Author Topic: TAR 31 POLL  (Read 25342 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 31 POLL
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2018, 06:22:36 PM »
I like the setup of TAR 30, all teams that are highly competitive without other gimmicks. If they are a mix but most importantly, competitive, that is ideal.
I interprete the result to be consistent with having a TAR 30 type casting for TAR 31. Casts should always be highly competitive without gimmicks. I wanted to add a ointment I made about a returning Racers season downline at some point after TAR 31. I favor an all winners, never previously returned, season. In other words, winners who haven’t been returning Racers. I don’t think such a cast would be boring at all, as season 30 once again proved, a highly competitive cast is simply not boring. And returning past winners who haven’t been back will be highly motivated. I agree with Brennan Swain who commented on the FB poll that even winning teams will have changed from getting older, and the experiences they’ve had in the interim. So I do hope that if and when a returning Racers season is deemed appropriate it will be all past winners who haven’t been back.
-- theschnauzers

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2018, 10:51:41 PM »
I like the setup of TAR 30, all teams that are highly competitive without other gimmicks. If they are a mix but most importantly, competitive, that is ideal.
I interprete the result to be consistent with having a TAR 30 type casting for TAR 31. Casts should always be highly competitive without gimmicks. I wanted to add a ointment I made about a returning Racers season downline at some point after TAR 31. I favor an all winners, never previously returned, season. In other words, winners who haven’t been returning Racers. I don’t think such a cast would be boring at all, as season 30 once again proved, a highly competitive cast is simply not boring. And returning past winners who haven’t been back will be highly motivated. I agree with Brennan Swain who commented on the FB poll that even winning teams will have changed from getting older, and the experiences they’ve had in the interim. So I do hope that if and when a returning Racers season is deemed appropriate it will be all past winners who haven’t been back.
But you do have to take into consideration that, the most competitive team of a season not necessary are the winners. A lot of the time the most competitive fell short because of reason out of their control (e.g. Taxi problem, flight issue)

In fact, winners are sometimes the weaker ones in the season (e.g. Beekmans, Amy and Maya). A full cast of returning winners may not necessary yield 'the most competitive cast'

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2018, 12:27:47 AM »
Your argument is a matter of your opinion. Even assuming for argument’s sake that were true, being invited back would create a strong incentive to prove otherwise, and that motivation would equal competitiveness.
So I stand with what I posted before about having a returning Racers season of all winner who haven’t returned previously at some point.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2018, 12:55:55 AM »
I think we need another Unfished Business season, but with teams pre TAR 13.

So teams like Tara and Will, Kris and Jon, Derek and Drew, etc, can come back!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2018, 05:45:34 AM »
Thanks everyone for Voting! Appreciate your comments and input; :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.