Author Topic: TAR Australia 5 (2021!!) News/Media/Speculation Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*  (Read 63295 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Good news today!

TAR Australia has been confirmed for a fifth season in 2020!  :conf: :cheer: :2hearts:

New international for 2020 are FBI Most Wanted, starring  Julian McMahon, and (the long-awaited) The Gilded Age from Julian Fellowes (Downton Abbey) starring Christine Baranski, Cynthia Nixon and Amanda Peet. Also back is more of NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Bull, FBI, The Graham Norton Show, The Conners, various Jamie Oliver titles and more.

Also confirmed are The Amazing Race Australia and One Born Every Minute Australia and Celebrity Name Game.

So what’s missing? Sunday Night Takeaway is not returning. Also out is Show Me the Movie and Changing Rooms. There’s no mention of My Life is Murder or Mr. Black as yet while Trial by Kyle is yet to launch.

Source: https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/10/2020-upfronts-10-five-bedrooms-masked-singer-dwts-renewed.html
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 08:37:02 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
As per the picture below, Season 5 will air in November & December 2020!  :conf: :cheer: :2hearts:

It's a bit unfortunate, because I believed that it was possible for us to get TWO seasons next year!

However, it doesn't really matter because we are getting another season!!!  :waves:

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:47:16 AM by BourkieBoy »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
On how series 5 will film? But not at the same time in next year's Olympics in Tokyo.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
I honestly don't get the optimism? Yeah, I want another season, of course... But they can easily cancel 5th season if ratings for TARAU4 will be bad, I guess. Or not? Because I think this means nothing so far... Everything is depending on good ratings of this season. They will not be filming another season when no one would be watching this one.

I mean they opened application for TARAU3 during season 2 airing, then canceled it, and then reopen it again 2 years later.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Australia 5 (2021) News/Media/Speculation Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 07:01:10 AM »
And so it begins!

Filming June-July 2020

Casting news and comments go here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,35932.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 09:32:01 AM »
From Beau's Twitter: https://twitter.com/therealbeauryan

Huge congrats to
Show content
@timandrod
 for winning
@amazingrace_au
 taking home $250k. Super proud of you boys. Love yas.
Big ups to everyone who competed and more importantly a big thank you to everyone who watched. It’s on again next year. See you in Croatia.

What's in Croatia? Is this for next year's race or he lives in Croatia?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:39:25 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 11:18:24 PM »
From Beau's Twitter: https://twitter.com/therealbeauryan

Huge congrats to
Show content
@timandrod
 for winning
@amazingrace_au
 taking home $250k. Super proud of you boys. Love yas.
Big ups to everyone who competed and more importantly a big thank you to everyone who watched. It’s on again next year. See you in Croatia.

What's in Croatia? Is this for next year's race or he lives in Croatia?

Starting Line?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:40:20 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 11:55:58 AM »
Would he know one year in advance?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 01:17:53 PM »
Maybe he's just going on holiday lmao.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 12:50:13 AM »
That's AWESOME news! I really liked it. Beau is great too.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 03:13:41 AM »
In TAR AUS 5 they will go to Hawaii and pick up the clue at the hotel where the current sultan of australia staying on his vacation while his people suffering from wildfire
Swarm stupidity

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 05:24:33 AM »
In TAR AUS 5 they will go to Hawaii and pick up the clue at the hotel where the current sultan of australia staying on his vacation while his people suffering from wildfire

How is Scott Morrison (The Prime Minister of Australia), taking a holiday to Hawaii appropriate to TAR Australia 5?

By the way, ScoMo returned to Australia as soon as the bushfire crisis was picking up...

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 08:12:36 PM »
How is Scott Morrison (The Prime Minister of Australia), taking a holiday to Hawaii appropriate to TAR Australia 5?

By the way, ScoMo returned to Australia as soon as the bushfire crisis was picking up...

What are u talking about? TARUS S26 had mayor of Sicily for their greeter and in S22 they had to meet cardboard obama, they are all appropriate for TAR
also it will show all aussie where the emir of australia enjoyed his vacation while his people suffer in wildfire and dont try to defend him, while he almost got  smacked by angry crowd for failed so hard to tackle the wildfire, not only he let the human toll in high number also millions of wild animals perish!
and dont forget he is a climate change denial that caused the wildfire in the first place
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 03:35:03 AM »

What are u talking about? TARUS S26 had mayor of Sicily for their greeter and in S22 they had to meet cardboard obama, they are all appropriate for TAR
also it will show all aussie where the emir of australia enjoyed his vacation while his people suffer in wildfire and dont try to defend him, while he almost got  smacked by angry crowd for failed so hard to tackle the wildfire, not only he let the human toll in high number also millions of wild animals perish!
and dont forget he is a climate change denial that caused the wildfire in the first place

I don't think that TAR would get political at that level. Plus, who stays at a vacation for +3 months preceding to TAR 5's possible visit date despite an important crisis at home?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 06:52:01 AM »
I vote we go back on topic instead of political bashing.....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 07:17:55 PM »
The Bachelorette and The Amazing Race Australia are back in Q4, with the latter enjoying longer pre-production time to expand on travel destinations.

“We went through Asia & Africa as a starting point but we’d desire fresh locations this year, with a bit more time up our sleeve.”

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/01/programmers-wrap-2020-10.html

Q4 stands for Quarter 4 and Quarter 4 airs from October-December yearly! Expect to see TAR Australia 5 anytime during October to December 2020!

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 02:12:00 AM »
Well that sounds promising that maybe we won't get 5 double legs!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 09:14:37 PM »
mayb i should apply then : ~ )

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2020, 05:38:01 PM »
Well, considering TAR33 halted production due to the coronavirus pandemic, I wonder what the situation will be when TAR Australian 5 is scheduled to film in June-July 2020! 

Hopefully the situation has calmed down by then & we can get a filming in (considering TAR Australia races around the world!)

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Some interesting news has come out in reaction to the TAR33 postponement (CBS owns Channel 10 now, and thus TAR Australia, too)

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/03/amazing-race-australia-seeks-advice-on-safe-route.html

Amazing Race Australia seeks advice on safe route
March 3rd, 2020 By David Knox

Will production on The Amazing Race Australia proceed amid fears of the Coronavirus epidemic?

That’s the question facing 10 after CBS halted production on its international edition last week.

The precautionary measure was taken with the health and well-being of the Racers and the production team remaining a top priority.
A second season of The Amazing Race Australia is due on 10 later this year, produced by Eureka Productions.

“We are seeking advice to determine the international route for the upcoming season of The Amazing Race Australia, ahead of the start of production in June 2020,” a 10 spokesperson told TV Tonight.

“The welfare of cast and crew is of the upmost importance and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure their protection.”

But knowing which countries are safe from June onwards will be a tough call. Last year the show visited South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Mongolia, Zimbabwe and Zambia.

It also isn’t clear if CBS would allow an Australian edition to proceed while it suspends its own, however that’s a decision probably to be made closer to production.

Eureka has been contacted for comment.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Beau said that the season is still happening but isn't ruling out a domestic season.

“I got a call yesterday from some people at Ten and I didn’t really see the news about CBS but we’ve already changed our route twice with the Amazing Race to try and stay away from some of the Asian countries,” Beau told us.

“Why don’t you suggest the south island of New Zealand, Tasmania and Antarctica,” Kyle added sarcastically.

“Well in all honesty, if worst comes to worst we’re doing an Australian one,” Beau added, claiming the series could hold the competition solely in Oz instead of various countries around the world.

https://www.kiis1065.com.au/entertainment/beau-ryan-on-future-of-amazing-race-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-after-american-version-suspended/

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
No bad idea

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
BIG DEVELOPMENT! At least we're getting a season! I feel bad for the Racers tho! They kinda get screwed only travelling in their country & not around the world...

TV Blackbox can report exclusively that Network 10 have significantly altered production for the upcoming season of THE AMAZING RACE AUSTRALIA to make it a domestic-only season.

All participating teams will only travel to Australian locations due to current global health concerns around the spread of COVID-19/coronavirus.
It’s a significant change to the show, hosted locally by Beau Ryan, as the format prides itself on placing contestant in foreign countries where particularly their challenges are exaggerated by the local culture and language.

Due to the significant pre-production process involving site and country visits 10 have taken an understandably cautious approach for all concerned.

The US version hosted by Phil Keoghan suspended production mid-season earlier this year which sent all cast and crew flying around the world back to America. This is understood to have been part of the reason behind 10’s decision.

A Network 10 spokesperson said:

“Due to the current cautions around international travel due to the COVID-19 outbreak, a domestic route has proven the safest option for the upcoming season of The Amazing Race Australia, which begins production in June this year.”

“The welfare of cast and crew is of the upmost importance and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure their protection. From tropical rainforests, to the arid, red desert of the outback and the cool mountainous hinterlands, we are confident that the sheer vastness and contrasting environment of Australia will create a unique and challenging backdrop to the most amazing race on earth.”

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2020/3/11/breaking-10-up-end-the-amazing-race-australia-due-to-covid-19-virus

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
10’s Amazing Race Australia will not be travelling overseas for its upcoming season, due to concerns around COVID-19.

A Network 10 spokesperson told TV Tonight, “Due to the current cautions around international travel due to the COVID-19 outbreak, a domestic route has proven the safest option for the upcoming season of The Amazing Race Australia, which begins production in June this year.

“The welfare of cast and crew is of the upmost importance and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure their protection. From tropical rainforests, to the arid, red desert of the outback and the cool mountainous hinterlands, we are confident that the sheer vastness and contrasting environment of Australia will create a unique and challenging backdrop to the most amazing race on earth.”

A local route will deny the show some of the cultural clashes (and bad tourists) for which the show is known. But the decision follows CBS halting production on the US series which is currently in production.

Coronavirus concerns are increasingly impacting film and television productions around the world.

The Amazing Race Australia is expected in Q4 on 10.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/03/amazing-race-australia-sticks-to-domestic-route.html/comment-page-1?unapproved=614719&moderation-hash=b6654f5fadf541ebc0fdd422e76a8305#comment-614719

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Aw man, that's really tragic to see Australia be demoted into another Canada.

This over-reaction may be getting a tad out of hand now. Events are dropping like flies. I just heard E3 in Los Angeles is off for this year. It's only a matter of time for Tokyo 2020...