Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion  (Read 468657 times)

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2019, 11:06:49 PM »
There was a rather dark yet hilarious moment during the finale when Ariel & Karin were sitting on the side after constantly failing the first task and Ariel was trying to convince Karin that she could hold the rope by saying something like "pretend the rope is a baby," and Karin was like, "then the baby will die!" Keep in mind last episode we found out Karin wants to have five kids...

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2019, 03:39:58 AM »
Btw if you didn't know, that final challenge at Trump Tower Manila was a reference to when a crazy dude climbed up the New York Trump Tower using those same suction cup things. It was a huge police incident and he was arrested.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2019, 06:06:49 AM »
There was a rather dark yet hilarious moment during the finale when Ariel & Karin were sitting on the side after constantly failing the first task and Ariel was trying to convince Karin that she could hold the rope by saying something like "pretend the rope is a baby," and Karin was like, "then the baby will die!" Keep in mind last episode we found out Karin wants to have five kids...

Omg thanks for pointing that out! My understanding was completely scattered, idk I wasn't too concentrating at that point maybe due to me watching live at 2am here or is it just me. That's dark for sure.
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2019, 06:07:13 AM »
Btw if you didn't know, that final challenge at Trump Tower Manila was a reference to when a crazy dude climbed up the New York Trump Tower using those same suction cup things. It was a huge police incident and he was arrested.

Ooh I remember now! What a reference :v
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2019, 05:57:32 PM »
Show content
haven't watched the ep yet, but based on wiki that last task wasn't that bad? 2 of the 4 incorrect landmarks were within walking distance from the amusement park and the other 2 were within 5 kms of the amusement park, and all 4 were generally quickly navigable without having to venture into the more traffic-infested roads as long as you were able to keep your taxi

If you picked the wrong place you also had to go back and redo the task, delaying more.

finale

Show content
Anyway not much of a surprise about the winners and I was ok with it.  The best part was the team finishing 3rd not winning.  I was a bit puzzled by how it played out though.  Clearly Tia and Fay had a decent lead, but that all evaporated with the plane to Israel?  I'm assuming they kept to some kind of gaps as they left the plane.  The editing obviously showed them all at the boxes together, but were Tia and Fay just way in the lead anyway?  If they didn't keep to some gaps it made all the previous part of the leg in the Philippines pointless.  Tough leg for Karin but she persevered.  Working out a riddle is obviously much better than just guessing the location from a choice already given to teams.  Nice to see some of the other teams again, but disappointed not to see them mixing at the end.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2019, 06:18:23 PM »

finale

Show content
Anyway not much of a surprise about the winners and I was ok with it.  The best part was the team finishing 3rd not winning.  I was a bit puzzled by how it played out though.  Clearly Tia and Fay had a decent lead, but that all evaporated with the plane to Israel?  I'm assuming they kept to some kind of gaps as they left the plane.  The editing obviously showed them all at the boxes together, but were Tia and Fay just way in the lead anyway?  If they didn't keep to some gaps it made all the previous part of the leg in the Philippines pointless.  Tough leg for Karin but she persevered.  Working out a riddle is obviously much better than just guessing the location from a choice already given to teams.  Nice to see some of the other teams again, but disappointed not to see them mixing at the end.

Show content
Tia & Fey were shown hopping into a cab ahead of the other two when leaving Ben Gurion. The show was edited to make the teams closer together than they probably actually were, but it's clear to see that T&F did have a time advantage when leaving the airport, considering they were probably around a half hour to an hour ahead after their domination of the climbing task. It's likely they did exactly what they did in season 6, recording time differences when teams picked up the clue directing them to Israel, but for some reason just didn't explain it this season. It might be because T&F were so far ahead, it would've killed the suspense if they directly brought up the time differences.

EDIT:

Show content
I just perused the spoiler thread, and it was said that it took T&F about 3 hours to climb up Trump Tower. We can see in the show itself that they were almost finished by the time H&I and K&A get started on the task, so T&F had to be around 3 hours ahead when they got the clue directing them to Israel. Last season they showed the time differences on-screen, but showing T&F being 3 hours ahead would have definitely killed the drama, so they edited things to make it closer for sure
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 07:06:36 PM by G.B. »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2019, 06:10:08 AM »
I just realized that the final 3 here is pretty much the same as the final 3 of HaMerotz 2: an all-female team, two brothers, and a religious couple.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2019, 01:16:53 PM »
And as always, there'll be a Reunion episode this Wednesday IDT! Who's excited for this portion?
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2019, 01:17:55 PM »
I just realized that the final 3 here is pretty much the same as the final 3 of HaMerotz 2: an all-female team, two brothers, and a religious couple.

Yep I do remember that!
With...
Show content
in both seasons, the all-female team won. Just the second and third place that differs.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline the_exTIMinator

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #259 on: September 25, 2019, 01:30:52 AM »
If there’s a way to watch the season of HaMerotz with English subtitles, I’d love to see it. I don’t understand much Hebrew.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: September 25, 2019, 12:00:57 PM »
this was a kinda disappointing finale? pretty much my main issues with the season were all on full display in this finale, with only the best team of the Final 3 winning to alleviate it; idk, the season was a ride from start to finish but this was a flat final note
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #261 on: September 27, 2019, 10:14:37 AM »
So there’s a moment in the reunion episode that I sincerely hope I misheard...I think Eden said she and Aviad have been married for nine years. Based on how long ago their pre-race footage was filmed, she’s 24/25, he’s 38/39. If you do the math...yikes.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #262 on: September 28, 2019, 02:46:41 AM »
So scary to see Karin at the concert when the missile attack happened. So glad she's okay.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2019, 08:21:10 PM »
...and how exactly eating a bowl of tofu factors into that. Does eating the bowl 'replace' one necklace?

If teams wish to not make the necklace, they must eat the stinky tofu.

I have a question for you, since the finale is airing on Sunday: did people in Israel get tired of how long the last few seasons were? Because this season is significantly shorter than seasons 4-6 that all had around 40 episodes.
Please converts some ARI tasks into Detour & Roadblock, in first two seasons there were 10 RBs & 10 Detours for each
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:26:06 PM by toanglobal »

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2019, 08:19:34 AM »
...and how exactly eating a bowl of tofu factors into that. Does eating the bowl 'replace' one necklace?

If teams wish to not make the necklace, they must eat the stinky tofu.

I have a question for you, since the finale is airing on Sunday: did people in Israel get tired of how long the last few seasons were? Because this season is significantly shorter than seasons 4-6 that all had around 40 episodes.
Please converts some ARI tasks into Detour & Roadblock, in first two seasons there were 10 RBs & 10 Detours for each

I do agree! There are some Roadblock and Detour-worthy tasks instead of just keeping it as Route Info. Moreover, I thought they saved the (even) harder ones for Roadblocks and Detours until I saw there were like only 2 RBs and even 2 Detours (wait there's this one Route Info that should've been a Detour, unless it's like picking 1/4, like in Vietnam 6 if I'm not mistaken).
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2019, 09:19:20 PM »
Also, how hilarious would it be it someone had voted for someone else than Ran & Ben?

11-way tie for 1 vote, so I guess everyone would have to wait out the Yield. So close :lol:

I believe that the Yield would be cancelled. This is what I believe happened in Sri Lanka during season 2. There was a U-Turn vote (you can very clearly see the voting board), but nothing ever happened with it. It was the final 5, so I believe they all voted for each other and it was cancelled.
U-turn in Sri lanka leg was canceled because Bar & Inna took the fast forward, at that time most team targed Bar & Inna, Akiva & Anaelle, another unaired U-turn was HMLM 4 leg 7 in UK

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2019, 05:37:48 PM »
Also, how hilarious would it be it someone had voted for someone else than Ran & Ben?

11-way tie for 1 vote, so I guess everyone would have to wait out the Yield. So close :lol:

I believe that the Yield would be cancelled. This is what I believe happened in Sri Lanka during season 2. There was a U-Turn vote (you can very clearly see the voting board), but nothing ever happened with it. It was the final 5, so I believe they all voted for each other and it was cancelled.
U-turn in Sri lanka leg was canceled because Bar & Inna took the fast forward, at that time most team targed Bar & Inna, Akiva & Anaelle, another unaired U-turn was HMLM 4 leg 7 in UK

The Fast Forward in Sri Lanka happened after the Detour, so Bar & Inna still would have hit the U-Turn before taking it.