Author Topic: Coronovirus: Will it affect TAR Filming?  (Read 5419 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Coronovirus: Will it affect TAR Filming?
« on: January 23, 2020, 02:09:41 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/coronavirus-map-confirmed-cases-2020-n1120686

As of Jan. 23, coronavirus cases were confirmed in China, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam, and the United States.

LATEST MAP

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Coronovirus: Will it affect TAR Filming?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 03:35:23 PM »
Probably, will be interesting how TAR33's route works around this. China, Thailand, Japan, Vietnam. Those are all like their favorite Asian haunts to start/end routes with. Especially China.

Logistical convenience with the US.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 04:30:32 PM »
Well, I think we can certainly count out all of China. Too much of a risk sadly! As for other SE Asian countries, I think production might use the ‘better safe than sorry’ statement?

I wonder if TAR33 filming could possibly be delayed because of coronavirus! Production might need to make some new replacement legs, if they deem certain countries too unsafe to travel to, do to coronavirus!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 04:56:14 PM »
It will affect their legs in Asia but probably not as bad as TAR 15 with swine flu. The cases that have occurred outside of China are due to people traveling from Wuhan. Coronavirus is actually a common virus, but it's just this one strain in China that has caused this outbreak. Still, the problem with coronavirus is that people can be asymptomatic but still contagious, so China will most certainly be off the map this year if it wasn't already, even airport connections.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 07:45:09 PM »
They could skip Asia which could be first for TAR US

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 03:01:42 AM »
I really don’t think they were going to China anyway bc of the whole trade war/ putting a whole ethnic group in concentration camps thing.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 03:42:52 AM »
If avoiding southeastern Asia is the name of the game, they could always do another Great Circle like they did during TAR7 and cross the Atlantic twice.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 09:03:22 AM »
This will more than likely impact the race course. Hopefully this doesn't mean bad legs (subs tend to be last minute and not that great)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »
Australia and New Zealand are fine and free from corona virus as meaning those countries are safe. Most of East Asia (China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan) are affected with that virus where it will skip that region right now.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 10:33:43 AM »
I would like to see some AUS support. But the fires may impact race courses too.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 12:40:00 PM »
If they skip East Asia, that’s two seasons in a row. Have they ever done that?

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 12:38:50 PM »

I Mean S7 & S8, but with proper race routes, no

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 01:43:11 AM »
What is unknown is the incubation period of the virus befor any symptoms appear. By the time the initial reports came out, and the fact that the virus appears to be highly communicable it is still hard to say how widespread the outbreak is. Keep in mind it only takes one traveler who has been infected before symptoms appear to spread it to another continent, and tracking down people whom may be anywhere in the world who might have been infected is mind boggling.

I think it’s hard to say at this point when the incubation period is unknown and the likelihood of exposure to international travelers flying elsewhere.
-- theschnauzers

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 09:57:33 AM »

I Mean S7 & S8, but with proper race routes, no

There is no s8 in Ba Sing Se.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2020, 12:52:40 AM »
I haven't posted in a long time!

This is just sad. A news article about suspending TAR33 in the meantime let me know that they started filming once again, and I'm just saddened that the new season had to be put on pause, but I understand the situation. I was hoping for them not to start because of the virus even though I miss the show so much.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 02:19:49 AM »
I’m not sure where the better place is to put this link but Deadline.com has a post which is including events, tours, locations and productions being affected by the coronavirus outbreak. TAR is already included, and as an example of major event possibly being affected, the list indicates a decision will need to be made about the 2020 Tokyo Games (suspend, cancel, or move) by the end of May. This list will be updated.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/coronavirus-canceled-postponed-hollywood-sports-entertainment-1202870762/

-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 09:37:02 PM »
I’m not sure where the better place is to put this link but Deadline.com has a post which is including events, tours, locations and productions being affected by the coronavirus outbreak. TAR is already included, and as an example of major event possibly being affected, the list indicates a decision will need to be made about the 2020 Tokyo Games (suspend, cancel, or move) by the end of May. This list will be updated.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/coronavirus-canceled-postponed-hollywood-sports-entertainment-1202870762/
Not trying to be the bear with the bad news, but I feel like the Tokyo Games are indeed going to have to be cancelled. It's so late now to schedule for another venue because of the literal Olympic size of this event. There's no way a city has enough time to take in a sudden influx of athletes, officials, and sporting fanatics in such short notice. Even the Super Bowl takes at least a year in advance to prepare for each city. The athletes are just going to have to work hard and train hard for another four years which I'm sure will be even more rewarding for many.

As for the recent news, my heart truly goes out and hope we can work together to find solutions to what can be done to help the crew involved. We helped Kaylani get her passport back in realtime during TAR19 filming. We can definitely assist with this in some way. Maybe not directly, but some way.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 11:02:33 PM »
People are so easily scared, that damned virus only affect old fragile people
keep fiming TAR or else...

RUDE, INSENSITIVE, AND INCORRECT. You have been warned.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 11:43:53 PM by georgiapeach »
Swarm stupidity

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2020, 11:14:17 PM »
People are so easily scared, that damned virus only affect old fragile people
keep fiming TAR or else...

This is an insensitive remark, production had no choice but to suspend production (some of it is CBS' doing), One of the most important things about the Race is keeping everyone involved in it to be safe, this includes making sure the contestants don't get sick. They didn't fully cancel the season yet, production is going to wait until the virus has been completely wiped out or close to being wiped out. Be patient, at least we have TAR 32 to air sometime this year.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2020, 11:48:43 PM »
Since the answer is patently yes...we can continue the discussion in the TAR 3e3 thread now:

https://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,207.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule: