Author Topic: DISCUSSION of TAR 33 SUSPENSION DUE TO COVID (may contain location spoilers)  (Read 88450 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: DISCUSSION of the TAR 33 SUSPENSION DUE TO CORONOVIRUS
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2020, 05:21:21 AM »
CNN correspondent Will Ripley Who is currently based and lives with his husband in Hong Kong, has spent three and a half month in Tokyo on assignment. He was finally able to fly back from Tokyo to Hong Kong late this week. He’s been posting a documentary series of clips on his Instagram channel, which CNN complied on its website. Normally it takes about 5 hours. This took 23 hours and he had to go into immediate self quarantine at home for fourteen days.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/travel/2020/05/15/international-travel-coronavirus-hong-kong-ripley-orig-jk.cnn
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 02:01:37 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2020, 05:49:58 AM »
Those international travel restrictions are hopefully to be lifted and would have to resume when the (northern) summer comes as some airports are expected to reopen international travel with coping of social distancing guidelines.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2020, 06:16:45 AM »
It seems like there is some talk of a few countries opening up travel to one another with precautionary measures, but unfortunately I don't think the US is in a position to negotiate any opening with other countries just yet. We'll hope the virus comes under control sooner rather than later.

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2020, 07:55:59 AM »
Yes - even if countries with low/no virus open travel between each other the US is not going to be one of those involved as it is one of the worst effected places in the world. It will be a very long time before international travel returns to normal and it will likely never be exactly as it was - I suspect more stringent screening when crossing borders will become the norm afterwards.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2020, 10:43:25 AM »
Yes - even if countries with low/no virus open travel between each other the US is not going to be one of those involved as it is one of the worst effected places in the world. It will be a very long time before international travel returns to normal and it will likely never be exactly as it was - I suspect more stringent screening when crossing borders will become the norm afterwards.

I agree, travel will not be the same as before. I was watching a short documentary a few nights ago and the last time that a global event changed on how people travel was after the events of 9/11. We've had multiple body scanners, stringent checks with luggage both check-in and carry-on baggages. Several items can never be carried on to a flight, even passenger profiling. I am expecting that they'll require medical clearances, declarations of your health status, your vaccines, your recent sicknesses and multiple temperature screenings....

With the airline industry suffering massive losses, facing bankruptcy, restructuring or administration; the uncertainty of when this pandemic will end; the stigma of air travel. I'm thinking TAR won't be even be able to film in 2021.

I was talking to my family & friends and they all said the same thing. "We won't be travelling until 2022 or 2023."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 10:52:02 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2020, 11:11:05 AM »
Well the sanctions of reopening the economy and the resumption of air travel that will hopefully in the second half of 2020. Many of TV productions will resume since the COVID-19 pandemic, with some had a choice to restart production.

JMO
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 09:10:40 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2020, 11:13:42 AM »

I agree, travel will not be the same as before. I was watching a short documentary a few nights ago and the last time that a global event changed on how people travel was after the events of 9/11. We've had multiple body scanners, stringent checks with luggage both check-in and carry-on baggages. Several items can never be carried on to a flight, even passenger profiling. I am expecting that they'll require medical clearances, declarations of your health status, your vaccines, your recent sicknesses and multiple temperature screenings....

With the airline industry suffering massive losses, facing bankruptcy, restructuring or administration; the uncertainty of when this pandemic will end; the stigma of air travel. I'm thinking TAR won't be even be able to film in 2021.

I was talking to my family & friends and they all said the same thing. "We won't be travelling until 2022 or 2023."
Everyone's probably going to have to register for CLEAR and upload medical documentation prior to the travel date in order to make sure everything goes smooth. :groan:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2020, 11:54:11 AM »
I am expecting that they'll require medical clearances, declarations of your health status, your vaccines, your recent sicknesses and multiple temperature screenings....

Not if the Republicans stay in office. They don't seem to understand basic disease communicability. :groan:

TPTB for TAR will be careful I am sure. What I am hearing is they are preparing for late fall IN CASE it is possible to go. If things are still difficult they will look at early 2021. And so forth until we can safely go out again.

Survivor apparently believes they can go out possibly in July...because they can film in a much more controlled environment than TAR.

We'll see. I personally am by no means sure that countries will have opened borders, that it will be safe to fly, that 14 days isolation is enough,  and that there will not be a resurgence of Covid-19 in Nov-Dec even in things improve by July.

LIVES and HEALTH are the first priority for us all. I'm sure CBS and WRP feel the same.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2020, 02:29:55 AM »

If it's any consolation, TAR has adapted very well to the post-9/11 world. It'd take some time to figure out how to make it work in the post-COVID world, but the business community/tourism industry will be pushing for some resumption of normality eventually; we'll just have to be patient until then! (I'm hopeful!)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2020, 05:41:54 AM »

Everyone's probably going to have to register for CLEAR and upload medical documentation prior to the travel date in order to make sure everything goes smooth. :groan:

This would most probably be another tedious requirement in securing a visa for certain countries.  :groan:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2020, 05:50:12 AM »

If it's any consolation, TAR has adapted very well to the post-9/11 world. It'd take some time to figure out how to make it work in the post-COVID world, but the business community/tourism industry will be pushing for some resumption of normality eventually; we'll just have to be patient until then! (I'm hopeful!)

This is what amazes me with how TAR is produced. 2001 was a really dark year with the 9/11 and it really put a stigma on the safety of air travel, basically travel in general. TAR adapted to its changes and we're now at 32 seasons. Like all of us, we want this pandemic to end very soon. I agree that when everything normalizes the business/tourism industry will be clamoring to restart. I hope TAR is one of those catalysts that will make travel good again. It was through TAR where my dreams of travelling arose, I'm grateful for this show and this forum.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2020, 02:48:51 PM »
From Kelly Kahl at upfronts.

In terms of Survivor and The Amazing Race, we’ll get those into production as soon as we can safely get back into production. That’s going to be a little more complicated because we literally have to navigate some international waters.

If we get back into production [on The Amazing Race], you can trust that we have plotted out all of the safe and smart ways of doing it. Some countries are more affected than others and these producers are some of the best in the business and they will plot out a race that sticks to countries that are safe.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/cbs-navigates-tricky-international-waters-with-the-amazing-race-survivor-1202938568/

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2020, 03:04:03 PM »
Kelly Kahl's statement regarding The Amazing Race 33 cast:

"Production on Survivor and The Amazing Race was interrupted. What precautions are you taking there and with those casts? Has anyone from either show dropped out?"

"I don't believe anyone has dropped out. We are going to take all precautions that take all steps to protect the health and safety of our contestants — or in scripted shows, or actors — but also certainly the crew. Everyone's health and safety is going to be taken into consideration."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-plots-business-as-usual-fall-schedule-now-1295186

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2020, 03:32:44 PM »
Edit: Redundant post because I only looked at Garrett's post and not the one above his, which already linked the same article i was linking.

The cynic could note that he says "IF we get back into production on TAR", rather than WHEN, but it does seem like they are committed to completing it, if they can do it safely. Here's hoping it will get completed!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2020, 04:45:47 PM »
TAR 33 is firmly being planned to resume filming.  The WHEN is the tricky bit...Nov perhaps?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2020, 01:31:29 AM »
via FB:

Bertram van Munster:
And my beloved Race will be back!!! Let you all know when!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2020, 06:33:25 AM »
He also said:

It’s coming, I have been working hard:-))

Not sure what that means exactly as the comment wasn't replying to anyone specifically. Could be either TAR32 or TAR33. Though, I assume, most if not all the "work" on TAR32 is already completed right? Like... they've had almost 2 years, what else would they need to work on? lol

Hope the "working hard" is in reference in setting up/working out the logistics of TAR33.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2020, 06:53:31 AM »
Am I the only one thinking that there is no chance TAR33 will restart filming, until there’s a vaccination against the virus? Of course I’d love to see TAR back out there filming in Late Summer/Early Fall, but I just don’t think this is realistic, because the ‘WHO’ believes the coronavirus is getting worse?  :duno:

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2020, 09:46:53 AM »
Am I the only one thinking that there is no chance TAR33 will restart filming, until there’s a vaccination against the virus? Of course I’d love to see TAR back out there filming in Late Summer/Early Fall, but I just don’t think this is realistic, because the ‘WHO’ believes the coronavirus is getting worse?  :duno:

You are not alone.

For one, many other countries don't want citizens of the USA to enter their country right now.  Why would they allow a film crew and contestants that would be running around and not quarantining.

I just don't see filming happening anytime soon. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2020, 10:57:31 AM »
GUYS> THE SPOILERS WERE REMOVED FOR GOOD REASON.

THIS IS A UNIQUE SITUATION.

DO NOT POST SPOILERS HERE.

Sorry but if we want to see 33 film again we MUST try to protect the cast and the show as much as we can.

I have moved the discussion to a safe place...hopefully we can revisit this one of these days.

For now, the cast/route/tasks that occurred in the aborted TAR 33 few episodes filmed are OFF LIMITS.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 11:19:48 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2020, 11:45:49 AM »
Hoping that all of us devoted TAR FANS will give CBS, WRP, PRODUCTION. CREW, and CAST  all of our love and support during this difficult time.

Until we have time to see what this means for TAR Season 33, RFF will be doing everything possible to support our Amazing Race Family.

For now, this means that our Discussions of the Race. The Route and Tasks, and MOST important our Beloved Contestants have all been moved to a safe place.

We will have to see how this unfolds...but as always, our first responsibility is to be sure that none of our Contestant reveals and discussions would interfere with a chance to resume the race at some point.

This event is  heartbreaking for all of our TAR 33 Family, and RFF will do whatever we can to support our TAR FAMILY during this time.

Thank you all for understanding. I know all of you here love TAR with a passion, and will join us in fully supporting everyone involved with TAR 33.

Love you all!

Reminder: You are more than welcome to discuss the future of 33 AS IT IS AFFECTED BY Covid here.

Absolutely NO past or future 33 spoilers here UNTIL 33 resumes and we re-open the SPOILERS.

Feel free to message me here/on FB/ or on twitter 24/7 if there is new info.

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2020, 02:52:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/PhilKeoghan/status/1287836906827333632

This Spring??? What??? Either he means they're going to try and film TAR33 restarting in the Spring... or TAR32 is being pushed back to airing in the Spring??? That or he meant to say *Fall and just had a mess-up/typo???

Offline MrDS

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2020, 02:58:44 PM »
Unless he's currently back in NZ where it is currently winter?

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2020, 03:03:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/PhilKeoghan/status/1287836906827333632

This Spring??? What??? Either he means they're going to try and film TAR33 restarting in the Spring... or TAR32 is being pushed back to airing in the Spring??? That or he meant to say *Fall and just had a mess-up/typo???

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2020, 03:23:09 PM »
The tweet specifically states #TAR33, meaning Phil is hoping they can resume filming in the spring of 2021. Nothing to be worried about.