Author Topic: Rory on the early show  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Rory on the early show
« on: November 05, 2004, 01:18:36 PM »
I put this in spoilers since we will probably discuss his comments.  Thanks to brownroach at blows for the transcript

Highlights of Rory Freeman's Early Show Interview
<clip of Twila saying that someone is going to be pissed off about her vote>

Julie Chen: Rory Freeman good morning.

Rory: Morning.

Julie: And let's just say that the person who was upset was you, or are you? Are you upset to be bounced off and sitting here talking to us this morning?

Rory: Well I'm upset in that I obviously don't win the million dollars. But having lived with the women over at Yasur I had a good idea of how the women were going to be voting.

Julie: Well you did not have fun over at the Yasur camp with the women. Is it just worth it to get away from all those women? You had a hard time adjusting.

Rory: Well, the part that is a little upsetting to me is that when I came back to Lopevi I'm waiting for Chris and Sarge and Chad to welcome me back in completely and they apparently thought I was in Club Med with the ladies of Yasur.

Julie: Yeah but at the end of the day at Tribal Council, they voted... last night it came down to the men vs. the women. All of you guys voted to get Ami out. All of the women voted to get you out. Is it just because you're a man that you're sitting here this morning.

Rory: I think it is partially because obviously I'm a man. It also has to do with that I was suddenly becoming a challenge, a threat in the physical challenge. I find that hard to believe that I'm a threat, it's amazing to me.

Julie: It's kind of flattering?

Rory: Oh, it's absolutely flattering but I still wish I was playing the game.

Julie: What are your thoughts on Ami? You guys did not get along at all. Is she the reason that you're here? Is she the one behind your undoing?

Rory: I wouldn't really say that Ami is the reason behind my undoing. But I think that no one really recognizes how strong of an influence Ami has on absolutely all the women.

Julie: Why is that?

Rory: Because she plays a very low key game. She always has a very positive attitude, smile, play the game. The fact of the matter is that Ami is ruthless. And as soon as she crossed...

Julie: Yeah but when she said "I play with a positive attitude" at Tribal Council, you rolled your eyes.

Rory: She portrays that positive attitude but I didn't mostly feel the positive attitude. What I mostly felt was Ami constantly telling me I was a man and I'm getting voted off next.

Julie: What was your strategy. Was it just not even worth your time to try and convince the women to see things your way. And point out Ami's flaws. Was it just a lost cause?

Rory: I spent alot of time campaigning for Ami to get voted off.

Julie: With the women?

Rory: With the women. I talked to obviously, Eliza. I talked to Scout.

Julie: And what would they say?

Rory: They agreed 100% but the fact of the matter is, they bamboozled the guys because women are gonna vote in a straight line block.

Julie: I read that you blamed the guys for why you're sitting here, because they voted John off last week?

Rory: I think that the worst move of the game by far was them voting John Kenney off last week. Everybody knew that going into the merge you want to be 5 men and 5 women. I was astounded that they would chose to keep Twila and Julie and vote John Kenney off when it plainly gives the strength and number factors to the women.

Julie: You missed being on the jury by one week. How bitter are you about that?

Rory: I'm pretty bitter about that and the fact that I'm out of the game but the fact of the matter is that I'm blessed.

Julie: You have a wife and kid at home in Iowa.

Rory: I got a wife and kid at home.

Julie: And you're doing all right and you look great.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Rory on the early show
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 02:08:01 PM »
Rory: They agreed 100% but the fact of the matter is, they bamboozled the guys because women are gonna vote in a straight line block.

Interesting comment from Rory...you think that one more week they stick together and then turn on each other?

Rory: I wouldn't really say that Ami is the reason behind my undoing. But I think that no one really recognizes how strong of an influence Ami has on absolutely all the women.

Does this mean they make up and are still friends?

Rory: With the women. I talked to obviously, Eliza. I talked to Scout.

Julie: And what would they say?

Rory: They agreed 100% but the fact of the matter is, they bamboozled the guys because women are gonna vote in a straight line block

They agree does this mean they wait to have the numbers and boot Ami?

Offline Zyx

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Rory on the early show
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 04:46:23 PM »
I think this means that the women boot 'em all off. They take off all the guys...how unfortunate...but here is my opinion on the order of the voteoffs:

Next person booted off I think will be Sarge...
Then Chad...
Chris...
Ami...
Eliza...
Twila...
Scout...
Second Place: Leann
Winner: Julie