Author Topic: Amazing Race AUS 4 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 19357 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts: And ONLY live sightings please!!

Comments on the sightings can go HERE >>that's where the real work takes place!

If you HAVE a live sighting to share, help us as much as you can with
WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what color they are wearing is helpful)
WHAT are they doing
WHERE (as exactly as possible... street? airport gate? address? be specific!)
WHEN (what time zone?, exact time)
and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you can email me, my email is in my profile. Your confidentiality will be respected. You can also PM me here. Or PRIVATE message me on Twitter @peachrff

IMPORTANT! If you find anything posted by someone working in any capacity for the race or by production, do NOT post it here, you can cost someone their job...or worse. Let me or one of the Moderators know, and we'll see if it can be shared. Thanks!

Same goes for info on FUTURE legs, if you have a spoiler message one of the Moderators FIRST please. NO Future Leg details (where teams will be) should be posted without checking please.

If you are posting a tweet, please post the tweet, the tweet time, and LINK TO the twitter user name. Take a screencap if you can, tweets do disappear.
Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it.

Photos should be credited. If someone is kind enough to share some with us specifically, those should be marked with photo by...or photo credit to....when posting. Happy to help if you need it.  Generally, pics posted on public Instagrams and Twitter are considered "public".

Spoiler info from public FACEBOOK posts may be shared. (For full details, see HERE .)
  I would like us to ASK, but the current messaging system means many posts go unseen. If you do not contact them yourself, please let ME know so I can try. *basic courtesy* This means copy me on all Facebook links please!

Please quote the info, provide the link, and credit the source.

Pictures should be marked with a name or initials whenever possible, if you cannot, just link to them and I'll help as time allows.

THE RULES ABOUT NO PRODUCTION INFO EVER AND NO FUTURE LEG INFO STILL APPLY!
FOR SECURITY REASONS DO NOT REVEAL A FUTURE LOCATION. NOTIFY A MODERATOR ASAP.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting, FB post or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM/email/private Tweet me to ask before you post.

The mods get VERY grouchy if they have to move posts.... so any non-live sighting chatter WILL be deleted!

Big :ghug: to all of you who are bringing us info, we couldn't do this without you!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Just a reminder:

NO POSTING In the LIVE or LIVE discussion until the RACE is underway with sightings hopefully.

:tu

You can still post in the prerace spec board!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Oh Shoot, maybe we missed the start.

Hanoi?? Can someone help with this translation?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206238947968578&set=a.1548104318491&type=3&theater

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
If you speak Vietnamese and can provide an accurate translation, please do so here!! :tu
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Oh Shoot, maybe we missed the start.

Hanoi?? Can someone help with this translation?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206238947968578&set=a.1548104318491&type=3&theater

Taking Saigon to the lake to play. When standing, there was a foreigner about 2 meters tall with a camera that was shining and asked for directions.

Then he gave me the deal to use the picture of amazing race Australia bao signed 🙄🙄🙄

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Adding some info:

1) On 8/20 313Am (EST) I received his message from a known RFF member:

saw a friend’s Instagram story where he spotted a F/F team reading a clue at N Seoul Tower, Korea. Both racers are wearing hijabs.

Could it be a possible sighting?

2) I spoke with the person reporting the Hanoi sighting about 6 hrs ago: 8/22/19 ~930PM EST

He said:

I did not take any photo of them

I met them in HoanKiem Lake

Support them to find the way to water puppet theatre

Then have no idea next

It was about midnight 12 PM the 22 about 9 hours ago

I just answer them one question about the direction

(he originally thought perhaps guys, I asked if this team and he replied NO)

(speculative  team of Tom and Tyler (thumbnail,click for larger)

Two white guys, in orange or red shirts

Saw them about 500meters from cathedral

He then said it is confusing: perhaps they were 2 women

( I asked why he said that?)
They covered their heads (with a cloth)--i think it’s their tradition clothes, like a religious covering

He then signed "a agreement for using picture of me that they had recorded"

I asked for the closest airport he replied Noi Bai airport, about 40 km

Further spec/discussion goes in the Speculation thread please
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 03:25:17 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline aussieamazingracer

• RFF Jr. Member
Sighting at Seoul Tower two days ago - two teams sighted in this video, not sure how to bring across to here.

One older F/F team reading a clue and a M/M team in orange running - appears to be Tom/Tyler?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/ct7umr/when_you_encounter_the_amazing_race_filming_at/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:26:57 AM by aussieamazingracer »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ninh Binh taken 16 hours ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1hyC7YjuL_/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Huge thanks to GreenNegg and his friend Kieran C for sharing these photos taken at N Seoul Tower! Vid coming!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
YT video of the MM team in action...thanks again to GrrenNegg and Kieran C!

Please note: May not be shared without permission. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/zb1DQcfaz6I

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline khan kna

• RFF Not So Newbie
Mongolia ya'll!

Thanks Khan!! It wasn't clear until later but since this turned out to be production will pull the post for now.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:50:44 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Great Job khan! Posted 23 hrs ago which would have been approx. 7PM 8/28/19 EST=~7AM 8/29 in Ulaanbaatar

photos removed due our policies on production info...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:52:57 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
Some new info...

Starting line was in Seoul not in Australia.

11 teams.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Some new info...

Starting line was in Seoul not in Australia.

11 teams.

Thanks to This!!

The reason we couldn't find an Aussie Start?? THERE WASN'T One!!
We know now the Starting Line Was in Seoul Plaza By City Hall.

Awaiting permission for more... stay tuned!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race AUS 4 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 09:22:38 PM »
Currently 9/1 filming in  Livingstone and big falls Zimbabwe

Find thanks to Xorez!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 11:05:57 PM »
There were a few Instagram posts the other day hashtagged #AmazingRace that I initially discounted because I didn't think the timing made sense/didn't show teams or anything, but that's making me reconsider.

The posts in question were taken at "Uluru Park", which appears to be an alternate name for Uhuru Park in Nairobi, Kenya. I think the timing could make sense if the Mongolia visit was Ulaanbaatar first, the Gobi Desert second, then they crossed the border and flew out via Beijing. But surely we would have gotten spoilers for that?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 03:52:21 AM »
REMINDER EVERYONE:

IMPORTANT! If you find anything posted by someone working in any capacity for the race or by production, do NOT post it here, you can cost someone their job...or worse. Let me or one of the Moderators know, and we'll see if it can be shared. Thanks!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 04:15:57 AM »
REMINDER EVERYONE:

Awe I'm sorry :/ Didn't mean for that, I'm still kind of new to this. Hopefully we can get some sightings instead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 06:29:41 AM »
Not your fault. This is a production error that has been removed. Some things have the potential to negatively affect the actual SHOW, so we try not to repost. Thanks for understanding!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline aussieamazingracer

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 06:57:31 AM »
Not sure if this is us but I came across this mention on twitter from a user based in Lilongwe, Malawi - could be accurate as they were just in Zimbabwe? Posted 5/9.

https://twitter.com/Tah_rousso/status/1169518274352209921

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 02:16:23 AM »
Not sure if this is us but I came across this mention on twitter from a user based in Lilongwe, Malawi - could be accurate as they were just in Zimbabwe? Posted 5/9.

Follow up:

Not sure if this was amazing race Australia but saw them on Wednesday. Malawi. Salima road. I've been watching the show on tv for a long time. I think that was definitely the amazing race
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 09:39:13 PM »
Hot100 FM (A Darwin, NT Radio Station) posted an instagram story, spotting the racers (it is currently their 3rd story - the first two that play are about a kid smoking at a Turkish soccer game).

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2FyHXcAbLw/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:42:37 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 05:22:00 PM »

I see what looks like a leg...perhaps a start of one?

What I do NOT see is a MAT with teams lined up awaiting a finish...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2019, 06:54:24 AM »

Follow up:

Not sure if this was amazing race Australia but saw them on Wednesday. Malawi. Salima road. I've been watching the show on tv for a long time. I think that was definitely the amazing race

https://twitter.com/Abruzzi_D/status/1170245098644398080

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but seems to be a second tweet supporting Malawi. Can't be sure it's not coming from the same source, but might put more weight to the original sighting