Author Topic: TARC 7 Episode 4 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!  (Read 8215 times)

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 7 Episode 4 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2019, 07:54:33 AM »
Did the mothers really tell the last place team to use their express pass as they were leaving?  I thought I heard that.

No, she told her partner to hurry because James/Anthony are going to use their EP (she was guessing but she was right). As soon as the moms got their clue, J/A used their EP

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 08:14:44 AM »
Did the mothers really tell the last place team to use their express pass as they were leaving?  I thought I heard that.

What's the furthest point north they've gone to on this race.?

I thought that they didn’t know that Anthony & James had an Express Pass and Amy was trying to let Trish know and to get out of there fast.

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2019, 08:36:40 AM »

What's the furthest point north they've gone to on this race.?

I thought that they didn’t know that Anthony & James had an Express Pass and Amy was trying to let Trish know and to get out of there fast.

Oh maybe that was it! They did show a scene of Amy behind Anthony when she sees he has an EP!
This leg was like leg 3 last season, almost no more EP. Good thing Aarthy and Tinish kept theirs.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2019, 08:56:44 AM »
Loved how challenging this leg was, with tasks that challenged racers physically and mentally.
Considering how self-driving heavy this season have been, I 'm a bit surprised that they decided to make this a heavy Taxi based leg, in a place where it seems that they are hard to come by. Wonder if it's a safety related issue. But keeping a taxi for the entire leg was definitely not cheap.

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2019, 09:46:25 AM »
What a difficult and fun leg!

Two Express Passes being used <333

Four tasks <3333

Latitude and Longitude <33333

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2019, 11:03:14 AM »
I noticed there was no Detour on this leg.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2019, 04:45:00 PM »
So, it has taken seven seasons to have a full leg in NWT. It has also been six seasons since the last leg to focus on cold weather tasks. Thankfully, the wait was well worth it because this leg was phenomenal. This leg was packed with exciting moments, tough challenges, taxi drama, Express Pass drama, money problems, and a penalty. It's ironic that this episode saw the return of cabatoge right after teams left Edmonton. While the show does a great job focusing on self-driving, it was great to see taxi drama due to the lower number of available cabs. Also, this is the third season in a row in which multiple Express Passes were used in one leg. I can completely understand why Anthony & James used theirs, but it's still crazy that Dave & Irina decided to use theirs on a task they didn't even attempt. The decision did lead to some fun drama later in the leg. I could nitpick considering the second Roadblock couldn't lead to any placement shifts and it was pretty apparent that the leg would be an NEL even before it aired, but I can look past those because this leg was pretty entertaining and one of the better domestic legs in recent memory.

Aarthy & Thinesh's ladle handling.  :funny:
Lauren & Joanne using the auger.  :funny:
"Sorry, we're closed." Finds an open door.  :funny:
"What's a meter?" "3 feet." "I'm 4 feet."  :funny:
"Do you have color?"  :funny:
This leg was the best unintentional PR for geologists.  :funny:

Ice Fishing: The task was a pretty typical cold climate task, but it did lead to some fun moments.
Diamonds: It's not surprising to see a diamond task while in Yellowknife, but this was a tough task. It wasn't straightforward and the multiple facets of the task led to quite a few trip ups.
Ice Swim: The task was straightforward and it was something already done on TAR 4. This isn't even the first cold water task to appear on TARC. At the same time, this task led to some tense moments with racers overcoming fears, and it led to Dave & Irina burning their Express Pass because Irina didn't want to be cold.
Maps: It's such a simple task, but it's crazy that so many teams struggled to the point where we saw a penalty though the fact that it was in -21 degree weather probably didn't help teams' minds. 

5/5
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 08:23:50 AM by Xoruz »

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2019, 02:53:57 AM »

No, she told her partner to hurry because James/Anthony are going to use their EP (she was guessing but she was right). As soon as the moms got their clue, J/A used their EP

Ok.  Well she seemed within earshot of the last place team as well, so I'm sure they'd take her words as a useful reminder.  :D  I'm not that big a fan of James/Anthony anyway, I thought their wearing of the skirts in the other leg was very gimmicky, and they are all racing for themselves ultimately and not give any particularly messages.