Author Topic: TARC 7 Episode 7 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!  (Read 24716 times)

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARC 7 Episode 7 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:36:06 AM »
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!

If you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!
Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  If you are in the easternmost Canadian provinces you could be ahead of us watching on EST.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!

NO POSTING BEFORE 8:40 P.M. Eastern, PLEASE!!!

LIVE Streams for members in the Usual Place. If you are not a member please register and then ask me or any of the mods for help. Keep in mind it can take up to 12 hours to get registered.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 7 Episode 7 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 11:13:11 PM »
They made a small typo in the Pit Stop clue of Wilfrid Laurier University :P "Wilfred".

Results:

Show content
1 - Dave & Irina. Trip to Frankfurt, Germany
2 - Anthony & James
3 - Aarthy & Thinesh. Never used their Express Pass.
4 - Sarah & Sam
5 - Lauren & Joanne
6 - Trish & Amy. Lost the Face Off. Eliminated.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 12:34:11 AM »
Why was the Faceoff right before the Pitstop? It didn’t give the last team time to catch up and maybe move up in positions. A guaranteed last place unless there was a major self-drive error like Jet & Dave in episode 1.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:36:35 AM »
Did everyone do the robots? Haven't seen it yet.

I kinda assumed since that's the only one the previews focused on. There was only a glimpse of the other side, the Oktoberfest.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 12:39:36 AM »
Did everyone do the robots? Haven't seen it yet.

I kinda assumed since that's the only one the previews focused on. There was only a glimpse of the other side, the Oktoberfest.

Yes, everyone did the robots :( not a beer pitcher in sight. I’m sure Jon was disappointed.  :jam:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 01:56:35 AM »
What was the faceoff order of arrival/winners?

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 02:16:42 AM »
FACE OFF
Anthony & James vs Dave & Irina - wraps
* Dave & Irina won

Anthony & James vs Aarthy & Thinesh - wraps
* Anthony & James won

Aarthy & Thinesh vs Sam & Sarah - rolls
* Aarthy & Thinesh won

Sam & Sarah vs Lauren & Joanne - rolls
* Sam & Sarah won

Lauren & Joanne vs Trish & Amy - pizza
* Lauren & Joanne won

Almost all the teams that lost chose the same item on their next faceoff as they knew what mistakes they made

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 05:30:39 AM »
Why was the Faceoff right before the Pitstop? It didn’t give the last team time to catch up and maybe move up in positions. A guaranteed last place unless there was a major self-drive error like Jet & Dave in episode 1.

The maths task was before the pitstop, which it turned out some teams had difficulty with.

The opening task of finding the red balls was made easier than if could have been by putting in 12 at the start.

The 'moms' going on about representing wasn't necessary.  Too many car adverts every year on this for me, they use the taxis to go everywhere in any case, even when they keep forever in Canada.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 07:58:48 AM »
My bad - you are right. I don’t like math so I promptly forgot about that task  :funny:

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 10:25:38 AM »
Great to see K-W again! I haven't been back there since '05, sadly, but I've heard from my friends that it's a booming place these days. Too bad they never crossed into my side of town next door, Cambridge, but a fairly satisfying episode.

I liked the science and technology-theme. Yeah, Jon must have been a little disappointed nobody even thought about choosing the beer task, but playing with those cool-looking robots would be hard for anyone to pass up :D

The cooking was a nice change from the sports Face Offs, I just wish they could have gotten Martina and Phil in to judge, because of their side series. The algebra, eh, I was never big on math, either, so that task was kind of a blur for me.

Sad to see Trish and Amy go, but it was only a matter of time for them. They were that team that's become a staple the previous couple years, one that gets saved twice and then promptly knocked out the next week.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 12:45:12 PM »
Prior to the season's filming, Maanca messaged me about what the show could do if they went to K-W. That got me excited, so when teams were spotted there, I had a bit of anticipation for this episode. Overall, it was a decent leg. It certainly ticked off all of the things expected of the region. It was a fun start with a controversy out of TAR 25, and it led to a fun moment with Sarah & Sam having the same problem at the Face Off. Having teams not fully know their destination was an interesting addition as well. 7 episodes in, and only 2 episodes had a Detour and a Roadblock. I don't mind production shaking teams up, but they do need to justify the format. The gravity task could have worked better as a Roadblock, and it was disappointing to lose out on Oktoberfest. It was surprising that Aarthy & Thinesh let their Express Pass expire when they had several opportunities, but it does bode well for them that they haven't used it and history could repeat. I haven't been excited for the Face Off in a while. It pretty much became stale with choosing a random sport and the ones in Corner Brook and in season 6 led to some less than competitive finishes. This one was better but not perfect. I didn't mind incorporating a sponsor if it leads to a creative idea (one much better than the Dempster's task last year). It could have been subjective, but the fact that teams had to cook from memory allowed noticeable mistakes to happen. The time penalty for losing also wasn't a death kneel. Trish & Amy were such a fun team this season, and it's sad that they are gone. Looking forward to next week as many teams might be out of their element.

Out of nowhere instant replay graphics.  :funny:
Jon with Callisto.  :funny:
Aarthy's directions.  :funny:
Dave's annoyance with the singing.  :funny:
Aarthy's cooking skills.  :funny:
Irina's demands.  :funny:

Balls: Simple task to start with after the blind drive.
Self-drive: They didn't have to do anything with the only penalty being an out of the way drive, but even that was somewhat negated with the choice to do the robot task.
Beer Fest: Absolute shame no one did this task because it looked like fun.
Robot Quest: Was good to see a task that tested the communication between team members, and it led to a lot of fun moments of miscommunication.
Bake Off: Like that there was a change compared to a random sport, and there was a bit of creativity in the task.
Gravity: Gave me flashbacks to physics class. A so-so task to end the leg, since the first three teams are math whizzes. It was one of the better tasks to end a leg when compared to seasons 5 and 6 because the penalized team actually had a chance due to the three way bunch.

3/5

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 03:27:34 PM »
There was a reasonably large window to get the right answer on the physics task too.  I did wonder if they could just guess an answer, but I assume it had to come from the equation.  I assume they had to use the number on the stopwatch for time, and not just make up numbers to get a different answer.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 04:43:37 PM »
Seems like the teams did not know the range of acceptable answers. Or they just ignored such a range because I think there were a few teams who asked for a check and gave numbers that were completely out of range.

Offline jimbitsgalore

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2019, 05:47:15 PM »
it was fun to see my town represented like this! it was unfortunate that no team selected the beer detour though—my friend’s parents actually helped out with the task and were disappointed that no one showed up :(

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2019, 06:11:43 PM »
The Oktoberfest Detour should've been a Road Block with the robot task just a regular Route Info or find something else to pair it with for the Detour.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2019, 03:16:33 AM »
Good episode this one! Kitchener-Waterloo seemed to a good location!

I enjoyed most the tasks this episode! Same that no-one did the Beer challenge, that seemed like fun!  :funny:. I really enjoyed the cooking Face-Off and it is the best task of the season, IMO!

This season is surprising me, considering my low expectations I had during the filming phrase and in the lead up to the series airing!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 07:18:37 AM »
I agree the Oktoberfest task should have been a Roadblock. Or they should have limited the teams on each side of the Detour. I think this is frustrating because of the involvement of local tourist boards who work with the show and want to highlight local attractions or features of their communities. All that prep work gone to waste. I know it's not the first time this has happened but this one kinda hurt.  :groan:

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »
Right now at the Wal Mart here, there's a Dempsters display set up at the front. And pictured on the side is those same three dishes from the show. Yes, including the tortilla pizza :o

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »
I agree the Oktoberfest task should have been a Roadblock. Or they should have limited the teams on each side of the Detour. I think this is frustrating because of the involvement of local tourist boards who work with the show and want to highlight local attractions or features of their communities. All that prep work gone to waste. I know it's not the first time this has happened but this one kinda hurt.  :groan:
Good point! TARC usually loves limited stations Detours, but we haven't had one this season, have we?

It really is crazy especially considering how huge the Oktoberfest is in Kitchener–Waterloo. Should've been a featured and highlighted task.