Author Topic: TAR Australia 4: Rowah & Amani (Mother/Daughter)  (Read 442 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The best shows out there!
TAR Australia 4: Rowah & Amani (Mother/Daughter)
« on: October 22, 2019, 01:50:52 AM »

Rowah & Amani (Mother/Daughter) (New South Wales)

Rowah and Amani are a fierce mother-daughter duo, who are ready to box-jump past the competition.

Boss lady Rowah owns three gyms and works tirelessly within her community to give back to those less fortunate. Amani is studying a Bachelor of Fashion and is passionate about creating modest clothing for Muslim women.

Both practicing Muslims, Rowah and Amani see the race as their chance to empower women and break stereotypes.

They believe they have the mental and physical fitness needed to succeed in the race and hope this experience will bring them even closer together.
I enjoy ''The Big Three' Reality TV shows!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4: Rowah & Amani (Mother/Daughter)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 01:52:12 AM »
Rowah, 42

What was the biggest challenge you have faced in your life?
Getting divorced, becoming a single mum and having to have to close my gym and relocate.
Tell us a bit about your life and upbringing? My upbringing was amazing and beautiful. I have two sisters, a brother and a lot of cousins who are truly like sisters and brothers. We lived with two of my uncles, their wives and their kids - I always say I have three dads and mothers. My parents always supported me. My father and his brothers open up a Lebanese bakery and the family business has allowed us to all stay connected.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Amazing Race? To learn more about my daughter, to empower women and of course to win.

Amani, 18
What was the best place you’ve ever visited?
New Zealand was by far one of the greatest adventures. I took the plunge and bungee jumped for the first time, went on the world’s largest swing, went white-waterrafting and experienced the most scenic views while we road tripped.
What excites you most about travelling? Nothing is more eye-opening than surrounding yourself with another culture that chooses to live their lives completely different to yours. Travel can give you the blank white sheet - the chance to start fresh and explore another side of your personality. With travel comes challenges and the more challenges you take on, the more confident in yourself you become.
What scares you most about travel? What scares me is the food since I’m a picky eater.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 01:52:39 AM »
Saved for all videos featuring Rowah & Amani!

Check back soon!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 01:53:27 AM »
Saved!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 02:04:50 AM »
Muslim mother and daughter duo Rowah and Amani are joining 'The Amazing Race' to break stereotypes and prove that all women -- no matter what religion or race -- can do anything they put their mind to.

Boss lady Rowah, 42, owns three gyms and works tirelessly within her community to give back to those less fortunate while Amani, 18, is studying a Bachelor of Fashion, and together this unstoppable duo is hoping their experience on 'The Amazing Race Australia' will empower other women and break stereotypes about their religion.

"We are really hoping to empower women -- and not just our fellow Muslim women -- but women in general," Rowah began, "I want to encourage them to get out of their comfort zone and just do something different while you are still capable."

Amani added, "You've just got to get out there and do it. I never would have thought I was capable of doing all that stuff that I did."

She continued, "I surprised myself, to be honest, I think we both did -- I'm really proud of us."

Rowah agreed, adding, "I think women are powerful in themselves just being women.

The tough twosome believes that their advantage against the other teams in 'The Amazing Race' lies in both their physical fitness as well as the fact that they are family, and therefore used to being in a variety of situations together with their contrasting personalities.

"I think we balance each other out," Amani said, adding, "I'm relaxed and calm while mums a bit more like 'hurry up!' so it kind of balances out."

She continued, "I knew how mum worked at that stage and what got her stressed, so I'd just let her have a little tantrum and come back once she'd calmed down.

"She's my mum at the end of the day, so you can get over it, we don't hold grudges and would move on and go to the next thing".

The Amazing Race Australia' will premiere Monday, October 28 at 7.30 on Network 10 and WIN Network.

Source: https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191017oisdy/women-are-powerful-rowah-and-amani-are-doing-it-for-the-girls-on-the-amazing-race-20191025?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D43516253529426626213030165139620024700%7CMCORGID%3D508F0C3A53DB1A8A0A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1571985598

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 04:56:26 PM »
Rowah and Amani have made a narrow escape from elimination after a disastrous day in Hanoi.

The mother-daughter team started the Vietnam leg off strongly, making it from the airport to the water puppet theatre in second place, behind influencers Sid and Ash.

But they soon lost any advantage their headstart had afforded them after missing the crucial clues they needed to get to their next location -- four words in Vietnamese written on the collars of the aquatic dragon puppets.

"I need to find someone with four dragons," Rowah said, before the pair ran out to the streets of Hanoi in search of their next clue, frantically asking locals if they knew of any nearby dragons.

It was a trap that everyone from the first theatre session had fallen into and after a hopeless dragon hunt, Rowah and Amani, Femi and Nick and Sid and Ash were back at the water puppet theatre with their pens and notepads.

After getting a little closer to those elusive dancing dragons, the teams worked out that they had to make their way to 'Ben Xe Giap Bat' bus station and jump a ride to Ninh Binh where the worst part of the day was still yet to come.

After teams chose to either collect snails from the river or row a boat with their feet, they made their way to the Lang Khanh restaurant for a lunch break that wasn't exactly relaxing.

One member from each team was faced with a table groaning with 300 packets of young green rice, with just nine of the parcels containing the coins needed to proceed to the next clue.

Every parcel that was opened but didn't contain a coin had to be consumed before another could be unwrapped, and the local delicacy wasn't exactly enjoyed by most of the teams.

"I feel like I need to vomit," said Amani, in tears as she chewed through the crunchy, spicy rice above the sounds of firefighter Chris chundering into a bucket nearby.

"Coffee does make the vomit coming up a little bit smoother," Chris helpfully said.

A very emotional Amani was cheered on from the sidelines by her also teary mum, nearly giving up at one point, ready to throw in the towel and never look at a grain of green rice again.

"I don't want to do any more," she said between sobs and dry heaves.

"I'm not going to let you give up, you're not someone who gives up," her mum firmly replied.

And with that, she opened one last packet, like Charlie Bucket finding a golden ticket, and finally got her hands on the elusive coin. A crowd of Vietnamese locals embarrassingly cheered them on for finally finishing a bit of rice and they made their way to the pitstop, broken and dejected.

Most likely knowing they were in last place, the duo plodded along towards Beau, with Amani apologising to her mum for struggling with the challenge.

"You did so well, I'm proud of you," Rowah promised her daughter.

The pair were still sobbing as Beau informed them they had arrived last and had accepted their fate until... the host added that he had "one more thing to say".

"This is a non-elimination leg and you are still in the race," he said.

Which only meant more crying but it was happy crying and Rowah and Amani live to race another day in Vietnam.

'The Amazing Race Australia' Airs Mondays And Tuesdays From 7.30 pm, Only On 10 And WIN Network.

Source: https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191104pganq/im-so-proud-of-you-rowah-and-amani-narrowly-avoid-elimination-20191104?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D43516253529426626213030165139620024700%7CMCORGID%3D508F0C3A53DB1A8A0A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1572907039

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 07:39:42 PM »
Rowah and Amani managed to escape elimination during their first day in Vietnam, only to land in last place again after another gruelling day.

The mother-daughter duo might have had a chance to stay in the race if they hadn't been thrown a Speed Bump that meant they had to painstakingly put together five 2kg bundles of incense instead of four like all the other duos.

Already behind, they had to deal with the sweltering heat as they wore and painted traditional masks then raced through a temple in search of a Buddha with two feet on an animal.

But it was a particularly memorable challenge from the day before that set them so far behind in the race and pushed Amani to breaking point -- the eating challenge in Ninh Binh where she gorged on dry, crunchy, spicy green rice.

"That challenge nearly broke me, I was at the edge," Amani told 10 daily over the phone after their elimination.

"I knew we were coming last so I was like, ‘What’s the point of eating more rice if I know that we’re last?’ kind of thing," she added.

The challenge was almost more difficult for her mum, who had to watch her daughter weep and vomit her way through rice parcel after rice parcel -- but it was Rowah's cheerleading from the sidelines that helped her to push on.

"I was willing to just give it all up and mum was like, 'No you’re not doing that, you’re not a quitter', and I was like, 'Okay, fine.'"

The concern in Rowah's voice for Amani's stressful round of eating (without the coffee to wash it down because she doesn't drink it) made us wonder if she wished she'd taken her daughter's place.

"No! I probably would have had diarrhoea for a week after that," laughed Rowah, adding, "I’m in my 40s, she’s a teenager, she can handle it!"

Amani explained that her friends have been calling her "a sooky la-la" for baulking at "eating some rice" but overall, the support she and her mother have received has been overwhelming.

"I’m not going to say we weren’t ready to go home by then because we were honestly… the heat really bothered us and I started missing my boy," Rowah told 10 daily.

"But now seeing the support that we’ve had, it makes me wish we’d pushed a little bit harder," she added.

At the same time, the pair gave 110 percent on their final day in the race -- but simply couldn't overcome the time-consuming setback of putting together an extra bundle of incense.

"We did everything right but it was literally just that Speed Bump," said Amani.

"We were pretty much in the sun for hours just picking up sticks and putting them together. We ended up catching up to everybody, which gave us a little bit of hope with the painting and all that but that Speed Bump really got the better of us."

After nearly being sent home the day before, and knowing they were coming last, Rowah and Amani were prepared when Beau informed them that they'd be heading home.

"We knew already, we were like, ‘Yeah we’re going home’, Amani explained.

"I think we just kind of saw it coming," she added.

Rowah agreed, saying that by the time they reached Beau, they were "content and happy" knowing they gave it their all.

"We never quit, Amani was phenomenal, we gave it 110 percent. We can honestly say we pushed ourselves to break. We were sad to go and leave everybody because everybody was amazing from the producers to Beau to everybody.

"That saddened us, but we were ready to go home."

'The Amazing Race Australia' Airs Mondays And Tuesdays From 7.30 pm, Only On 10 And WIN Network.

Source: https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191105stlrw/i-was-willing-to-just-give-it-all-up-the-challenge-that-nearly-broke-rowah-and-amani-20191105?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D43516253529426626213030165139620024700%7CMCORGID%3D508F0C3A53DB1A8A0A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1573004187