Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion  (Read 468638 times)

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2019, 09:17:51 PM »
Show content
Eyal & Sid have been bothering me the past couple of legs because they started mocking teams for failing to get them out with Yields, so I was the least invested in them making the finale of the four teams. I'm very excited for this final 3, and I'm hoping for a good finale.

How did Itzhak not know where Haviv was born when they share the same birthplace?  :funny:
The filipina host did not believe in the twin psychic link.  :funny:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2019, 10:02:49 PM »
Show content
Eyal & Sid have been bothering me the past couple of legs because they started mocking teams for failing to get them out with Yields, so I was the least invested in them making the finale of the four teams. I'm very excited for this final 3, and I'm hoping for a good finale.

How did Itzhak not know where Haviv was born when they share the same birthplace?  :funny:
The filipina host did not believe in the twin psychic link.  :funny:

Show content
Who is the Pit Stop greeter in the Philippine leg? Proud to be a Filipino.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2019, 10:16:57 PM »
 :furious: :dick :furious: :furious: :dick :furious: :dick :dick :dick :furious: :groan:
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2019, 11:24:42 PM »
Show content
haven't watched the ep yet, but based on wiki that last task wasn't that bad? 2 of the 4 incorrect landmarks were within walking distance from the amusement park and the other 2 were within 5 kms of the amusement park, and all 4 were generally quickly navigable without having to venture into the more traffic-infested roads as long as you were able to keep your taxi
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2019, 07:36:25 AM »
Show content
haven't watched the ep yet, but based on wiki that last task wasn't that bad? 2 of the 4 incorrect landmarks were within walking distance from the amusement park and the other 2 were within 5 kms of the amusement park, and all 4 were generally quickly navigable without having to venture into the more traffic-infested roads as long as you were able to keep your taxi
Show content
The final three should not be decided by pure luck
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2019, 12:05:02 PM »
Show content
Show content
Show content
theoretically yes, but based on what we have seen in previous seasons, it could have deeeeeeeeeefinitely been far worse so I'm not complaining :duno: *especially* since the luck task saved who are easily the best team left
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 12:09:02 PM by ImANewUser »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2019, 04:49:35 PM »
Are the spoilers just about the Wednesday episode?  Helps to indicate what spoiler comments may refer to.

Anyway on the Wednesday episode and the last few.

Sid and Eyal really have had the worst luck with taxis on this race, several times being shown to have drivers who didn't know the location to go to.  I was so relieved they beat Nisim and Orel who were definitely lucky several times.  I generally didn't like the boot order on this (right from the injury at the start), and Tali and Gili basically helped Nisim/Orel survive by not paying attention in the luck task.  Luck hasn't really favoured teams I've liked on this race and even when it did there they there they couldn't take advantage. 

Monday last week I had no idea what the talk about credit cards was as the episode hadn't been uploaded.  As it's normally prompt I assumed there hadn't been a Monday episode.  Maybe it would be good to have a weekly schedule on when episodes are during seasons, as some versions definitely have variation at points.

I was wondering in the last few legs how many of these tasks are actually related to the culture of the local area.  And in China there was quite a strange leg where it looked like it was more a comedy than a race, with the dance/singing task (obviously meant to be judged very leniently) and some tv shopping task where they just seemed to fool around.  I still didn't find the twins funny, they may find Chinese a funny language, but I find their brand of humour very unfunny. 

The good thing was that most of the tasks on the race weren't easy and teams didn't appear to help each other.  If they did it wasn't shown that I could tell.  The yields may have shown alliances but could have just been teams following whoever other teams were yielding so they wouldn't get the most votes themselves.

One thing I really missed in this was navigation, not taxi luck although they rarely focused on the taxis even.  Sometimes it just seemed like one task after another, and the transport/navigation in between was just the boring bit that should be skipped over.  It was quite a shock in one leg when we saw Ariel and Karin running around trying to find somewhere, actual race drama that wasn't related to a task but to contestants actually having to find somewhere.

The luck tasks have obviously added drama but at the same time made it a lottery.  And as with lotteries it seems you rarely win, and I didn't with these.  The possibility was dangled that a certain team would go out before the finale, but of course it didn't happen.  The last luck task reminded me of another version, possibly the Canadian one, where teams had to find a large sign.  But it turned out this sign was in two different places and only one was the actual pit stop.  I don't like to spoil other seasons so just to say on that

Show content
It turned out it was a non-elimination leg, as legs dependent on luck should be.

I know which team I don't want to win.  I don't mind the other two, though the edit seemingly making out that Tia and Fay were beset by villains who they had to valiantly fight against has annoyed me.  One of the best things about them for foreign viewers is that they do speak more English than anyone else.  It was interesting to see in their family segment that they had far fewer people, indicating further how they are different from all the others left.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 04:53:10 PM by Musicon »

Offline aaa2123

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2019, 09:22:16 AM »
Hello, I'm an Israeli new discoverer of the forum :)
I've read some of this ongoing discussion in the past. I kind of regret that I didn't register to here before, because I had (and still have) a lot to say about a lot of things that have happened in this season.
I want to know what you think about the teams and the tasks, because I think that this things haven't been discussed here that much (especially the teams).
But this question is too general, and so I had to find something that will summarize (well, sort of summarize) what I think.

The best thing I found is the questions on "The Golden Envelope Ceremony 2019" (the litteraly translation of "2019 טקס מעטפת הזהב")
This is a survey that Reshet 13 posted on thier website.
Link: https://13tv.co.il/item/mood/the-amazing-race/season-07/self/ww74j-1065817/

Here are the questions (translated by me) in the order they appear:
1. Who is the most complaining team? | ?מי הזוג הכי מתלונן
2. Who is the most sportic team? | ?מי הזוג הכי ספורטיבי
3. Who had the best realationship? | ?למי הייתה את הזוגיות הכי טובה
4. Who is the most groomed team? | ?מי הזוג הכי מטופח
5. Who is the funniest team? | ?מי הזוג הכי מצחיק
6. Who is the most strategist team? | ?מי הזוג הכי אסטרטג
7. Who is the most competitive team? | ?מי הזוג הכי תחרותי
8. Who is the bravest team? | ?מי הזוג הכי אמיץ
9. Who would you like to be friends with in reality? | ?עם איזה זוג הייתם רוצים להיות חברים במציאות
10. Who is the most nagging team? | ?מי הזוג הכי חופר

There is also a survey of The Most Beloved Team, also on Reshet 13's website.
Link: https://13tv.co.il/item/mood/the-amazing-race/season-07/self/xorci-1065137/

I will post what I answered and will explain why I answered what I answered.

I tried my best with the translations and with my English, sorry for any mistakes.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2019, 12:44:44 AM »
Hello, I'm an Israeli new discoverer of the forum :)
I've read some of this ongoing discussion in the past. I kind of regret that I didn't register to here before, because I had (and still have) a lot to say about a lot of things that have happened in this season.
I want to know what you think about the teams and the tasks, because I think that this things haven't been discussed here that much (especially the teams).
But this question is too general, and so I had to find something that will summarize (well, sort of summarize) what I think.

The best thing I found is the questions on "The Golden Envelope Ceremony 2019" (the litteraly translation of "2019 טקס מעטפת הזהב")
This is a survey that Reshet 13 posted on thier website.
Link: https://13tv.co.il/item/mood/the-amazing-race/season-07/self/ww74j-1065817/

Here are the questions (translated by me) in the order they appear:
1. Who is the most complaining team? | ?מי הזוג הכי מתלונן
2. Who is the most sportic team? | ?מי הזוג הכי ספורטיבי
3. Who had the best realationship? | ?למי הייתה את הזוגיות הכי טובה
4. Who is the most groomed team? | ?מי הזוג הכי מטופח
5. Who is the funniest team? | ?מי הזוג הכי מצחיק
6. Who is the most strategist team? | ?מי הזוג הכי אסטרטג
7. Who is the most competitive team? | ?מי הזוג הכי תחרותי
8. Who is the bravest team? | ?מי הזוג הכי אמיץ
9. Who would you like to be friends with in reality? | ?עם איזה זוג הייתם רוצים להיות חברים במציאות
10. Who is the most nagging team? | ?מי הזוג הכי חופר

There is also a survey of The Most Beloved Team, also on Reshet 13's website.
Link: https://13tv.co.il/item/mood/the-amazing-race/season-07/self/xorci-1065137/

I will post what I answered and will explain why I answered what I answered.

I tried my best with the translations and with my English, sorry for any mistakes.

Aha! Kind of the superlative awards or some sorts (that's why it's general).
I haven't voted there yet, but I already voted for the Fan Favorite thing.

Bruchim habaim shel RFF!
And as someone who watched three-fourth of the season (I haven't got into the leg 11 part 3 yet but I wanna know why by watching), first of all I'm glad on the episode pace–it's back to the season 2-ish when there were like 20+ eps instead of 40+ back in season 6. I mean, if they really wanna show a bit detailed on the process or idk how to say it, this pace is enough (or like season 5 but they took... 35-ish eps). The teams, they have their own characters (and uniquities in a way?), but I agree with most (or several) people here that even if in the end not all eliminations are purely luck (eg sooner or later with or without a luck task several teams could just be eliminated there, or there are several mishaps happened to them after that task idk), but the prevalence of it in near the Pit Stop really bothers–as if it all came down to that task instead of previous seasons while not all near Pit Stop tasks ended up with luck, or 'What's the point of being skillful?'

If you guys can add or modify things from this it'll be great! I'm trying to summarize what has been discussed here though.
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2019, 12:49:04 AM »
Show content
Show content
Oh oops this has been happening as far back as TAR6 with the locks and that was iconic so

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2019, 12:51:50 AM »
The luck tasks have obviously added drama but at the same time made it a lottery.  And as with lotteries it seems you rarely win, and I didn't with these.  The possibility was dangled that a certain team would go out before the finale, but of course it didn't happen.  The last luck task reminded me of another version, possibly the Canadian one, where teams had to find a large sign.  But it turned out this sign was in two different places and only one was the actual pit stop.  I don't like to spoil other seasons so just to say on that

Regarding the Pit Stop, idk why I also reminded to the second Namibian leg of HMLM 5?
They played a catapult of 5 possible Pit Stops, if you're accurately throwing it to the picture of them you'll get a clue to that certain Pit Stop, but one of them is the real one. So if they couldn't find Sir Shahar, they need to go back play that catapult until they got the right Pit Stop.

(The thing I remember was a team walked while another team took a taxi there back then? Oh welp. That might be a different thing but I suddenly remember that one, excuse my memory.)

And regarding luck tasks that point makes sense as well... looked like a lottery.
Now that tonight IDT is the season finale, I hope it's a combination of being skillful and a bit of luck as well. I remembered the season 6 final task thing (thanks to that task it added to my Israeli music collection as well), hope it's like that (I mean the combination, the task could be different).
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2019, 01:09:25 AM »
My favorite thing about the HaMerotz 6 finale was that the only team that screwed up the final task based on Israeli music was the team with a famous Israeli singer on it...and I couldn't stand them lol

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2019, 08:33:43 AM »
My favorite thing about the HaMerotz 6 finale was that the only team that screwed up the final task based on Israeli music was the team with a famous Israeli singer on it...and I couldn't stand them lol

YESH! Irony is delicious.
I wanna see that part (since I missed most of the sixth season) to actually collect the songs though :v I love collecting songs by watching :D
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2019, 10:50:42 AM »

:bigwelcome to RFF aaa2123! 

Great questions!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 10:53:46 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2019, 12:09:16 PM »
Finale in one hour! Not sure if I can stream it here in Indo, but I hope it ends exciting!
Show content
My wishlist of the final task is still the same, the combination for being skillful and a little bit of luck, let's say like the HMLM 6 one–or if it is a maze and self-drive ending like HMLM 5, they could just show the whole self-driving process or is it just me who didn't get it back then...
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »
Anyone outside Israel: Are you guys watching the Finale live? Apparently I found a working link but not sure shall I share it here or not since it is not the official link that I'm using (or you guys have found one then that's cool.).
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2019, 03:36:15 PM »
Show content
OMG OMG I'M SO HAPPY
Show content
TIA & FAY WON THE RACE!!
That team grows on me exactly after they have been Yielded, then nailed that NEL until they've won the Race! I love their spirit, I love their determination, and they have proven to the world that they're ruthless!
I'm happy for
Show content
Karin and Ariel as well for placing second.

Side note: I love the riddle question for real. I've heard that song for some time–but I didn't expect them to be a riddle among anything else. If looking at the answer, it was not in the Knesset, right–but look who
Show content
lost their luck and went to the Knesset instead, placing them third.

What a season this has been. This is the first season I've been watching in full, I love this pace of airing, that's not bad for showing TAR at a detail, but please I love these kind of riddles way better than the actual pot luck ones (albeit the elimination cause, some of it, was not the task, but other factors as we see it).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 03:44:41 PM by tatasport »
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2019, 03:37:27 PM »
Anyway, what do you guys think about this season insofar, and in an event of a returnee season (like all returnee), who do you guys want to see again?
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2019, 03:40:17 PM »
Congratulations!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2019, 04:11:06 PM »
Very happy for the winning team, congratulations
Show content
Tia & Fay  :jumpy:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2019, 06:07:38 PM »
I like that they did the Amazing Race 9 thing, almost. The finish line was the same place as the first Pit Stop.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2019, 08:23:40 PM »
Show content
Show content
considering the 6 FF teams this season, I'm glad one of them won!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2019, 09:57:01 PM »
A great end to a very lackluster series. I'm glad they at least managed to go out on a high note. I was cheering for these two from the very beginning. It's especially gratifying to see them win because, back in leg 1, I accidentally saw something that I THOUGHT was a spoiler saying they would be eliminated, so I was sort of just waiting and waiting for it to happen. But then they won, so it's like wow!

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2019, 10:52:46 PM »
Show content
I shouldn't be surprised that Tia & Fay won given that someone somewhere else pointed out that they had a MASSIVE winner's edit, but I saw a comment on Instagram a while back saying something like "not to spoil, but the Mamans (Haviv & Itzhak) won." And given how I was spoiled on Evelin & Tohar's win via Instagram comment as well, I assumed it was right and was ready to be disappointed that Tia & Fay wouldn't win even though they had a lead, just like with Daniel & Eliyahu last season. But THEY WON AND I WAS SO HAPPY. Honestly? Tia & Fay are now my favorite HaMerotz team of all time. Before I kept flip-flopping between Daniel & Eliyahu and Josie & Alex, but both disappointingly came up short in the end. Tia & Fay were already in my top 5 or even top 3, but them winning catapulted them right to the top.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2019, 10:56:36 PM »
Show content
I shouldn't be surprised that Tia & Fay won given that someone somewhere else pointed out that they had a MASSIVE winner's edit, but I saw a comment on Instagram a while back saying something like "not to spoil, but the Mamans (Haviv & Itzhak) won." And given how I was spoiled on Evelin & Tohar's win via Instagram comment as well, I assumed it was right and was ready to be disappointed that Tia & Fay wouldn't win even though they had a lead, just like with Daniel & Eliyahu last season. But THEY WON AND I WAS SO HAPPY. Honestly? Tia & Fay are now my favorite HaMerotz team of all time. Before I kept flip-flopping between Daniel & Eliyahu and Josie & Alex, but both disappointingly came up short in the end. Tia & Fay were already in my top 5 or even top 3, but them winning catapulted them right to the top.

Show content
No wonder why they grew on me as well from the start to the finish of the Race. And for me, they're also one of my fave teams this season (along with Ariel & Karin and Eyal & Sid, but my support to the latter began to lower or something after Tia & Fay survived that NEL, enjoyed seeing Gili & Tali as well!).
🇮🇱🇫🇷