Author Topic: Has there ever been a season where you just quit watching?  (Read 10249 times)

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
Season 6 fits the bill for me. I made it to episode 11 before calling quits on it. I've never seen a season that was as nasty and negative as season 6. Almost every team was either A) boring or B) Bickering couples who never got along. Kris and John were the only decent ones but barely got any air time.

Overall, I had bad vibes about this season. I can usually find a team to connect with, but this season lacked that. I will NOT watch this season again.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: Has there ever been a season where you just quit watching?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 03:26:52 AM »
I’ve seen every season of English-speaking TAR, but I nearly quit during Season 24. The cast I found fine, but the route and tasks were just woeful. Season 24 is the worst TAR season ever and reason TAR got pushed to Friday nights from TAR25 onwards!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 06:21:23 AM »
Impossible.

(Season 26 came a bit close...)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 06:36:02 AM »
Not really on the entire season, but I stopped watching on the penultimate and final legs.

It was TAR Asia 5 where the production somehow placed BOTH a Yield and a U-Turn in the penultimate leg. The team I rooted (
Show content
Treasuri & Louisa
) fell victim to that horrible twist. :dick I was so mad and questioning why did the production force to place both Yield and U-Turn on the penultimate leg. I know that all the U-Turn and Yields in previous legs were left unused, but it didn't mean that they should force both Yield and U-Turn in the penultimate leg so it would be used. :dick

When I was watching the penultimate leg, when
Show content
Treasuri & Louisa
got U-Turned, I just stopped watching it because I know that they're 100% would be eliminated and I don't care anymore who will win the race.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:44:07 AM by georgiapeach »
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 10:35:21 AM »
Season 4, I almost quit watching after episode 9.
Season 8, I have watch episode 1, and still after a week I have not episode 2. Should I quit the season?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 10:45:56 AM »
Season 8 is a totally different ballgame. Its a hoot.  2 teams are on my all time faves list.

Its worth a go.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 10:47:52 AM »
So guys...be careful re spoilers here. In case someone wants to watch an earlier season unspoiled. Avoid them if possible...if you MUST share a spoiler do use the spoiler tags. Thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 11:45:18 AM »
So guys...be careful re spoilers here. In case someone wants to watch an earlier season unspoiled. Avoid them if possible...if you MUST share a spoiler do use the spoiler tags. Thanks!!

Oops, sorry peach. I forget that there's someone who might haven't watched that season yet.

Thanks for editing that one :luvya:

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 12:26:39 PM »
I wouldn't quit watching Season 8; while it doesn't offer much in terms of astonishing locations and tasks, it is quite interesting in terms of team dynamics and it is a unique season overall.

I've never given up on a season, but 24 was probably the least fun to watch near the end.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 12:33:07 PM »
I'd quit season 8, honestly. The concept doesn't work and I don't like the Weavers overall attitude. Very standoffish and not willing to talk to other teams.

All the teams kinda suck, one way or the other. If you haven't watched episode 2 in over a week, I'd forgo the season all together. You ain't missing anything

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 02:53:46 PM »
Seasons 8, 13, 23 & 24.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »
I knew just based on the title that Season 8 would be mentioned and I'll just say that honestly, it is one of my favorite seasons of TAR! The cast is amazing and really entertaining (and quite possibly one of the best casts ever IMO) and the season full of really fantastic moments. I also love the battles that the cast has with each other. If you can go into the season with having low expectations for the tasks and locations, it's definitely worth the watch.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 06:52:21 PM »
I knew just based on the title that Season 8 would be mentioned and I'll just say that honestly, it is one of my favorite seasons of TAR! The cast is amazing and really entertaining (and quite possibly one of the best casts ever IMO) and the season full of really fantastic moments. I also love the battles that the cast has with each other. If you can go into the season with having low expectations for the tasks and locations, it's definitely worth the watch.

I also agree and have TAR 8 in my top 5 seasons of all time.

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 07:46:51 PM »
That is an unpopular opinion, I guess. Season 8 is just awful and never worked. Would've worked better by allowing the minimum age for kids to be 13+. That would have allowed for possible international travel

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 08:48:12 PM »
Season 4. I quitted after Millie & Chuck's elimination. It is the only season which I still haven't finished the season finale.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 08:59:55 PM »
I actually rarely watch Season Finales too. Only the ones i don't know who wins it.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 07:57:27 AM »
I actually rarely watch Season Finales too. Only the ones i don't know who wins it.

Yeah I used to have that phase as well. After binge watching an entire season I just looked up who won. (But now I have moved on from that)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 08:28:03 AM »
That is an unpopular opinion, I guess. Season 8 is just awful and never worked. Would've worked better by allowing the minimum age for kids to be 13+. That would have allowed for possible international travel

Yea, Canada, Costa Rica and Panama are a part of the USA after all.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2020, 09:57:52 AM »
Season 6 fits the bill for me. I made it to episode 11 before calling quits on it. I've never seen a season that was as nasty and negative as season 6. Almost every team was either A) boring or B) Bickering couples who never got along. Kris and John were the only decent ones but barely got any air time.

Overall, I had bad vibes about this season. I can usually find a team to connect with, but this season lacked that. I will NOT watch this season again.

Oh man, that Season somewhat like a dysfunctional family. Loved the route the Teams were meh.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2020, 02:04:20 PM »
Season 4, Those Australia legs just kept going and going

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 01:18:39 AM »
TAR Canada 6 and 7. Made it ten minutes into each episode then decided it wasn't worth my time.
I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 04:38:55 AM »
I have never quit on a season ever. I got my late sister to start watching, but she was so fed up with one particular team, she quit watching after that, and never watched again before she passed.
I agree season 8 was a different creature. It actually was the template for the early seasons of various international editions.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2020, 10:49:12 PM »
I too nearly stopped watching during 6 ( I think it was 6). After the TAR 5 love that one nearly lost me.

Glad I held on! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2020, 01:06:51 AM »
I too nearly stopped watching during 6 ( I think it was 6). After the TAR 5 love that one nearly lost me.

I've been watching Season 6 since start working from home and I've been bamboozled with all the bickering and shouting between those teams. Since I haven't watched that season completely, I only thought at the beginning that
Show content
Jonathan & Victoria
were the only ones who's gonna be bickering and gosh I was wrong. All(?) legs have at least one team shouting or bickering that even my dad asked me what's with all those shouting am I watching.

I also feel bad with some of the locals who were yelled by the teams just because they don't understand or fluent in English, but somehow some of the remaining teams expect that all people in the world should understand English. I also don't like
Show content
Kendra
with that animosity towards third-world countries. Just imagine when someone from that country's watching the episode where their country is visited, but find out that a racer has that opinion about your country, what would they feel about that.

It's been painful watching Season 6. Too bad that there are some countries
Show content
(Hungary, Senegal, and Ethiopia)
that are only visited in this season. I really hope that they give that country another visit but with other set of teams so I can really enjoy the beauty of that countries, instead of just shouting and bickering.

I only have the final leg left to be watched, and maybe after that I won't watch this season ever again. :funny:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2020, 01:48:50 AM »

I've been watching Season 6 since start working from home and I've been bamboozled with all the bickering and shouting between those teams. Since I haven't watched that season completely, I only thought at the beginning that
Show content
Jonathan & Victoria
were the only ones who's gonna be bickering and gosh I was wrong. All(?) legs have at least one team shouting or bickering that even my dad asked me what's with all those shouting am I watching.

I also feel bad with some of the locals who were yelled by the teams just because they don't understand or fluent in English, but somehow some of the remaining teams expect that all people in the world should understand English. I also don't like
Show content
Kendra
with that animosity towards third-world countries. Just imagine when someone from that country's watching the episode where their country is visited, but find out that a racer has that opinion about your country, what would they feel about that.

It's been painful watching Season 6. Too bad that there are some countries
Show content
(Hungary, Senegal, and Ethiopia)
that are only visited in this season. I really hope that they give that country another visit but with other set of teams so I can really enjoy the beauty of that countries, instead of just shouting and bickering.

I only have the final leg left to be watched, and maybe after that I won't watch this season ever again. :funny:
Show content
The ending of season 6 is somewhat interesting to watch. Give it a try.

P.S. I am one of those who love season 6  :funny: