Author Topic: TAR AUS 5: Now Casting!  (Read 3851 times)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR AUS 5: Now Casting!
« on: December 02, 2019, 04:08:49 AM »
During the commercials tonight it's been announced applications for season 5 are open!

Filming from June-July 2020

https://10play.com.au/the-amazing-race-australia/articles/apply-for-the-amazing-race-australia-season-2/tpa191127npasz
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 06:59:12 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TAR AUs 5: Now Casting!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 04:19:15 AM »
I missed the age requirement by ONE MONTH  :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

Applications are due by July 7 and I turn 18 on August 6...  :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 04:28:21 AM »
Hmmm interesting clause has been included, I wonder if this is new?

At any time before, during or after the submission of this application, we will notify the Producer if we have or are being investigated or have been charged or convicted with a criminal offence including having an AVO issued. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 06:48:21 AM »
Awesome news!

In the USA Bourkie...filming age usually has to be by filming date...not always by application date.  }:>
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 06:58:48 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR AUS 5: Now Casting!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 12:17:20 PM »
https://go.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/ATC2020

The Amazing Race Australia

This is an incredible opportunity to travel around the world on the adventure of a lifetime with your favourite person!

Be part of a TV competition with a huge cash prize of $250,000.

One of you can complete the application on behalf of your team however make sure you have both read the Terms and Conditions.  To submit you will need a super short video of you together.  Don't edit the video, script or rehearse - just hit record and upload. 

Applications closing Sunday 7th of July midnight!    :funny:

You need to be 18+
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 12:49:15 PM »
Swarm stupidity

Offline aussieamazingracer

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 05:33:01 PM »
Think I will apply! I doubt I'd get cast though hahaha :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 05:37:30 PM »
A lot of racers have said that! Go for it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 11:26:14 PM »
Aussies if you are eligible and are able to apply, GO FOR IT! This really is a once in a lifetime chance NOT to be missed!

In the USA Bourkie...filming age usually has to be by filming date...not always by application date.  }:>

I have no time in 2020 sadly! My final year of education is stopping me from travelling around the world! Plus, I don't have a passport!  :funny: Anywho, watch out in Season 6 in 2021 everyone!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 12:08:49 AM »
Here's a link to the Casting Announcement Page

https://10play.com.au/the-amazing-race-australia/articles/apply-for-the-amazing-race-australia-season-2/tpa191127npasz

While here's a link where you can actually apply...

https://go.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/ATC2020

We are at least 18 years of age and are either an Australian or New Zealand citizen or resident
A five-week filming period between the dates of June to July 2020

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 04:17:55 AM »
FWIW that application deadline is wrong as its after the start of filming. Looks to be from last year as 7 July 2020 is a Tuesday. I imagine they'll update it shortly.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 04:23:53 AM by ovalorange »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 11:20:57 PM »
If you watched newlyweds Tim and Rod swim, sprint and jump their way to the finish line and thought, 'I could do that' then now is your time to put your name in the running.

Applications are already open for 'The Amazing Race Australia' mere hours after the Northern Territory finale starring Tim and Rod, Jasmin and Jerome and Viv and Joey wrapped up.

A warning that the competition isn't for the faint of heart and, if selected, you might have to ride an unruly camel, complete a stressful boot camp, jump out of a plane and tame a wild horse.

But the most difficult aspect of 'The Amazing Race Australia' is picking a partner in crime that you'll still want to talk to after facing those kinds of challenges together.

As winners Tim and Rod told 10 daily after their win, the show is really "make or break" for relationships -- and we're inclined to guess it's the same for friendships and, to a lesser extent, family ties (mostly because you can bounce back quicker after yelling at a sibling).

If none of those chilling warnings bother you (or you'd do anything it takes to win $250,000) then you can head along to the casting site and begin filling out you and your teammate's details.

You'll also have to upload a short video (max three minutes) and make sure you don't get fancy with any editing or music because producers want to see you in all your natural glory -- warts and all.

See you in 2020!

https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191204ngrzq/prepare-your-backyard-obstacle-course-because-applications-for-the-amazing-race-2020-are-already-open-20191204?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D43516253529426626213030165139620024700%7CMCORGID%3D508F0C3A53DB1A8A0A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1575523149