Author Topic: TAR Australia 5 (2020) News/Media/Speculation Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*  (Read 5969 times)

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Part of me was hoping for a TAR Asia 5 route with a mix of domestic and international locations considering there are nearby countries that the show could visit. I do get their decision though. The problem 10 seemed to have is that countries are starting to institute mandatory 14 day quarantines for people traveling from countries with coronavirus even if they don't have symptoms. A domestic season makes the most sense when they have to lock in their locations.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: coronavirus impact for TAR AUS.
I haven’t specifically tracked Australia conconcerning the pandemic, but it’s not a good sign when two globally known actors, Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson tested positive for COVID19 while traveling in Australia. Staying within the continent may not be enough.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Things are changing daily with the situation.

I would NOT be surprised if they still ended up cancelling or postponing this run. The safety of our cast and crew is always first in everyone's mind. With new info coming in daily I do not think any decision made so far is firm. We need to be prepared for possible changes as new information comes in. JMO.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The best shows out there!
"As the coronavirus spreads around the world, ViacomCBS's newly promoted local content boss Beverley McGarvey is reviewing filming plans for Network Ten's shows, particularly adventure reality game show The Amazing Race Australia which sees contestants travel to different countries"

From The Australian!

I also have a very reliable source that suggests that this season may not film in the June/July period... more later! :0328:
I enjoy ''The Big Three' Reality TV shows!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
There's no way on earth this'll film anytime soon, even if it were domestic.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
There is a ban on more than 100 people indoors, however workplace arrangements may continue. While no studio audiences are proceeding, normal television production can continue with crews & talent. However as we’ve seen in recent days there are no guarantees any production underway or commencing will be completed on time.

Further, the rule on handshaking, hugging and social distancing will likely impact on numerous shows -including Drama and Reality: The Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars, The Block, Neighbours, Wentworth, The Amazing Race Australia, Harrow, Home and Away, Five Bedrooms, RFDS, Back to the Rafters, The Secrets She Keeps, The Bureau of Magical Things and more…

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/03/new-rules-will-create-further-havoc-for-tv.html

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Australian Survivor has been postponed while The Amazing Race Australia claims it will film in domestic destinations.[/b]

I think it extremely hard to believe that TAR Australia will film in June/July! There are travel bans all around the country and since June/July is winter in Australia, we will be having a flu plus COVID-19 season, so I have no idea how TAR Australia plans film even a domestic route!

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/03/10-suspends-filming-on-the-bachelor.html