Author Topic: EP 7 RECAP ,STICKING TO THE PLAN: JOHN K OUSTED  (Read 2103 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP 7 RECAP ,STICKING TO THE PLAN: JOHN K OUSTED
« on: October 28, 2004, 11:41:08 PM »
STICKING TO THE PLAN: JOHN K OUSTED
After attending their first post-reshuffling Tribal Council, Lopevi continued with the original plan hatched by the alliance of elders, sending John Kenney, the 22-year-old mechanical bull operator from Los Angeles, California, home in a landslide decision. A target for being too strong, compounded with accusations of having a poor work ethic, John simply could not survive any longer in the Lopevi camp. After watching host Jeff Probst snuff his torch, John uttered his Final Words, which contained messages for former tribemates: "Chris, I hope you win. Sarge, I hope you come in second. Everyone else, I hope you lose."

SLEEPING BEAUTY
Enjoying a run of Challenge victories, Lopevi worked in happy harmony, with one exception: to his tribemates' chagrin, John seemed to be napping more than working. "He's the kind of person that coasts through the game. He's not coasting through this game with us," warned Chris Daugherty, the 34-year-old highway construction worker from South Vienna, Ohio.

IT'S A WOMAN THING
Having been on the Yasur chopping block since he joined the tribe, Rory Freeman, the 35-year-old housing case manager from Des Moines, Iowa, once again found himself begging for his life. While away from camp, Ami Cusack, the 31-year-old barista/model from Lakewood, Colorado, and Leann Slaby, the 35-year-old research assistant from Kansasville, Wisconsin, informed Rory that no woman's alliance has ever made it through SURVIVOR, thus his days within the tribe were numbered. Feeling much more worthy than Eliza Orlins, the 21-year-old pre-law student from Syracuse, New York, Rory did not like what he heard. "I've decided that I will go into self-destruct mode," he threatened. "I'm going to institute a slash, burn and salt the earth policy. If I get voted off this island, the Yasur tribe will burn."

REWARD CHALLENGE: JO-COCONUT
When the tribes met for the Reward Challenge, Jeff Probst explained that this would be a race to deliver coconut juice from the starting line through a series of obstacles and finally into a glass jar. One tribe member at a time must hurry to open coconuts, then race with the juice through a wood crawl, seesaws, wood hurdles and a grid box to deposit the juice into the receiving jar. Once the jar is filled, the last member must carefully carry it to the finish line. The first tribe to deliver their full jar would win the Reward: some time at Vanuatu Home Café, enjoying coffee, juices, treats and some love from back home. The winning tribe would also be allowed to bring a coffee maker and some coffee back to camp.

The Challenge started off with John going head-to-head against Eliza. Both members succeeded in creating a base of juice in the receiving jar. It was "slow and steady wins the race" as the Survivors, one at a time, vigilantly transported the coconut juice from start to finish. The competition proved close as the finishing jars slowly filled.

After filling Yasur's jar, Leann had the task of bringing it back to the finish line. After tripping and almost single-handedly losing the Challenge, Leann successfully found her feet and brought the full jar across the finish line to secure Reward for Yasur.

HOME CAFÉ VANUATU
After their first post-shuffle victory, the new Yasur tribe set off to enjoy their Reward at Home Café Vanuatu. Emotions ran high as the tribemates gathered around a collage of pictures from their respective pasts. As the Yasur tribemates showed each other their loved ones, past glories and even pets, the smell of brewing coffee permeated the makeshift hut. Enjoying coffee, croissants and juice, the Survivors tearfully read letters from home. The Reward served to "recharge the batteries" of the tribe members, even the targeted Rory, who simply exclaimed, "It's a beautiful day on Vanuatu."
REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY
After returning to camp defeated, the women of Lopevi stole away from camp in to discuss tribal politics. In a cunning move, @Julie Berry, the 23-year-old youth mentor from Gorham, Maine, postured as though she had been promised sanctuary by Lea "Sarge" Masters, the 40-year-old drill sergeant from Columbia, South Carolina, and his alliance. This deceitful ploy caused @Twila Tanner, the 41-year-old highway repair worker from Marshall, Missouri, to confess that she'd been promised the same. As Julie put it, "It completely turned her off to them. And now, I have her on my side currently."

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: SHOOT YOUR WAY HOME
The tribes assembled for the Immunity Challenge, and Jeff Probst explained that this Challenge would involve precision, as each tribe would be equipped with a pouch of marbles and a slingshot. In turn, each tribe member must take a shot at a ceramic tile grid. The first tribe to break all twenty tiles wins Immunity.

As the competition shot off, Lopevi gained a small lead. After Yasur overtook the lead with the sharpshooting of Rory, John missed his tile, squandering an opportunity for Lopevi to narrow the conflict. With only one tile left for victory and desperately needing Immunity to stay on the island, Rory aimed his slingshot and announced, "This one's for my baby boy." Rory launched the marble and watched it crash through that final tile, securing him at least three more days on the island of Vanuatu.

LOPEVI SCRAMBLE
Returning to camp from their defeat, the Lopevi tribe had to face the inevitable task of deciding whom to vote off. Now that both tribes were going to be tied at five members each, the Lopevi alliance of men worried that keeping the women around could prove a detrimental decision later on. Knowing he had been on the chopping block for some time, John lobbied Chris and Twila to vote @Chad Crittenden, the 35-year-old teacher from Oakland, California, out of the tribe because of his position as a sympathy threat. "Tonight is the night, for me anyways," noted John, to figure out where I stand in this game."

In the end, John did figure out where he stood: nowhere in the Lopevi camp. As he suffered the five-to-one vote that expelled him from his tribe, John became the eighth Survivor voted off SURVIVOR: VANUATU.