Author Topic: TARC 7 Episode 3 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!  (Read 3545 times)

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARC 7 Episode 3 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« on: July 16, 2019, 10:39:30 AM »
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!

If you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!
Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  If you are in the easternmost Canadian provinces you could be ahead of us watching on EST.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!

NO POSTING BEFORE 8:40 P.M. Eastern, PLEASE!!!

LIVE Streams for members in the Usual Place. If you are not a member please register and then ask me or any of the mods for help. Keep in mind it can take up to 12 hours to get registered.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 7 Episode 3 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 10:00:23 PM »
1. Dave & Irina - Trip to Casablanca, Morocco
2. Aarthy & Thinesh
3. Anthony & James
4. Lauren & Joanne - Won $5,000 from The Source for taking the least steps on the step counters they wore for this leg.
5. Sarah & Sam
6. Meaghan & Marie
7. Trish & Amy
8. Gilles & Sean - Eliminated

The Double One-Way was blind, and basically it forced the target to do one specific side of the Detour. Lauren & Joanne used it on Trish & Amy, Sarah & Sam used it on Gilles & Sean.

Next week - Yellowknife, Northwest Territories

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 10:09:38 PM »
 :thankyou: Maanca for the great effort of this episode as where no one got a play-by-play analysis.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 10:13:04 PM »
I actually haven't seen it yet, myself =/

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 10:17:00 PM »
Providing my Vancouver stream works, I will be able to update play-by-play!

Does the show air at 9:00pm Pacific?

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 11:53:52 PM »
I actually don't know.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 12:04:17 AM »
Yes, show aired 9pm pacific - it just finished - I’ll update my summary tomorrow

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 01:57:18 AM »
Here’s a quick play by play: hope that helps

Drive to Kamloops
Fly on one of 2 flights to Edmonton via YVR
D&I give express pass to A&J
1st- D&I, A&T (Aarthy & Thinesh)
2nd- S&S,A&J, M&M, T&A (Trish & Amy), L&J, G&S

Find The Source at Southgate Centre - wear samsung galaxy smart watch that counts steps - least steps in this leg wins $5000

ROUTE INFO - go to high level bridge street car - double blind one way
L&J force Trish & Amy to celebrate
Sam & Sarah force Giles & Shawn to celebrate

DETOUR- Celebrate - go to Royal Alberta Museum - join Kokopelli Choir and learn S. African song & dance
T&A, G&S, M&M
or
Elevate - go to funicular and solve puzzle at top and bottom but can only switch one piece at a time
D&I, A&T, S&S, A&J, L&J

Elevate - D&I finish 1st, then A&T
Go to old strathcona antique market and look for Jon for your next clue
D&I find bobblehead Jon
A&T find bobblehead Jon
S&S, A&J, L&J, T&A, M&M, G&S

Go to Kurimoto Japanese Garden, UofA botanic garden
ROAD BLOCK - flower arrange
Irina & Thinesh
Lauren, Sarah, Anthony
Amy, Megan
Giles

find Jon at Aga Khan Garden, UofA botanic garden
1st D&I - trip to Casablanca
2nd A&T
3/4 A&J, L&J
5 S&S
6 M&M
7 T&A
Eliminated G&S

Least steps 5041 is L&J $5000

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 07:04:02 AM »
Double One Way, what a weird, yet powerful thing, but they shouldn't have made this first one blind. It did cause last two teams to be the last two teams of the leg.
As speculated by some, it allows a team to assign a specific side of the detour that another team must complete, without the option of switching.
I call it weird cause teams are allowed to read about the detour options, including the additional info BEFORE making a decision.
It was very uneven, as the detour options were clearly unbalanced. I wonder what would happen if each side wasn't so much easier than the other. It would be interesting if implemented to one of those blind Detours that we had in the US version a few seasons ago. It would make the W-OneWay more of a gamble.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 08:57:18 AM »
You forgot to mention:

Dave/Irina gave James/Anthony the express pass because they said they saved their lives by showing them they had to use the rope for the tree tasks in leg 2.

I love the one way twist. It's a great addition to the other twists (Utuwn/Yield/ETC.)
I agree for the drama they should have not made it blind, but maybe they were afraid nobody would use it as we are all nice Canadians haha

As much as I don't like Dave/Irina, TARC really needs villains like them each season to spice things up (as long as they don't win, people will be satisfied).

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 09:22:26 AM »
To keep my thoughts brief on the previous leg, I wasn't a big fan of it. To get the negatives of this leg out of the way first, while I understand why they prearrange flights, I wasn't a fan of the 2.5 hour gap between flights. Also, the Detour was a little unbalanced, but the rest of the leg was difficult enough to counter that and this was a pretty enjoyable episode all around. I thought that this leg was a much better representation of Edmonton than TARC 3 and featured some pretty unique tasks. Back when TARC 1 was announced as Canada only, there was some disappointment at the lack of international visits, but that season made up for it by including tasks that invoked foreign cultures in Canada pretty well. The past couple of seasons have moved away from that, but it was nice to see it return twice in this leg with the South African and Japanese tasks (would I like them to actually go there, of course). The One Way was an idea that has floated around for a while, so it was interesting to see TARC create it. Unlike a U-Turn, there is more strategy involved as there is no guarantee that the team affected will be delayed. Teams that are U-Turned will be delayed no matter what, and teams have to know the weaknesses of their competitors well enough to effectively use the One Way. I thought that this was a fine first outing and would like to see more of it in the future.

Thinesh taking large steps to lower his count.  :funny:
Aarthy looking for corner pieces before seeing that all of them are corners.  :funny:
Funicular small talk.  :funny:
Gilles's articulate singing.  :funny:
Irina saying that Dave was only good at giving flowers.  :funny:
James's face when Anthony suggested a bobblehead.  :funny:
Trish & Amy actually finding Jon in a magazine.  :funny:

Source: It was a product placement, and there has been step-counting elements in the Race before. At the same time, it was fine.
Celebrate: TARC loves their dance challenges, and this was a fun yet difficult task.
Elevate: While actually solving the puzzle wasn't hard, I liked the incorporation of the funicular to transfer puzzle pieces.
Bobblehead: I liked that it wasn't made clear what teams were looking for, which led to some fun guesses of what Jon was.
Ikebana: Liked that there was a pretty difficult task to end the leg.

4/5

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 04:56:31 PM »
I don't like these kind of twists in the game being blind, if someone makes a move they should at least be known for what they did.  Though a team was questioned about it at the mat with another team there, it would have been awkward to lie to the host who had obviously been told what happened.

Doing Japanese and South African tasks in Canada is funny but it just looks like a cheaper way to do it, and suggests, despite all the the nationalistic remarks we've heard on it over the years, that they really need non-Canadian tasks to liven it up now.

It is strange being able to look at both sides of the detour instructions, but they should definitely have to pick for themselves first and then look at what the other side says of course.  And all teams would have to be able to do that. 

It did look an unbalanced detour anyway.  But overall I think the whole leg was made to look harder than it actually was.  Not that many flowers, or puzzle pieces, or that hard a dance.  The shop did look large but I don't know how many of those bobble heads they planted around it.

The leg was interesting because of the variety of tasks and locations.  The father and son weren't likely to go a long way, but I would have preferred Meagan and Marie to go (with their storyline being pushed this week it looked possible), the twist definitely helped them.

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 08:58:30 AM »
This was another good episode!  I really like the concept of the One Way; it seems a little bit more fair than a U-Turn.  I also like the extra Route Markers and multi-step tasks we've seen this season!

Overall, TAR Canada seems to be proof that saving money on locations usually pays off with greater task quality :tup: