Author Topic: 'Survivor' Watch Julie Berry  (Read 3579 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
'Survivor' Watch Julie Berry
« on: November 08, 2004, 04:58:46 PM »
'Survivor' Watch

Copyright © 2004 Blethen Maine Newspapers Inc.

Gorham's Julie Berry is still alive and half way to winning the $1 million prize as the sole "Survivor."

On Episode 8 of this season's "Survivor" last Thursday, the field was cut down to nine contestants from the original 18.

Berry, 23, continued to use her femininity to build alliances with the men and avoid being voted off the South Pacific island of Vanuatu.

At one point in Thursday's show, she was shown snuggling up to the male leader of her tribe, "Sarge" Masters. Later she said to the camera: "If those boys want to keep me around strictly for visual stimulation, then hey, I got it in the bag."

During the episode, however, Berry appeared to break her alliance with the men.

When it came time to vote a person off, the men asked Berry to join them in voting off Ami Cusack, a leader of the women. But in the end, there were only four votes for Cusack, leaving viewers to believe that only the four men voted for her and that Berry voted with the five other women.

One other interesting note: At one point, Berry was shown with a hand-painted heart on her chest, and in it was the name "Jeff." There was a rumor around Portland a couple weeks ago that Berry and "Survivor" host Jeff Probst visited the Old Port together.

The drama continues.

And for those of you who would like to hear Berry's comments on her "Survivor" experience, you'll just have to wait. "Survivor" prohibits contestants from talking to the media until the episode airs when they meet their fate: Either by being voted off or by winning. Berry's family and friends are also prohibited from discussing whether or not she's still on the island.

"Survivor" airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on WGME (Channel 13).

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/mondaymag/stories/041108juliewatch.shtml

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re: 'Survivor' Watch Julie Berry
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 09:32:15 PM »
I thought it was a nice touch that Julie had a heart painted with Jeff's name on it.  If that isn't an invitation to Jeff that she is interested, I don't know what.  They would make a very attractive couple wouldnt they?

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
Re: 'Survivor' Watch Julie Berry
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 07:24:12 PM »
I thought it was a very thoughtful gesture bathfizzy.... it is Jeff that didn't think much of it.. He kind of blew it off, which I thought was kind of standoff-ish....
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!