Author Topic: TAR Australia 4: Hayley & Mikayla (Sisters)  (Read 434 times)

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The best shows out there!
TAR Australia 4: Hayley & Mikayla (Sisters)
« on: October 22, 2019, 01:41:13 AM »
Picture to come soon! :)

Hayley & Mikayla (Siblings) (Queensland)

Driven and determined sisters Hayley and Mikayla are so competitive, they’re banned from family board game nights. These ladies have excelled in everything from academics to sports and even crab fishing.

Pharmacist Hayley is a walking Rocky theme song. Once she locks in on a target, she won’t rest until the mission’s complete.

As a vet, younger sister Mikayla is used to thinking outside the box and keeping calm under pressure. Mischievous, funny and optimistic, Hayley and Mikayla are ready to let their girl power flag fly and show the boys how it’s done.
I enjoy ''The Big Three' Reality TV shows!

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4: Hayley & Mikyala (Sisters)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 01:42:38 AM »
Hayley, 29

Are you a good packer? What is your preferred packing method?
I am known for my packing skills. I recently got questioned in customs for only taking a small back pack overseas. Cube-packing and vacuum-packing bags are my go-to packing methods. Plus less is more if you choose the right items.
What type of people do you find it difficult to get along with? Those that are arrogant and cocky. But I like the challenge of knocking them down a few pegs.
What is the biggest challenge or weakness you’ll need to overcome? I have a fear of escalators and snakes. If there are snakes on an escalator… that would be my worst nightmare.

Mikayla, 24
Do you have any travel horror stories?
Due to a technical error, oxygen masks were accidentally deployed on a flight with the corresponding alarm system warning the cabin. I am already a very bad flyer, so this wasn’t a good time for me.
What are you looking forward to the least on The Amazing Race Australia? Finding gluten-free food in countries with foreign languages. It sometimes can be very tricky travelling with coeliac disease.
What type of people do you find it difficult to get along with? People who always think the glass is half-empty and can’t appreciate what they have.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 02:35:22 AM by BourkieBoy »

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4: Hayley & Milkayla (Sisters)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 01:43:48 AM »
Saved for any videos featuring Hayley & Mikayla!

Check back soon!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 02:35:07 AM by BourkieBoy »

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4: Hayley & Mikayla (Sisters)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 01:44:21 AM »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 02:34:57 AM by BourkieBoy »

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 07:58:02 PM »
It's not every team that can blame the President of Russia for having a role in their elimination from a reality TV show.

But for Hayley and Mikayla, luck certainly wasn't on their side when it came to 'The Amazing Race' and neither, it appears, was Putin.

Speaking to 10 daily via the phone after they were the last team to check-in at the pit stop at Mongolia's Chingisiin Khuree, the Foruria sisters said lucky truly wasn't on their side.

The first challenge saw the seven remaining teams digging through sand dunes for their next clue with the sisters and nurses Nick and Femi digging for four hours before they had exceeded the challenge's time limit.

"It was so hot," Hayley said, "It's surprising how much you need your hand and fingers to dig with. Some of the other teams thought it was a great idea to dig with their water bottles in the middle of the desert,"  she said before coughing Nick and Femi's names, "but my hands were so sore for maybe a week after the challenge."

After bending over trying to dig their way to the next clue, both teams were handed a time penalty at the pit stop for not uncovering a clue.

But they were able to make up great time, blasting through the remaining challenges.

"We left at the same time as Femi and Nick," Mikayla said, "but their driver knew a sneaky shortcut. They got to the next detour an hour before us."

Sometimes there are elements of the race completely out of your control and for Hayley and Mikayla, one of those elements was Putin's arrival in Mongolia.

"The traffic was crazy and we couldn't work out why, but Putin was in Mongolia the day we were eliminated. Everyone was going into the city for a big ceremony," Hayley said.

Digging for their clue wasn't the only time Hayley and Mikayla were unlucky in the race -- despite having a massive lead on other teams in Vietnam, the dreaded green rice challenge saw Mikayla celebrating her birthday bent over a bucket.

"It was terrible," Mikayla said, "I didn't expect to spend my 25th birthday eating rice but the clue said 'Who's feeling lucky?' I thought what's luckier than doing a challenge on my birthday?"

Losing track of just how many packets of new green rice (cốm), production later told Mikayla she finished 24 of them while other teams like Tom and Tyler and Rod and Tim were lucky enough to not even eat a single grain before moving onto their next challenge.

"We were there for hours. I couldn't keep counting, I'd eat one and then vomit it up," she said. Because teams were only allowed to drink Vietnamese coffee provided, the dry rice began to take its toll on Mikayla -- who isn't a fan of coffee at the best of times.

When the packets of rice were coming back up, the lack of moisture meant was scratching her throat. "It was like vomiting a dry sausage of rice," she poetically described.

Then, on the first leg of Mongolia, the teams were tasked with polishing off a delightful bowl of fermented horse milk.

"I had only just started eating again after the rice and they handed me a big bowl of milk that had been sitting out for weeks," Mikayla said. "You're trying to be respectful but I just couldn't stomach it."

While the sisters were disappointed in their elimination, the influencers were probably thrilled after deciding Hayley and Mikayla had crossed a line in stealing their cab. Watching the episode back, this fierce rivalry was news to the sisters.

"We had no idea," Mikayla said of the blood feud between the two teams, explaining, "We both ordered a taxi at the same time so when it arrived we were like great! We had no idea."

"We actually thought it was our taxi," Hayley added, "I don't even think it was their taxi. It's funny because they were throwing shade and we didn't even know why.

"We just thought they were being generally standoffish."

Despite making enemies for life (or whatever), Hayley and Mikayla were thrilled about their time in the race, adding that they now feel like they have something to prove if they ever got a second chance.

"If it didn't come down to luck, we thought we were in for a good shot for the finale," Mikayla said. "We want a second shot!"

"My blame," Hayley added, "is going to Putin."

'The Amazing Race Australia' Airs Mondays And Tuesdays From 7.30 pm, Only On 10 And WIN Network.

Source: https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191111elwif/my-blame-is-going-straight-to-him-vladimir-putin-had-a-hand-in-hayley-and-mikaylas-elimination-20191112?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D43516253529426626213030165139620024700%7CMCORGID%3D508F0C3A53DB1A8A0A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1573608547

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 02:12:30 AM »
The boys are so obvious has crush on them
Oh stop it probst