Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion  (Read 468637 times)

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2019, 06:30:23 AM »
With spoiler tags it's best to indicate what they relate to, if just this episode I'll open, if for later things or other seasons I won't.

The end was obviously harking back to an earlier US season.

Show content
Rob and Amber - first all stars I think it was, I didn't like it then either.  A good team eliminated just by bad luck.

The edit teased me with the hope that the twins would be eliminated.  It seems the norm for teams to just take time out from tasks at times, and they seem to get away with it.

I think for most it's good to have the double suspense of a race to the mat and the confirmation of it being a non-elimination.  The close race is good, but unless you want to know what happens in advance you don't get anything from knowing that's all the suspense you'll get.

There was less picking up all the food and stuffing it in their mouths and more use of knives and forks.  Funny seeing the last team just enjoying the food they could in the 15 minute delay.

They seem to use Israeli music as a means of highlighting this as Amazing Race Israel, but the music showcased hasn't been that good imo.

I was wondering what the conversation between Tali and Gili and Nisim and Orel at the food was about.  I know they have had some problems before, Tali saying she wouldn't be Nisim's mother when they were held up by a yield.

Offline PAHC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2019, 03:31:11 PM »
They seem to use Israeli music as a means of highlighting this as Amazing Race Israel, but the music showcased hasn't been that good imo.

It's not really a showcase of Israeli music, rather a random pool of Hebrew songs vaguely relating to a task or country - as Israelis would be able to relate to the music better.

I was wondering what the conversation between Tali and Gili and Nisim and Orel at the food was about.

Show content
Basically, Tali and Gili realized that Michal and Omer were next to perform the Double Battle - and seeing as they're models, T&G assumed they wouldn't be able to eat much. They decided to try asking Nisim and Orel if they'd be able to forfeit the Double Battle against them.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2019, 04:38:16 PM »

It's not really a showcase of Israeli music, rather a random pool of Hebrew songs vaguely relating to a task or country - as Israelis would be able to relate to the music better.

I didn't mean that it's a showcase of music, more that it just makes it a more Israeli program, and I assume that's one of the purposes doing that.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2019, 10:22:50 PM »
Here's something to consider: what's the penalty for quitting a task on HaMerotz? I'm pretty sure we only saw it once back in season 2, it was iirc two hours? Because if I was on the race and near the front of the pack, the minute I saw there was a luck task right before the pitstop I would just quit and go to the pitstop, knowing some teams may probably take longer than the penalty time to complete the task. Unless that's not allowed...

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2019, 10:42:13 PM »
I honestly don't think it's allowed, except for injury and forfeiting the Head-to-Head. Nobody ever quits tasks, and there's never any time penalties. It seems like production on this show watches contestants and won't let them move on until they do it, and do it right.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2019, 05:11:16 AM »
I honestly don't think it's allowed, except for injury and forfeiting the Head-to-Head. Nobody ever quits tasks, and there's never any time penalties. It seems like production on this show watches contestants and won't let them move on until they do it, and do it right.

And this is the most likely why, after dramatic and tension-istic expressions (it's more like they wanna give up at some point), teams re-tried, and they've done that task. Did I understand that correctly?!
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2019, 06:14:02 AM »
Of course there can be leniency in some kinds of tasks, the dancing task recently for example wasn't judged that hard.  And if someone is at the back and about to be eliminated maybe they just let them go to the end than wait forever.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2019, 03:30:54 AM »
Hang on...
Show content
This Wednesday, there'll be kind of a recap ep about the racers' behind the scene as we saw like on HMLM's Insta, so they recorded things in between tasks or something... whoa! This looks exciting to me in a way, since usually the race's stacked with all those tasks etc. etc.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
Oh, yeah, I guess it's about that time in the season, isn't it? A spoiler tag isn't really necessary for that :P

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2019, 06:27:03 PM »
Oh, yeah, I guess it's about that time in the season, isn't it? A spoiler tag isn't really necessary for that :P

Oops :D
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2019, 07:02:38 PM »
So filler episode then (in the style of US BB), so they only have one a season?

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2019, 09:52:53 PM »
So filler episode then (in the style of US BB), so they only have one a season?

Or sometimes, two (the one near Season Finale something).
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2019, 10:33:56 PM »
I haven't seen earlier seasons, so don't want specific information on those at this point.  But it does make it sound like it's hard for stronger teams to get to the end.  There is at least, from what I can tell, a limit to the yield time of 15 minutes.  Also it seems all teams can yield, so can all teams u-turn as well, like in the recent vote for u-turn on the US version?  It can make it like Big Brother where teams can just decide who to target until they leave.  At this point there isn't a clear pattern to me, which is better.  Some teams near the back are targeting others near the back.  Some stronger teams have been yielded too.  Though some teams so far are obviously strong but aren't being targeted that much, such as Eyal and Sid and Haviv and Itzak.  Maybe the winners are those who just try and keep in the middle of the pack most of the time and just get along with everyone.  But people just trying to get along would be a boring race.

The legs of TARI are usually longer and contain more tasks so the yield/U-turn is not that effective as in other versions. In most season after two or three legs teams understand the system a bit better and start to coordinated the votes. Unfortunately, the outcome of this usually manifests in repeated yield/U-turn of the same teams over and over again. Typically, a sightly below average team (a team that is strong enough to overpower the"sheep to the slaughterer" type teams but not strong enough to be in front) is the victim of such strategy and find themselves out between 6h-4th place with the exception of Bar&Inna that were able to pull off a win with the help of two NELs.

Two NELs and a FF (if I'm not mistaken)?
But I remembered at a point on the fifth season in Namibia that of all things, Yael & Yosiel completed the Detour (notice that they're being U-Turned) like faster than several of those who voted to U-Turn them (e.g. Shon & Kim), so I do agree for this kind of longer legs, it's like ineffective or something for those competent teams (unless there are other twists/more challenging tasks near the end of the leg... idk more).
But I remember that in this leg (Leg 10 season 2), Bar & Inna had completed several tasks included the detour before took up a Fast forward

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2019, 01:41:51 PM »
I haven't seen earlier seasons, so don't want specific information on those at this point.  But it does make it sound like it's hard for stronger teams to get to the end.  There is at least, from what I can tell, a limit to the yield time of 15 minutes.  Also it seems all teams can yield, so can all teams u-turn as well, like in the recent vote for u-turn on the US version?  It can make it like Big Brother where teams can just decide who to target until they leave.  At this point there isn't a clear pattern to me, which is better.  Some teams near the back are targeting others near the back.  Some stronger teams have been yielded too.  Though some teams so far are obviously strong but aren't being targeted that much, such as Eyal and Sid and Haviv and Itzak.  Maybe the winners are those who just try and keep in the middle of the pack most of the time and just get along with everyone.  But people just trying to get along would be a boring race.

The legs of TARI are usually longer and contain more tasks so the yield/U-turn is not that effective as in other versions. In most season after two or three legs teams understand the system a bit better and start to coordinated the votes. Unfortunately, the outcome of this usually manifests in repeated yield/U-turn of the same teams over and over again. Typically, a sightly below average team (a team that is strong enough to overpower the"sheep to the slaughterer" type teams but not strong enough to be in front) is the victim of such strategy and find themselves out between 6h-4th place with the exception of Bar&Inna that were able to pull off a win with the help of two NELs.

Two NELs and a FF (if I'm not mistaken)?
But I remembered at a point on the fifth season in Namibia that of all things, Yael & Yosiel completed the Detour (notice that they're being U-Turned) like faster than several of those who voted to U-Turn them (e.g. Shon & Kim), so I do agree for this kind of longer legs, it's like ineffective or something for those competent teams (unless there are other twists/more challenging tasks near the end of the leg... idk more).
But I remember that in this leg (Leg 10 season 2), Bar & Inna had completed several tasks included the detour before took up a Fast forward

I see, thanks for reminding me about that.
And yes, after that recap and this ep airing atm, it'll also air this Sunday (whoa, another sudden announcement from what I saw on HMLM's official Insta). Enjoy the leg in Nepal, everyone!
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2019, 03:10:04 PM »
Oh no, here come the granola bars on HaMerotz, too. Take that, Clif Bar :lol:

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2019, 03:11:52 PM »
This has been a crazy day of firsts.

Did the granola industry buy out TAR? (No digs at TAR Canada, but I prefer Nature Valley over Clif) Also, probably not the best idea to put food in a place inhabited by moneys.  :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2019, 08:54:55 PM »
Well, finally! I have no idea why Nepal has never been visited before now. It seems like such an obvious destination for a travel show like TAR... This was great. I had a lot of fun watching this one.

Though, I think the editors made a HUGE mistake during this episode.... (Possible elimination spoiler below)

Show content
When teams are leaving Mauritius, there's a shot of Tia & Fey excitedly running to the airport's front door.

...the KATHMANDU airport's front door.

At least, I'm pretty sure. You can CLEARLY see Nepalese text written above the door. If so, this pretty much confirms that Tia & Fey survive the leg(s) in Nepal and will move on to the next country. I mean, really? Did they think nobody would notice that?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:59:55 PM by G.B. »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2019, 09:09:44 PM »
Well, finally! I have no idea why Nepal has never been visited before now. It seems like such an obvious destination for a travel show like TAR... This was great. I had a lot of fun watching this one.

Though, I think the editors made a HUGE mistake during this episode.... (Possible elimination spoiler below)

Show content
When teams are leaving Mauritius, there's a shot of Tia & Fey excitedly running to the airport's front door.

...the KATHMANDU airport's front door.

At least, I'm pretty sure. You can CLEARLY see Nepalese text written above the door. If so, this pretty much confirms that Tia & Fey survive the leg(s) in Nepal and will move on to the next country. I mean, really? Did they think nobody would notice that?

Definitely the reason why so many people, myself included, were happy to finally see a leg there. It's very reminiscent yet completely distinct to its neighbor to the south. Though, that step task seemed a little cruel.

With regards to the spoiler text
Show content
there was French (Porte 13) and Hindi on that door belonging to the Mauritian airport. Don't worry, it's not a spoiler.

https://www.viator.com/en-AU/tours/Port-Louis/Private-Departure-Transfer-Hotel-to-Mauritius-Airport/d4464-6559MRUHTLAPTPT

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2019, 02:59:47 AM »
At the product placement stops (like the fruit mixer before) I'm assuming they have to stop for a specified period.  The interaction with the monkeys actually made the episode more enjoyable and the producers may have realised they would gravitate to the food stations as well.

I immediately thought the part that was badly thought out was having the puzzles right next to each other, I'm assuming there was a rule where you couldn't just go to another puzzle station and check but they were so close you could just look across anyway.

The twins were struggling at one point again but just a teaser once more, they are one of the more annoying teams I've seen.

Offline PAHC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2019, 05:35:44 AM »
Apparently there's also an episode today!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2019, 03:03:06 PM »
So another leg in Nepal? This was a city leg, hopefully the second one takes them more out into the country. I want to see them traversing some of those rugged mountain roads :)

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2019, 02:06:32 PM »
So on the second episode of the weekend...

A task about Israel using tourists in Nepal?  Very strange.  Maybe they are trying to say they are promoting Israel, saying come here etc.

On the elimination

Show content
Though I've liked Tali and Gili I would have preferred them going as I can't see them getting to the end.  I had a feeling they were way behind after the comment earlier, so the luck task at the end seemed to save them.  At least I wasn't spoiled like I thought I was and it looked close and tense.  Eden and Aviad went out with the same drama they ran the race.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2019, 09:09:09 PM »
Sigh...

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2019, 10:47:43 PM »
Sigh...
What? I didn't think this luck task was that bad. Tia & Fay finished it before anyone else got there which is super rare for HaMerotz, plus it didn't directly eliminate a team.
Show content
It's been a long time since we've seen elimination by Yield on HaMerotz, and the fact that Aviad & Eden got passed up by not one but two teams made it rather welcome for me. Not that I have anything against them, in fact I would have preferred Ariel & Karin to go, but it's one of those things that could only happen on HaMerotz so I'm kinda glad in a way!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2019, 10:55:15 PM »
Why is Wikipedia listing "Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee" as a destination? Are there spoiler pics of an unaired location?

What? I didn't think this luck task was that bad.

Because it punished Karin & Ariel. They did so well in this leg and they got punished so hard. That's not fun to watch. But more than that, it's not so much a sigh that there's a luck task, but a sigh that there's STILL a luck task, and it's happening over and over and over and over and over again. If it wasn't after EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN LEG, I wouldn't be sighing so much.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 10:58:25 PM by G.B. »