Author Topic: TAR Australia 4: Viv & Joey (Siblings)  (Read 636 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The best shows out there!
TAR Australia 4: Viv & Joey (Siblings)
« on: October 22, 2019, 01:59:06 AM »

Viv & Joey (Siblings) (Melbourne, Victoria)

Melbourne based siblings, Viv and Joey are often underestimated because of their height. Measuring four foot five inches, and five foot two inches respectively, the pair were often made fun of growing up, but now embrace their size and see it as an advantage in the race.

What the pair may lack in height, they more than make up for with their charisma, determination and in Joey’s case, eating. Joey has a knack for seeking out all the best culinary delights on his travel adventures isn’t averse in polishing off whatever is left on Viv's plate.

Together, Viv and Joey have travelled to the USA, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Macau.
I enjoy ''The Big Three' Reality TV shows!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4: Viv & Joey (Siblings)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 02:00:10 AM »
Viv, 25

What are you looking forward to the most on The Amazing Race Australia?
Having the opportunity to travel around the world and visit amazing places that I haven't been to before, as well as living out our childhood dream of being on the race. Joey and I grew up watching the show together, and family and friends have always said that we’d be the funniest pair to watch!
What is the biggest challenge or weakness you’ll need to overcome? I'm not particularly strong (physically) so I think I’ll have difficulty getting through these types of challenges.
Tell us a bit about your life and upbringing? My siblings and I are all first generation Australian born and our parents were refugees from Vietnam who migrated over to Australia in the 80s. Mum is an amazing home cook and loves to entertain, so our home was always filled with friends and delicious food.

Joey, 28

What is the biggest challenge or weakness you’ll need to overcome?
I'm super reliant on technology, like having Google Maps tell me where to go, or using Google Translate to communicate in a foreign language. Having no technology is going to be a massive challenge!
What is your go-to tip for getting through a longhaul flight? Make friends with the flight attendants so that they give you extra food and snacks!
What’s the worst part of travelling with your teammate? Viv can sometimes be very stubborn and when disagreements arise, this makes it very hard to communicate with her. In situations like this, it's usually her way or the highway.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 02:00:32 AM »
Saved for any videos featuring Viv & Joey!

Check back soon!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 02:00:49 AM »
Saved!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 11:22:44 PM »
A few of the 'Amazing Race Australia' teams have had luck on their side and Viv and Joey are definitely two very lucky siblings.

The mighty siblings have been a blast to watch as they tackled challenges, worked together and worked to ignore Joey's misdirected motivation during quiet sewing time.

But there's no denying out of all the teams, these two have caught some VERY lucky breaks.

Remembering the dreaded camel challenge during the fifth leg of the race while the teams were in Mongolia, Viv and Joey went waaaaaay off course. While Nick and Femi may be famous for not knowing how to read a compass, Viv and Joey actually were the ones to get completely lost.

In fact, had Chris not fallen off his camel and busted his ribs so badly that he and Adrienne had to leave the race, it would have been Viv and Joey that were sent packing.

The siblings had to fight pretty hard to get back towards the front of the pack, battling Vladimir Putin's traffic jam in the next leg.

But things really weren't going there way during leg eight of the race, where Viv and Joey struggled carrying buckets of water to a village chief. The physical challenge took its toll and the brother-sister duo fell to last place.

Arriving on the pit stop mat, what Viv and Joey didn't know was that they had arrived with barely 40 seconds left on Sid and Ash's time penalty, meaning they had scraped through with just SECONDS to go and had sent the Influencers home.

Once again, on tonight's Malawi leg, Viv and Joey were battling through it and though they were making good time on some of the challenges, their brick-building wasn't up to scratch and when it came time to hunt for puzzle pieces in the ocean, the pair fell even further behind.

Hitting the pit stop mat in last place once again, the pair were in pretty good spirits. And those spirits only improved when Beau told them they had narrowly avoided elimination once again.

It was a non-elimination leg!

It was still amazing to see Viv and Joey never give up when it came to pushing through and getting to that pit stop. Here's hoping luck is on their side and our favourite mighty siblings power through all the way to the end.

'The Amazing Race Australia' Airs Mondays And Tuesdays From 7.30 pm, Only On 10 And WIN Network

Source: https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191125mdwig/amazing-race-australia-all-of-viv-and-joeys-near-misses-so-far-20191125?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D54714152901846776402136091882378894383%7CMCORGID%3D508F0C3A53DB1A8A0A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1574745372

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 09:27:33 AM »
Really loving this team!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 08:33:47 PM »
Despite a slow start to the final leg, a stroke of puppy luck meant Viv and Joey Dinh were ahead of the other two teams towards the end of the race.

But when teams had to kayak out to find puzzle pieces, the mighty siblings struggled and were the last to return with all their pieces.

Thankfully, Joey and Viv had a secret weapon. Throughout the entire competition, the duo had kept extensive journals of every leg of the race.

"We were allowed to bring a blank notebook with us," Joey told 10 daily after the final leg, "so we'd make notes, jotting down what each country's flag looked like, who the pit stop greeters were, names of temples, we wrote down everything."

Superfans of the show, the pair knew there was a potential for past aspects of the race to be brought back up again, so when each puzzle piece had clues relating to certain legs, Joey and Viv were prepared. Unfortunately, the puzzle was a lot trickier than simply putting pieces together.

Making up time lost while kayaking, Viv and Joey closed the gap between Tim and Rod and Jasmin and Jerome, "but figuring out the puzzle itself... I still get PTSD thinking about it" Joey said.

"It was so abstract, it was one of those puzzles that you either know it or you don't, like a Rubix cube. It wasn't logical," he said.

Stumbling on the last challenge, the duo came in third -- but the race still forged a strong bond between them both.

Choking back tears, Joey told Beau at the final pit stop, "Viv just needs to stop underestimating herself, she's done so well. She can do everything!"

"Joey's a champ," Viv added through tears, "He smashed it in a lot of roadblocks, I wouldn't have gotten to the final three without him."

When he spoke to 10 daily, Joey admitted that for a lot of the race he had hoped to take a step back and let Viv lead more.

"I like to take control, I know that," he said, "I probably should have let her lead. I'd love for her to have done more roadblocks, it's just when you read the clues and you don't know what to expect, we just wanted to take the safe option.

The pair also had some close calls throughout the race, narrowly avoiding elimination due to other teams' injuries, penalties or the odd non-elimination round.

"It was an emotional roller coaster," Joey said, "It did my head in. You can't predict anything that'll happen in the race."

"[The Amazing Race] brought us closer in a way," he added, "we had never been together -- this close with no contact with the outside world. You're stuck with each other 24/7. In a way, it was challenging... Viv definitely got sick of me more than I did of her!"

Source: https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191203udbkg/it-brought-us-closer-siblings-viv-and-joey-celebrate-their-third-place-amazing-race-australia-journey-20191203

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Grêmio FBPA
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 08:34:12 PM »
They really won my heart. Really pushed each other to the limits and finished the race giving it their all. Beautiful!
Freedom is a lonely road.