Author Topic: TARC 7 Episode 10 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!  (Read 13241 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARC 7 Episode 10 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« on: September 03, 2019, 01:16:42 PM »
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!

If you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!
Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  If you are in the easternmost Canadian provinces you could be ahead of us watching on EST.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!

NO POSTING BEFORE 8:40 P.M. Eastern, PLEASE!!!

LIVE Streams for members in the Usual Place. If you are not a member please register and then ask me or any of the mods for help. Keep in mind it can take up to 12 hours to get registered.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 7 Episode 10 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 09:14:09 PM »
Ok just finished the episode:

Team flew all together, first task is the jelly task. It's a roadlobck
Find 8 different cards with herbs written on it and match them with the Jelly

Finishing order:
1- James/Anthony
2- Dave/Irina
3-  Lauren/Joanne
4- Sarah/Sam

Then drive to some other place (forgot the name) detour decision point
Puck or Apple

Puck: J/A and S/S
Apple: D/I and L/J

Finishing order of the detour:

1- James Anthony
2- Sarah/Sam (Arrived at detour at the same time that J/A left)
3- Lauren/Joanne
4- Dave/Irina (some time after the girls)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 09:16:30 PM »
Route info:

Drive in reverse in 5 circle and see with the reverse camera the lyrics of the Song Farewell to Nova Scotia
You have to put them in the right order, once you are correct, you have to deliver the beer to the ChurchBrewing company.
Sing the song on stage and get your final clue

A picture of Jon with a red telephone booth (the pitstop)

Teams all finish in the same order
Final rank:

First: J/A
Second: S/S
Third: J/L

Eliminated D/I. They had a nice farewell

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 09:39:15 PM »
The mighty have fallen. Shocker :o

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 10:11:40 PM »
I feel like they took it well.
Classy in their goodbyes... Yes they were arrogant but I like that they were cast.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 05:12:18 AM »
Well that was the most boring elimination for such an iconic team.

But them skipping and singing their way off the Mat in high spirits...  :lol:

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 07:23:27 AM »
Totally unbalanced detour, and it was obvious that there was no suspense after that battle was decided.  We never saw both teams together at the next challenge, we just heard claims they were to add suspense, saying 'so close' numerous times.  The singing task didn't really add suspense and neither did the pit stop as everybody asked knew exactly where it was.  The car adverts didn't really add suspense either. 

Only one non-preaching team left, and that's the sisters.  I really hope neither of the other two wins though it's likely that will happen.  They are like caricatures preaching every leg to the audience.  Anthony and James going on about not fitting into boxes while describing a box they put themselves into and the other team giving out their lessons every race, in this leg it was about how 'you have two choices in life'.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 07:33:50 AM by Musicon »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 09:18:54 AM »
Totally unbalanced detour, and it was obvious that there was no suspense after that battle was decided.  We never saw both teams together at the next challenge, we just heard claims they were to add suspense, saying 'so close' numerous times.  The singing task didn't really add suspense and neither did the pit stop as everybody asked knew exactly where it was.  The car adverts didn't really add suspense either. 

Only one non-preaching team left, and that's the sisters.  I really hope neither of the other two wins though it's likely that will happen.  They are like caricatures preaching every leg to the audience.  Anthony and James going on about not fitting into boxes while describing a box they put themselves into and the other team giving out their lessons every race, in this leg it was about how 'you have two choices in life'.

At the reverse car task: I remember that J/A were still there when S/A arrived, and I know L/J and D/I were there at the same time, but did L/J see S/S at that task? Maybe I remember it wrong.

I feel like there's only one team left with a winner's edit...we all know who that is. I just wonder if they are going to win, or if we will be surprised like last year. (Last year, I expected the siblings to win for sure, was shocked when the couple won, they didn't have a winner edit at all...)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 10:56:40 AM »
If this semifinal had the Face Off again, that almost certainly would have did Lauren & Joanne in. A very unbalanced Detour, but seeing the most dominant team Canada's ever eliminated is definitely a welcome closure before the finale.

I know Farewell to Nova Scotia well. My parents are both from Nova Scotia, so my mom's sang it a hundred times before.

The finale for the preview mainly focused on one task. They rode those cool boards you "fly" on with jets of water.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 11:42:37 AM »
and I know L/J and D/I were there at the same time

Did we see them in the same camera shot, I never trust voice overs.  Sam and Sarah have had a relatively minimal edit imo, if they win it would be a surprise, the sisters would be a more satisfying underdog win.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 12:26:44 PM »
In looking at the previews and the press photos, the tasks looked pretty hard, so that got me excited because I love it when it really feels like the final 3 earned their spot. The episode also featured the downfall of the most polarizing team in TARC's history. All of the elements are there for a great episode but it didn't come together mostly due to leg design. The tasks don't need to be changed but the order needed to be flipped around. We also didn't get a great downfall because it happened at a Detour and Dave & Irina were only with one team. There wasn't a moment of all the teams leaving one after the other and them realizing their situation. We didn't get a moment like Rob & Amber knowing they were on one of the last boats before finding themselves alone in a post office or a Justin & Diana struggling with Leg 11 and stuck with a penalty with the other teams watching. It's sad because I was hoping for an epic downfall fitting for Dave & Irina. I didn't want them to win the Race but for sure I was very entertained by them. Of course I had my gripes like Irina not caring about some of the tasks but they brought needed drama. The "cheating" allegations were a crazy through-line in the season and in the fandom. Their arrogance was a fun aspect because despite their great record they stumbled several times. That arrogance needed a big fall but that didn't happen. While a lot of Canadians hate them, I'd love to see them again because I'd want to see their personalities clash with other all stars. This episode could have been epic but it fell flat. The past two episodes saw the two most dominant teams go out, so I hope this leads to an unpredictable finale.

Sniffs sets to a waltz leading to a fall.  :funny:
Hockey physical comedy.  :funny:
Joanne's old lady driving.  :funny:

Jam: Very reminiscent of the beer task from season 5 and seemed to be frustrating to the teams.
Puck: The Detour did have pros and cons with this side being the more physical one that required some time to get aquatinted with.
Apples: The task that took down an invincible team. I quite liked this one because of how hard it was.
Farewell to NS: This task should have been in the front of the leg and it would have been fine. Placing it at the end was not a good idea.

2/5

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
They're all in it to win the prize money (though the way some have talked you'd think not), so I don't follow their storyline of  heroes and villains, and that kind of storyline makes it too predictable anyway.  I'm happy to have surprises, I don't want to know in advance what will happen.  More reality less pantomime.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 10:25:43 AM »
Regarding this leg - I'm stumped at something.

The webcam photos from Waterfront Park show where the teams drive in with the trailers of beer for Church's Brew Pub, run off for 5-10 mins (the Pub is only a couple minutes walk from the car park), come back and unhook the trailer and drive away. This would be where the teams has to sing "Farewell to Nova Scotia" with the band The Sundries.

The teams arrive at the Park:
A/J at 11:40
S/S at 12:54 (fixed time lol)
L/J at 1:00
D/I at 2:32

Why are D/I so far behind when just prior was the Route Info "Reversal of Fortune" at Taproots Farm - a 20 minute drive from the Church Brewing Co.?

From the episode we see L/J commenting that D/I just arrived at Taproots farm for the truck reversing task. It looked like L/J were almost done. Did it take D/I one & 1/2 hours to complete? Did they have trouble with the song lyrics? Did they get lost on their way to the next stop?

Another anomaly - at the Waterfront Park D/I were not seen running away but they unhooked their truck and drove off. Were they seen at the singing task? I remember them looking at the photo of Jon in a Vineyard with the red phone booth.

I'll have to watch the episode again to check but the timing seems off to me. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 01:23:32 PM by Linda BC2 »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 11:02:22 AM »
Oh wow I didn't remember we had that much info on the timing of the teams at the waterfront park lol

I remember D/I singing the song at the churchbrew.

Someone suggested here, and they may not be wrong, that maybe the voiceover was added to add suspense (the voiceover of J/L saying: oh D/I just got here)

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 01:25:48 PM »
Oh wow I didn't remember we had that much info on the timing of the teams at the waterfront park lol

Someone suggested here, and they may not be wrong, that maybe the voiceover was added to add suspense (the voiceover of J/L saying: oh D/I just got here)

Thank you for webcams with time stamps :funny:

FYI: from the trailer drop off spot it's a 10-15 minute drive to Lucket's Vineyard Pitstop.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2019, 02:33:07 PM »

FYI: from the trailer drop off spot it's a 10-15 minute drive to Lucket's Vineyard Pitstop.

I have been wondering the same thing.
The time stamps were correct.
J/L were right behind S/S at the waterfront...10 minutes, so yes I suspect there was some fancy editing.
I'm going to rewatch that bit.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 04:35:12 PM »

I have been wondering the same thing.
The time stamps were correct.
J/L were right behind S/S at the waterfront...10 minutes, so yes I suspect there was some fancy editing.
I'm going to rewatch that bit.

They never show any of the teams delivering the beer to Church Brewing and dropping off the trailer before going to the Pitstop. I'd say Dave and Irina messed up with the trailer drop off somehow.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 01:25:11 AM »
Just finished watching the episode!

It's was an OK episode: not good, but then not bad! I enjoyed the truck reserving and the apple bobbing task, but for some reason, I didn't enjoy jam or the hockey task?  :duno:

Also, I'm very upset at Dave & Irina's elimination! :(  :'(