Author Topic: TAR Australia 4 Episode 11 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread!  (Read 830 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The best shows out there!
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Australians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!

If you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!

Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also, if you are watching anything but the Network Ten feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread!

SO PLEASE **NO OUTCOMES** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!
I enjoy ''The Big Three' Reality TV shows!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4 Episode 11 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 12:48:56 AM »
I won't be able to update tonight sadly! Hopefully one of y'all can do it!

Looking forward to another good episode tonight! This season has been getting better as the episodes progress and penultimate legs are always filled with lots of drama and tension! It's a race for everything tonight! Three teams will proceed to the Final Leg and have a chance to win $250,000, while the other remaining team shall be eliminated one leg short of glory!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 12:49:25 AM »
Semi-final night! :D

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 03:12:31 AM »
Sounds like Tom & Tyler are Dave O'Leary-ing over being U-Turned by Jasmin & Jerome. They're going on about broken trust and friendship =/

It's the semi-final, guys. The time in the race for alliances is over.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 03:41:24 AM »
And the Final 3 is...

Show content
1st - Tim & Rod. Trip to Northern Territory, Australia
2nd - Viv & Joey
3rd - Jasmin & Jerome

Tom & Tyler 4th and eliminated! :o :o :o
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:07:29 AM by Maanca »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 03:44:10 AM »
That might have been the saddest, most unsatisfying elimination of a dominant team ever.  :lol:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 04:00:25 AM »
Tim & Rod got first, not Viv & Joey

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 04:03:38 AM »
Taxis seemed a major factor even at the end, I can't believe the last task had a huge influence, the tasks as usual not being that hard.  The dentures one was interesting but they obviously weren't about to be allowed to force ones in that didn't fit. 

Voting u-turns take away the race element, the voting yields in the Israeli version are at least done over long legs.  Though I wasn't bothered about which of the last two survived. 

Supporting Viv and Joey as they've at least stood out more.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 04:04:59 AM »
Tim & Rod got first, not Viv & Joey

Sorry :P I've only got the internet updates to rely on 'til tomorrow. Thanks

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 04:27:31 AM »
Wow! This episode was so very interesting! A crazy penultimate leg is always good! Bangkok was a good setting, it was raining, the tasks weren't too difficult, but they were challenging I thought!

So saddened about Tom & Tyler! They won EIGHT legs and they were the most dominant team all season! U-Turned on Leg 11 (never a good idea) and lost a footrace by a few seconds! Bring them back for All-Stars if TAR Australia ever does so!

It's the Finale tomorrow! The season has gone quick! I feel that Tim & Rod will win the season, due to them being the dominate team left. However, Viv & Joey are from Melbourne and of course, I do have a slight bias towards them!  :-[

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 04:31:39 AM »
Kinda sad that Tom and Tyler are out, will not watch the show already. Hoping Tim and Rod wins, Jasmin and Jerome is the most undeserving team to win after U-turning 3 teams in a season. Viv and Joey is quite weak.
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 04:55:44 AM »
Kinda sad that Tom and Tyler are out, will not watch the show already. Hoping Tim and Rod wins, Jasmin and Jerome is the most undeserving team to win after U-turning 3 teams in a season. Viv and Joey is quite weak.

What's wrong with u-turning a team?

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 05:06:33 AM »
And the Final 3 is...

Show content
1st - Tim & Rod. Trip to Northern Territory, Australia
2nd - Viv & Joey
3rd - Jasmin & Jerome

Tom & Tyler 4th and eliminated! :o :o :o

Show content
What? I wasn't expecting them to not survive the uturn. Wow. So a contender would fall tease, would fit better this time around.

Offline inabw809

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 05:17:36 AM »

Jasmin and Jerome wouldn't have had the numbers in voting for any other team instead of Tim and Rod back in Malawi, so don't really get what's wrong with their decision to U-Turn.

Plus, two of those teams have ended up bouncing back in those legs anyway.

Offline rph

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 05:41:15 AM »
iam annoyed!

Tim and Rod for Win then!

i wanted Tom and Tyler to set a record!

Offline aussieamazingracer

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 07:37:34 AM »
What an amazing leg!! :conf:

The tasks were really awesome and unique! - especially loved the denture fitting Roadblock! Both detour options were great and culturally relevant - both seemed evenly balanced. The two ARI's were also fun with the final statute making task determining the eventual outcome. Lots of placement shuffles as well!

However, I'm not a huge fan of a U-Turn in the F4 nor the idea of voting U-turns - I think the U-turn should stay after the detour and only be used on a first-come first-served basis. It would have been good if we could have seen the voting - TARAu2 did this the best at the pit start of the leg.

In saying that, I was personally happy with the outcome - Tom/Tyler dominating doesn't always make for a great season, despite how likable they were! It gave me Andy/Tommy TAR 19 vibes. After all, the boys arrived at the last ARI in 3rd and were overtaken by Jasmin/Jerome at the end. I did feel sorry for them after running such a great race.

Love all the final three teams, but rooting for Jasmin/Jerome! The casting this season is pretty exceptional :cheer: Bring on tomorrow!

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 08:32:53 AM »
It was a fantastic leg.
At the same time, yes, they were dominating the race with their 8 wins to the point that it was getting boring, but they were so likable, as they were never cocky about that achievement. Andy and Tommy elimination really comes to mind,
This has been the first leg that the Uturn actually made sense, considering that both previous incursions, were both in non-elim legs.
Uturning T/T was the smart move at this point. Alliances shouldn't weight more at this point of the race. It should be about improving your chances at winning the race. It was sad seeing all the 3 teams that were part of that alliance together at the mat.
T/T was almost not affected at the end, if they didn't stumble during the Ganesh challenge, they might've survived. 

Despite being sad that Tom & Tyler did not make the finale, can't say I am sad about the final 3 line-up. Those are 3 great teams.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:12:30 AM by NumfarPTB »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 09:41:09 AM »
What a great leg!!!

I understand the boys to be sad, but come on! You have to understand the reasons for the other 3 teams to U-turn you, friendship or not... You won 8 out of 10 legs lol  :groan:

And again with this leg, without the U-Turn, they most probably win this leg again because they were the first one to finish.

I have a strong feeling Jasmin/Jerome are going to win.

My final prediction:

1) Jasmin and Jerome
2) Tim and Rod
3) Viv and Joey

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 11:02:39 AM »
What is it about Bangkok where teams are able to slip in unnoticed? It happened on Canada 5, Israel 6, and now Australia 4. Thailand and especially Bangkok are locations that should deliver more often than they do. This episode was certainly not without drama considering the elimination. It's crazy that Tom & Tyler were seconds away from making the top 3 and were really done in by the U-Turn. Tom & Tyler's bitterness over the U-Turn was not a good look. It's the penultimate leg, teams should be focusing on winning and not making it to the end with their friends.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 11:42:12 AM »
Best episode of the season  :conf: :conf:
Tom & Tyler finally eliminated. They are likeable but this race could be the most boring season in all franchise if they keep winning 'til the end. Even though not a fan of U-turn in the final 4, the other teams finally use the right strategy. Small chance for them to beat Tom & Tyler in the finale

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 12:42:09 PM »
The boys are the frontrunner all season long, this is so wrong
Oh stop it probst

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 07:43:40 PM »
I don't mind being a hypocrite in admitting that I don't mind a team dominating all season (Tom & Tyler, Treasuri & Louisa, Natalie & Meaghan) if they are a likeable team or a team I just like. If it were a team I wasn't particularly fond of (Hello Tyler & Korey!), then absolutely I would love to see them get U-Turned or/AND Yielded in the Penultimate Leg and eliminated :clap2: :clap2: lol

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 09:25:30 PM »
Wait a sec, they are doing TARUS S26 Thai leg, what a memory Beeergen team eating those rotten eggs
Oh stop it probst