Author Topic: S40: Tyson Apostol (S27 winner)  (Read 3726 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
S40: Tyson Apostol (S27 winner)
« on: January 15, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »

Tyson Apostol

Biography

Hometown: Lindon, Utah
Current residence: Mesa, Arizona
Previous seasons: Survivor: Tocantins (Season 18), Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Season 20), Winner of Survivor: Blood vs. Water (Season 27)
Occupation: Son, husband, father, friend. In a different order though.

Hobbies: Dadding, pickleball, mountain biking, and watching TV.

Pet peeves: Inefficiency, other know-it-alls, and inconsiderateness.

When did you first watch Survivor?
When I was familiarizing myself with the game right before the first season I played (Season 18). I haven't missed any episodes other than those on seasons I was on after my vote out, because I'm petty.

Do you still watch Survivor?
Of course.

Who is your inspiration in life?
My daughters. If I could get as excited at anything as they do about a passing airplane or the moon I'd be crushing life.

What does Survivor mean to you and your family?
Survivor has afforded me the luxury of spending lots of time with my kids. For which I will always be grateful.

What is one way playing Survivor changed your life?
Opened lots of doors to pursue many different interests. Met many lifelong friends and gave me something to focus on every single moment my brain has some downtime.

As Survivor approaches Season 40 and celebrates 20 years on television, what does it mean to be a part of the legacy?
I'm honestly honored and proud to be a part of such a milestone. I would have been secretly a bit hurt had I not been included even though I'd pretend not to care.

How will you play differently than you have in your past seasons?
I think players will be watching for a sarcastic, cutting, almost aggressive personality who steals food. I'll have to make it SEEM like I am none of those or like I have chilled out a bit, because I have... or have I?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:44:59 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S40: Tyson Apostol (S27 winner)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 07:21:14 PM »

Photo: Robert Voet--CBS
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 01:22:06 AM »
To be honest, I hope Tyson never get invited back again.

He was meh on his first season, dumb on HvV, and lucked out on Blood VS Water. He is definitely an interesting persona, but he literally did nothing this season. When the Poker alliance was revealed, Kim fought for her life, while Tyson basically bitched about the puzzle loser and tried to target Sandra.

Anyone but me - It could have been so easy for him to turn on Kim, yet...  :bow:

Idk, he deserved to win his season, but to me, he’s in the class of JT. Once off lucked out without much skills.

Gra1162

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 03:29:59 AM »

He was meh on his first season, dumb on HvV, and lucked out on Blood VS Water. He is definitely an interesting persona, but he literally did nothing this season. When the Poker alliance was revealed, Kim fought for her life, while Tyson basically bitched about the puzzle loser and tried to target Sandra.

Anyone but me - It could have been so easy for him to turn on Kim, yet...  :bow:

Idk, he deserved to win his season, but to me, he’s in the class of JT. Once off lucked out without much skills.
Agreed

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 05:01:31 AM »

Completely wrong, he got brilliant game in BvW
and he's try so hard even going for sandra, that's not "did nothing", also he got a point, it reaveled (to us audience) that there are 4 non-unconnected players who running dakal
Swarm stupidity

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 05:19:34 AM »
Nah, he lucked out at the F6.

To me playing a goof ball game 4 times is just a tad too much. Boring.

If he is so good at calling out the players that are not connected, then why didn’t he turn the vote on them? Tyson’s game is a bore to watch every season. The first season he was funny, second season he was funny yet it was repetitive and by the third and this season, it just shows he has no social game.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 06:03:19 AM »
Being funny and buddy buddy with gervase is social game
that his main strategy, in this season yull mess his game with non in game strategy
Swarm stupidity

Gra1162

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 08:08:39 AM »
that his main strategy, in this season yull mess his game with non in game strategy
being funny and bubbley can help your game
Show content
shonee survivor AU
but to some extent it'll make you a threat as usally social players end up winning and so physical players try to take them out 
Show content
Abbey going after shonee for 3 votes in a row in survivor au
but anyways he doesn't really have a social game and not much stragey, he could have easily gone home in the rock draw in BvW but he just lucked out

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 08:18:22 AM »

Are we watching the same season? Critics around have Rob, Parv, Sandra and Yul playing these best social games this season?! Lol

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 05:55:35 PM »
Are we watching the same season? Critics around have Rob, Parv, Sandra and Yul playing these best social games this season?! Lol

Nope, but this is a special season, where outside relationship affect more than in game social game, Tyson, Rob, Parvy, Amber oh and Ethan already dead on arrival since the other pre game alliance gang up on them
Sandra gang, Ben gang & Wendell gang have common enemy which is Rob gang, in other word if u cant comprehend by now, social game is practically not exist in this season, it's a war bertween blocks, only facade left as some players said it to us
Swarm stupidity

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 05:33:57 AM »
Tyson made a very good pitch to stay, I know he brought up Sandra's name in an earlier episode but the reality is most of them will do that at some point.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 11:52:37 AM »

Nope, but this is a special season, where outside relationship affect more than in game social game, Tyson, Rob, Parvy, Amber oh and Ethan already dead on arrival since the other pre game alliance gang up on them
Sandra gang, Ben gang & Wendell gang have common enemy which is Rob gang, in other word if u cant comprehend by now, social game is practically not exist in this season, it's a war bertween blocks, only facade left as some players said it to us

I still don’t think we are watching the same season. :lol:

Social game is always part of Survivor. Pre-game alliance can only bring you some where. Let’s just face it, Tyson rarely had social games and we have seen it 4 times already and he still hasn’t learn.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 01:03:35 AM »
Iam pretty sure he have great social game, even officer sarah admit it, she even said it on camera, so maybe u watch the eps with some kind of must-hate-tyson glass?
he's funny, snarky in all of his seasons, great at challenges, even that prince of BB, hayden praise him at final tribal, which iam sure u totally forgot about it
Swarm stupidity

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 03:24:03 AM »
K

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby