Author Topic: CASTING  (Read 10515 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
CASTING
« on: October 31, 2019, 06:47:54 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: CASTING
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 01:33:07 PM »
Still waiting for my callback.... lol :lol:

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 10:47:44 AM »
6 more days to get your application in for the Amazing Race Canada 8!!!! Got ours in the other day  :cheer:

Offline TurkishDelight

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 02:22:46 AM »
It's definitely not going to be an All Star Year, I know of 3 different teams, BY NAME, that have already gone through the casting process, and they are told they will hear back near the end of February 2020 if they make it as one of the main teams, or as an alternate team.

Loose lips in Vancouver will sink the "secrecy" TAR is so desperately seeking. They just finished up their casting at The Fairmont Vancouver this past Sunday.

I'll release the names soon, real soon...

Oh and, I know of an additional 2 teams in Toronto, and 1 team in Calgary that have been called as well. Loud mouth people who claim they want to be on the show really need to learn to keep their mouths shut, especially the all women teams.

Maybe they get too excited?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 03:46:21 AM »
It's definitely not going to be an All Star Year, I know of 3 different teams, BY NAME, that have already gone through the casting process, and they are told they will hear back near the end of February 2020 if they make it as one of the main teams, or as an alternate team.

Loose lips in Vancouver will sink the "secrecy" TAR is so desperately seeking. They just finished up their casting at The Fairmont Vancouver this past Sunday.

Oh and, I know of an additional 2 teams in Toronto, and 1 team in Calgary that have been called as well. Loud mouth people who claim they want to be on the show really need to learn to keep their mouths shut, especially the all women teams.

I think it would be an all-newbie cast like most of the seasons.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 02:14:41 PM »

LOL - knowing the format and keeping eyes on production social media feeds one can find out a lot and surmise a lot - they were just in Vancouver and have now moved on to Calgary.

Offline TurkishDelight

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 06:58:51 PM »

LOL - knowing the format and keeping eyes on production social media feeds one can find out a lot and surmise a lot - they were just in Vancouver and have now moved on to Calgary.

Yeah sure that's true, but if you actually read what I wrote, which clearly you DID NOT, what I'm saying here, Linda, is I know the names of some of the interviewed groups because people can't keep their mouths shut..

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 08:15:41 PM »

Yeah sure that's true, but if you actually read what I wrote, which clearly you DID NOT, what I'm saying here, Linda, is I know the names of some of the interviewed groups because people can't keep their mouths shut..

Yes, I did read your WHOLE post.

Let’s see what happens shall we. TARC is very specific in the audition phase not to post on social media, to keep things confidential, etc. The Producers have been doing this for a while and I’m sure they’ve never seen that before. :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 11:57:42 PM »

Why would you want to release their names and potentially ruin their chances? ???

And as a woman I find a general reference to all women being loose lipped and too excitable... rather chauvinistic and offensive?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 02:37:55 AM »
And by leaking it, it means they won't be on, which means you'll be wrong  :funny:

It's much better to sit on info and make something of it rather than blabbing to the world prematurely lol.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2019, 07:37:23 AM »

Looks like there might be another loud mouth out there.  :talk

:drama

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2019, 10:20:19 AM »
Yeah if I knew of teams that did the interview part, I would wait a bit and if I see them in the live sighting pics, I would reveal dramatically the information! Then you will be a hero (kind of..)

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2019, 05:25:43 PM »
Loud mouth people who claim they want to be on the show really need to learn to keep their mouths shut, especially the all women teams.

The lousy 'all women teams' comment aside, the only person blabbing about anything is you, and the minute you do it shoots down any chance of those teams becoming teams that appear on the show, which kind of makes the information worthless to begin.

Unless the show is actively filming the information is pretty much useless and, theoretically, could delay filming if leaked.  It's not impressive.

Offline AmazingRaceCanadaROCKS

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 10:51:10 AM »
Can't wait to see season 8. I would assume all main teams and alternate teams would have been contacted in December so that the show can focus on planning the challenges. I read somewhere up to  100 couples get the live interview process before they whittle it down. I'm always surprised to see entrants post still waiting for the call. Do you all know? I'm new to this but patience is the word. Still looking forward to another season!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 08:00:19 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 04:09:57 PM »
Welcome to RRF AmazingRaceCanadaROCKS!  :waves:

Last year they announced on Facebook that teams had been chosen towards the end of January. I think it will be earlier as the cut off was earlier for Season 8. I can't wait to meet the teams!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2020, 08:01:06 AM »
Can't wait to see season 8. I would assume all main teams and alternate teams would have been contacted in December so that the show can focus on planning the challenges. I read somewhere up to  100 couples get the live interview process before they whittle it down. I'm always surprised to see entrants post still waiting for the call. Do you all know? I'm new to this but patience is the word. Still looking forward to another season

We all love TAR and are looking forward to a new season from the US, Canada, and AUs! 

:bigwelcome to RFF and enjoy!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 03:34:08 PM »
The word is out - Producers have cast the next season of TAR Canada !

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7EhKhhpVqP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"Thank you to everyone who applied for #AmazingRaceCanada Season 8! Teams moving on to the next stage of casting have been contacted. Can't wait for another AMAZING season on @CTV!"