Author Topic: TAR Australia 4 Episode 10 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread!  (Read 1438 times)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4 Episode 10 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread!
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2019, 10:12:00 AM »
I really love four African legs, but Tyler and Tom wins this ugh

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2019, 10:17:13 AM »
Definitely preferred this leg to the one from yesterday. Nice to have some suspense over a leg win even if it did just result in Tom & Tyler tying the single season leg record. It's been assumed that teams left in intervals and it doesn't bother me considering Vietnam, China, & Israel all do that as well. The tasks were all pretty good and luckily for the show (and unluckily for the teams) that Lake Malawi was all churned up for the start. Femi & Nick didn't even know how they got that far, so ten legs was a surprise.

Online dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2019, 02:37:05 PM »
Tom & Tyler are so interesting. They've won all these Legs, but I don't feel like they're this overly dominant team. Like when you think of Natalie & Meaghan or Rachel & Dave or Marc & Rovilson, they really did dominate their seasons. Like their wins came very easy for them. But for Tom & Tyler, I don't really feel that way. They're obviously a very good team and rarely make mistakes, if any. But I think they've had quite a bit of good luck this Race as well.

Plus, it's not like they've had weak competition. This is a strong Final 4 and a few eliminated teams also had a shot at Leg wins too.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2019, 05:26:08 PM »
:( sad to see Nick and Femi go. They seemed like really good people.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2019, 06:25:39 PM »
Tom and Tyler said it themselves, they've just been really lucky. I thought the sisters were the strongest team this season, but as we all know this race can just come down to luck.

I'm gunning for Jasmine and Jerome to win it all. It's not often here in Australia we see Indigenous people on reality TV, and they are definitely doing their community proud.

I obviously haven't enjoyed the lack of travel drama (everyone on the same flight, pit starts bunched together etc) but I can't imagine the budget was as big as the American franchise, hence why they've had to keep the race so tight - they can't have room for error as it costs a lot more.

For what I imagine to be a small budget, I've actually really enjoyed the route and especially having fewer teams race in Africa (which we don't see on the American version).

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2019, 02:41:44 AM »
I like Tom/Tyler, but the race is becoming boring coz they win every leg. I feel like i'm watching TAR 20 & 27

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2019, 03:18:16 AM »
Bye Femi & Nick, we all love u
Oh stop it probst

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2019, 03:38:55 AM »
A bit anti-climatic. The promo do over-blow things.

We had that Tom & Tyler moment from the promo a few weeks ago, that didn't even get into play during the leg itself.
In the previous leg, what the promo called the biggest comeback in race history, still nothing compared to Jet & Cord, getting 1st, in a leg that they had a Speed Bump. There might be other examples of bigger comebacks that what Tim & Rod had.

The promo overplayed the penalty aspect for this leg, and it just ended up being an punishment from the official task itself, not something super dramatic. Even if someone had gotten 1 answer wrong, that would still be a one minute penalty. I kept expecting Femi & Nick to actually catch-up in the Pit-Stop, and lose in the penalty roll. Might have to watch it again, but was it just me, they would've probably been gotten a penalty for the RB, when the inactive racer "helping too much", when they were struggling.  They didn't catch-up and the conclusion  was quite anti-climatic. The promo said a contender would fall. Other than the fact that they did made it into the final 5, were they really a contender? I never got that impression myself.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2019, 03:46:20 AM »
That's nothing new to TAR Australia, their promos have a history of being fiendishly misleading. I mostly think back to the implied brawl in Season 3 by juxtaposing two unrelated scenes in Namibia together.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2019, 07:19:11 AM »
Tom & Tyler are so interesting. They've won all these Legs, but I don't feel like they're this overly dominant team. Like when you think of Natalie & Meaghan or Rachel & Dave or Marc & Rovilson, they really did dominate their seasons. Like their wins came very easy for them. But for Tom & Tyler, I don't really feel that way. They're obviously a very good team and rarely make mistakes, if any. But I think they've had quite a bit of good luck this Race as well.

Plus, it's not like they've had weak competition. This is a strong Final 4 and a few eliminated teams also had a shot at Leg wins too.

I agree with you! They got lucky for South Korea 2 to overtake Viv/Joey at the last minute. Vietnam 1 should have been Hayley/Mickaela's leg, but T/T got reallllllyyyy lucky at the roadblock. This last leg, again without the quiz it was V/J. They got 1 fast forward, etc.

And they are likable (I don't really like this kind of team usually but I like them). But it is never good tv to see a team dominate like that.

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2019, 07:45:18 AM »
My final placement predictions:

4th. Viv/Joey
3rd. Tim/Rod
2nd. Tom/Tyler
1st. Jasmin/Jerome

I still predict, and want, J/J to be the winners.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2019, 07:51:47 AM »
I thought the latest episode was better than the previous one somehow, yet it seemed so overloaded with confessionals to tell the story (often just stating the very obvious).  Maybe that's a problem with the season, the producers can't be  bothered editing the live footage and just fall back on confessionals probably done after the show was over.  It can add to the budget feel.  Maybe most of the teams don't offer much to edit, but that's down to the casting.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2019, 04:11:26 AM »
So the next 2 eps is on the same week?
Oh stop it probst

Online Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2019, 04:39:09 AM »
So the next 2 eps is on the same week?

Yes.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies