Author Topic: Do You Think We’ll Ever See Any More New International Versions?  (Read 4423 times)

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
Obviously if this were to ever happen, it would likely be a while with the current world events, but do you guys think we’ll ever see any new international versions of the Amazing Race (like a completely new series?) The last new version to premiere was Amazing Race China in 2014, I wonder if any other countries or regions would be interested in producing their own versions that haven’t done so yet?

Also, I wonder if we’ll get anymore of the international series being revived again after a long absence (like Amazing Race Asia, Australia, and Vietnam were)? I would personally love to see China Rush return.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I’d love to see The Amazing Race UK! But, I think that would of already happened by now? Channel 4/Channel 5 should of already picked it up years ago! I’d also love to see TAR India & TAR South Africa, but I think I’m dreaming here!  :didimiss: :funny:

I’d love to see TAR China Rush return as well!

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Well, TARLA is buried six feet under. And although it would be great trying to resurrect it, after the poor performances of the last seasons - ratings talking - I don't think any network would give a chance for a second run. (If fact I don't even think anyone in this continent's media remember the show being broadcasted)
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Yeah, the UK should've gotten its own version by now. But with the BBC doing its own original concept, it is very doubtful.

I think the only other possibilities could be Asia. South Korea loves variety shows and a TAR: South Korea would most certainly be celeb-based like TAR China. Thailand would be the next possibility too as they like franchising foreign formats.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Race Across the World pretty much is The Amazing Race UK (and it's not a bad show at all). Closest they're gonna get.

Online Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Maybe a revival of TAR Central Europe?

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
Maybe a revival of TAR Central Europe?

That would be awesome!

The dream would be if TAR Norge returns. Or if they make a TAR Scandinavia or a TAR with the Nordic countries.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Another TAR Asia would be amazing. Their first ones were high class!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
I would love it we could get the Central European season we never got (that’s a beautiful part of the world too, they could even just race around that area and have plenty to do and see).

Being that the Amazing Race Australia revival did so well last year, it gives me hope that maybe other networks will take notice and revive their series or purchase the rights to start a new series in the future.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
There was a Norwegian version so maybe another Scandinavian version is possible.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Do You Think We’ll Ever See Any More New International Versions?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2022, 05:20:45 AM »
Race Across the World pretty much is The Amazing Race UK (and it's not a bad show at all). Closest they're gonna get.

I quite enjoyed RATW.

Although the prize money is paltry as compared to TAR, I frankly would have signed up for RATW over TAR, because in RATW, you don't have to force yourself to skydive/bungee jump/eat disgusting things. In fact, you can essentially go to anywhere you like, so long as you have the funds. I am a person who is OK with long train rides and bus rides, so I would have been extremely comfortable. But of course, ratings-wise, the producers would have preferred to select people who cannot endure long rides because... ratings.