringing it over puddin.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: A Look at the teams on The Amazing Race 6 , by Trevor
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 02:10:16 PM »
Thank you very much.  Although I'm a little upset there does not seem to be a really lovable pairing like Chip and Kim were last year.  I also think Jonathan is Colin to the extreme. 
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."