Author Topic: TAR Australia 4: Sid & Ash (Dating Instagrammers)  (Read 2081 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The best shows out there!
TAR Australia 4: Sid & Ash (Dating Instagrammers)
« on: October 22, 2019, 01:28:19 AM »

Sid & Ash (Dating Instagrammers) (Sydney, New South Wales)

There’s no denying Bondi couple, Sid and Ash, enjoy the finer things in life. From luxurious holidays to fine dining, this fiery team love an upgrade and they don’t care who knows it. As former elite swimmers, they are no strangers to hard work or a 4am alarm, and let nothing and no one get in their way.

Having dated for three years, the couple believe their greatest strength is that they compensate for each other’s weaknesses. While Ash can make decisions quickly, based off her instincts, Sid is calmer and more strategic.

Both seasoned travellers, Sid and Ash have explored the USA, Italy, France, Spain, South Africa and Indonesia to name a few.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:35:13 AM by BourkieBoy »
I enjoy ''The Big Three' Reality TV shows!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4: Sid & Ash (Dating Instagrammers)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 01:30:18 AM »
Sid, Age Unknown

What’s the best part of travelling with your teammate?
Being able to share every moment with the person you love.
What type of people do you find it difficult to get along with? Know-it-all insular humans. Also bullies and people who are unkind.
What is your proudest achievement in life?My bullet-proof self-esteem and freedom! I have an insane level of self-confidence in my ability to get through any situation, regardless of what life throws my way.

Ash, Age Unknown
What country or place do you hope to visit on The Amazing Race Australia?
India. I’ve always wanted to go as I feel it’s so rich in culture and has an amazing spirituality sense to it.
What’s the best part of travelling with your teammate? We always have fun. We are always on the same page on what we want to do in regards to activities, eating out, and shopping. Plus, he’s very patient with me.
What’s the worst part of travelling with your teammate? We can sometimes get irritated with each other and are both very stubborn, so arguments can sometimes escalate.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 01:30:47 AM »
Saved for videos featuring Sid & Ash!

Check back later!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 01:31:04 AM »
Saved!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 01:57:50 AM »
It's just like the ancient riddle: 'If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there, does it still make a sound?'

If an influencer visits a picturesque location and doesn't post it to Instagram, were they really even there?

For Bondi couple, Sid and Ash, signing up for 'The Amazing Race Australia' meant giving up their usual habit of taking snaps of their travels, their daily lives in Sydney's eastern suburbs, and sharing it to their tens of thousands of followers on social media.

"That was actually one of the hardest things, to be honest," Sid told 10 daily over the phone ahead of the show's premiere.

"But then halfway through, we realised that we were actually being followed by camera crews so we were still able to pose and show the world what we did," he added.

"I think there was a moment in one of the countries where Ash turned around and was like, ‘I wish I could take a photo of this’ and I was like, ‘Ash, look around, we’ve got a camera and an audio guy following us around so I’m sure you’ll be alright’.

As well as feeling safe in the knowledge their every move was still being captured, Sid and Ash found that being forced to give up the convenience of iPhone cameras, online maps and social media as they raced around the globe acted as a much-needed detox.

"The first week we kinda noticed it, there was something missing there but then we got used to it by the second week," he said of travelling without technology.

"You’re really present and in the moment, there are things that you wouldn’t see or pay attention to when you have your phone on you and, to be honest, both of us really enjoyed it," Sid told 10 daily.

The absence of phones also helped the couple focus on the actual race. Sid explained that their fitness levels helped give them an edge, with their preparation for the show more or less mirroring their daily exercise routines.

"We actually pretty much just kept on doing what we do every day which is basically doing cardio sessions at F45 down in Bondi in the morning and then lifting weights in the afternoon," Sid said.

"We kind of tightened up our diet, we went on a vegetarian diet for a little bit and that was about it," he added.

The influencer couple also meditated together in the lead up to the show, and during filming, but that didn't mean they weren't occasionally butting heads.

"The biggest challenge was both Ash and I are very A-type personalities, we can be quite explosive when it comes to decision making and wanting to lead one another,  so the hardest part for us was probably managing the relationship, more than anything," Sid told 10 daily.

When asked what impression Australia might get of the couple after watching them on 'The Amazing Race', Sid admitted that they weren't afraid of playing dirty and may come across as a little "competitive".

"To be completely frank, we played fairly true to how we behave at a competitive level," he said.

"Both Ash and I were elite swimmers growing up and I was a freestyle sprinter. Going into each final at a fitness level, everyone was on the same page so you actually had to step out on the blocks and know that you were going to win the race before you actually did it.

"You had to kind of manifest a level of confidence to get there. And that’s what I did and what we did throughout the race. "

And as the 'Amazing Race' promo has shown us, 'manifesting confidence' might be code for 'stealing from nuns' and, my God, we can't wait for this.

The Amazing Race Australia' will premiere Monday, October 28 at 7.30 on Network 10 and WIN Network.

Source: https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191023rjpwl/actually-one-of-the-hardest-things-what-the-amazing-race-influencers-had-trouble-leaving-behind-20191023?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D43516253529426626213030165139620024700%7CMCORGID%3D508F0C3A53DB1A8A0A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1571985598

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 09:28:31 PM »
Bondi content creators Sid and Ash haven't wasted much time in assuming their roles as the ruthless villains of 'The Amazing Race Australia'.

Amidst a wholesome group of nurses, nuns, and newlyweds -- who are happily focused on their own journeys -- the influencers stand out as a whole different breed of competitor.

If 'The Amazing Race' was a cartoon show, Sid and Ash would be the ones throwing tacks on the road and switching around road sign arrows to send their rivals down the garden path to disaster.

We're only a couple of episodes in and the crafty couple have already performed THREE acts of sabotage against some very trusting duos -- and we have a feeling they might have a few more tricks up their kaftan-esque sleeves.

You're Going The Wrong Way!
After deciding that the best way to reach the Namsan Tower's observatory deck was to climb downwards for a few kms -- Sid and Ash eventually had the realisation that they needed to crawl their way back to where they started.

"We're going to try and slow everyone down because we're going to take a while to get back up to the observatory tower," Ash explained.

The couple attempted to con Jerome and Jasmin, as well as siblings Viv and Joey, and footy mates Tom and Tyler.

"No, I don't trust them," the boys said as Sid and Ash tried to convince them they'd missed a crucial clue.

Dumping Gate
This is truly the moment that confirmed that Sid and Ash would do absolutely anything to get ahead in the race -- even if it meant stealing a dumpling from nuns.

During the challenge where teams had to perfectly fold 50 dumplings, Judy and Therese, bless them, left their table unattended to go and fetch more dough.

And then... dun, dun dun! Sid and Ash swooped, taking a single dumpling from the Missionary of God's Love sisters.

Another Day, Another Scam
The second day in Korea saw Sid and Ash at the back of the pack again so they had a flip through their villains' playbook to see what kind of chaos they could cause to jump ahead.

When the boot camp sign instructed the teams to carry two tyres up a hill, the Bondi couple shouted to Nick and Femi ahead of them that it was actually "two tyres each".

Bing, bang, boom, Femi and Nick ran back to collect the unnecessary weight and lost precious time in the game, only just making it through to the next round ahead of the nuns.

We'll see you right back here next week because we're sure Sid and Ash will delight us with their latest tricks during the next leg of the race.

'The Amazing Race Australia' Airs Mondays And Tuesdays From 7.30 pm, Only On 10 And WIN Network.

Source: https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191029gpkvm/everyone-the-influencers-have-sabotaged-so-far-on-the-amazing-race-australia-20191029?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D43516253529426626213030165139620024700%7CMCORGID%3D508F0C3A53DB1A8A0A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1572401496

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 06:23:19 AM »
Yeah, I heard on Twitter earlier. This is an unfortunate smudge on the show's revival :(

The new Jonathan Baker, I guess.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 06:28:24 AM by Maanca »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 10:35:20 AM »
 :'(  Wow...hope this is not true...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 03:37:53 PM »
Well I can't watch the show the same way anymore if this is true. Very sad.

This would also be a very unique situation for any TAR as it is happening while the show is airing.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 07:09:51 PM »
Amazing Race Australia contestant Sidney Pierucci will front Downing Centre Local Court on Wednesday following an Apprehended Domestic Violence Order by police on behalf of his girlfriend and race partner Ashley Ruscoe.

Court documents show NSW Police took out the ADVO after an alleged incident at the “influencers'” Bellevue Hill apartment last month.

“Police have charged a 27-year-old man following a domestic related incident at Bellevue Hill,” a police statement read.

“About 3am on Monday 14 October 2019, police spoke to a woman in Birriga Street regarding an alleged domestic altercation. A man was arrested nearby and taken to Waverley Police Station and charged with assault and destroy / damage property.”

The Daily Telegraph reports neither the couple, nor broadcaster Channel 10, would comment when contacted. Reports suggest while the pair broke up after the incident they are now “trying to make the relationship work”.

Source: https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/11/avo-on-amazing-race-australia-contestant.html

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 12:09:29 AM »
Amazing Race Australia contestant Sidney Pierucci has pleaded not guilty to assaulting his girlfriend and race partner Ashley Ruscoe, today in the Downing Centre Local Court.

26 year old Pierucci, an Instagram “influencer”, was arrested after an alleged late-night incident at a Bellevue Hill apartment on October 14, later charged with assault and damaging property.

After the alleged assault, police took out an Apprehended Domestic Violence Order on behalf of Ruscoe, 30, which states Pierucci must not “approach or be in the company of (her) for at least 12 hours after drinking alcohol or taking illicit drugs”.

He must also not assault or threaten her, harass or intimidate her and intentionally or recklessly destroy or damage any property that belongs to her.

Reports suggest the couple have split.

The case will return for a hearing on February 13, 2020.

Source: https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/11/amazing-race-contestant-pleads-not-guilty.html

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 12:22:31 AM »
Now I feel awful for tagging them together on Instagram posts between the time the cast was announced to the first week of the show :( None of us knew.

Channel 10 is responsible for them by contract for as long as the show is airing, and the fact they're keeping quiet about this probably isn't a good look for them. Not even a standard "we do not condone this behavior" kind of statement.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 04:29:47 PM »
Influencers Sid Pierucci and Ash Ruscoe made one of the most impressive comebacks after checking in last on Monday's leg of 'The Amazing Race Australia'.

Sadly, this wasn't going to be a fairy tale ending for the pair who -- despite reaching the pit stop in second place -- were the last team to be officially checked in by Beau.

Starting off the Zambia leg in last place, Sid and Ash also found themselves heading in the wrong direction to the first roadblock, which put them further behind the other five teams.

Their bad luck continued as they reached the roadblock to find a speed bump -- a penalty for checking in last in the previous leg, meaning both members of the team have to complete the roadblock.

After both Sid and Ash completed the gorge swing, their next tactic was what would ultimately cost them their place in the race.

Teams are told part of the rules of the race include obeying the laws -- especially traffic laws -- so when Sid and Ash decided to speed past several of the other teams on their way to the next detour, there were bound to be consequences.

"Rules are there to be broken," Ash said as she floored it past Nick and Femi and Viv and Joey.

While Viv was less impressed saying the influencers "play such a dirty game",  Sid and Ash were on a roll, powering through the detour and well on their way to delivering buckets of water to the pit stop.

"Started from the bottom, now we're here," Sid said referring to the couple's major comeback in the leg with Ash calling it "literally the comeback of the race".

Reaching the pit stop behind the unstoppable Tom and Tyler, Sid and Ash went from the last team to a neat second place, but Beau had to deliver the news that they were about to incur a 60-minute penalty.

Still feeling confident that they had enough of a lead on the other teams, slowly but surely Sid and Ash's confidence began to fall.

And with less than 50 seconds still remaining on their penalty, the last team left to check-in -- Viv and Joey -- placed their buckets down at the pit stop, knocking Ash and Sid out of the race.

"It was good until it lasted," Sid said to Beau after the host formally eliminated the influencers from the competition.

Looking back, it's been an interesting journey for Sid and Ash who made quick time trying to sabotage some of the other teams when they felt like their place in the competition was threatened.

From stealing from the nuns to trying to send Jasmin and Jerome in the wrong direction, it seemed like karma had a very different outcome for the influencers.

'The Amazing Race Australia' Airs Mondays And Tuesdays From 7.30 pm, Only On 10 And WIN Network.

Source: https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191119mibht/started-from-the-bottom-now-were-here-influencers-sid-and-ash-eliminated-from-the-amazing-race-australia-20191119?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D43516253529426626213030165139620024700%7CMCORGID%3D508F0C3A53DB1A8A0A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1574202260

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2019, 10:25:44 PM »
They should be imported to TARUS, they will be great villain for the american teams
Oh stop it probst

Online Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2019, 04:42:43 AM »
They should be imported to TARUS, they will be great villain for the american teams

I don't think they'd want to, given their deteriorating relationship as seen on the news and their issues with police.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2019, 05:43:28 AM »
Finally! Bye. You should have been eliminated 1st, pompous freaks  :cheer: :conf: :woohoo:

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 02:15:00 AM »

I don't think they'd want to, given their deteriorating relationship as seen on the news and their issues with police.

They got arrested for stealing from the nuns?
Oh stop it probst

Online Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2019, 04:51:01 AM »

They got arrested for stealing from the nuns?

No, after the race, in their home, Sid attacked or assaulted Ash, so they had to restrained from each other. Sid also got designation “STAY AWAY from Ash” or legally “Apprehended Domestic Violence Order (ADVO)” by the police.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2019, 05:01:16 AM »
No, after the race, in their home, Sid attacked or assaulted Ash, so they had to restrained from each other. Sid also got designation “STAY AWAY from Ash” or legally “Apprehended Domestic Violence Order (ADVO)” by the police.

In addition, they should do public service for stealing from the nuns
Oh stop it probst

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 05:03:37 AM »
What type of people do you find it difficult to get along with? Know-it-all insular humans. Also bullies and people who are unkind.

Uhm, you're referring to yourselves Sid & Ash. You guys are a joke and you label yourselves as influencers.  :lol: :clap2: :funny:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 10:00:08 AM by TARUSAFan »

Online Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 08:50:18 PM »

In addition, they should do public service for stealing from the nuns

As if the police have an authority over the race. You can demand that in a petition, if you want to. Then appeal that petition to an Australian court and deal with it yourself. I doubt that we need an Australian court to solve this. Also, you’ll need a lawyer to represent yourself as the prosecutor.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2019, 03:22:41 AM »
As if the police have an authority over the race. You can demand that in a petition, if you want to. Then appeal that petition to an Australian court and deal with it yourself. I doubt that we need an Australian court to solve this. Also, you’ll need a lawyer to represent yourself as the prosecutor.

I'll go ask the sultan of australia to make them go to anger management class and take care stray cats as punishment for stealing from the nuns
Oh stop it probst

Online Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2019, 06:04:23 AM »

I'll go ask the sultan of australia to make them go to anger management class and take care stray cats as punishment for stealing from the nuns

You mean the Prime Minister of Australia. The Australian PM would not do this, as this isn’t the usual chore for the head of the government or a world leader, as it can skew the priorities of Australia, like bushfires and droughts. Typically the local court judge has the final decision on their issues. But the nuns are doing just fine. You think you need a bank to reoccur the 2008 economic recession? But this is just a joke, I assume, since you would need to call for an appointment, then security details, then numerous legal advices, and finally the entire population of Australia’s reaction this, which is super divided. The world isn’t simple as we thought it would be, unfortunately.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2019, 05:46:39 PM »
You mean the Prime Minister of Australia. The Australian PM would not do this, as this isn’t the usual chore for the head of the government or a world leader, as it can skew the priorities of Australia, like bushfires and droughts. Typically the local court judge has the final decision on their issues. But the nuns are doing just fine. You think you need a bank to reoccur the 2008 economic recession? But this is just a joke, I assume, since you would need to call for an appointment, then security details, then numerous legal advices, and finally the entire population of Australia’s reaction this, which is super divided. The world isn’t simple as we thought it would be, unfortunately.

People just doesnt take stealing from nuns seriously these days, this is troubling
anyway its great to see those two on the show, they spice up things a little, make a good classic villain team
Oh stop it probst