Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion  (Read 468661 times)

Offline PAHC

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2019, 11:47:22 AM »
Well, this is the first final task I can outright say was awful. I personally am not a fan of Tia and Fey, but they sure as hell didn't deserve to fall from 2nd (after a U-Turn, no less!) to last.
The task itself was also inherently bad. Its scenery was, let's say... not the greatest. And its entire premise was both not fun to watch and probably very unenjoyable for the teams to go through.

I definitely agree with G.B. about this one.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2019, 12:01:22 PM »
I left a comment on HaMerotz’s Instagram page in Hebrew that said:

“I’m a Jew from America that also loves the American race, and I have a question: Why does every leg end with a luck task? Do you guys in Israel like seeing this? All the tasks before are meaningless because everything can get mixed up in a task that the teams have no control over. I just wanted to know what you guys in Israel thought because the American race doesn’t have this. Also, what happened to the intro at the start of every episode? There was in intro with all the teams in seasons 1-5, but there wasn’t in season 6 or this season. Does this bother you like it bothers me?”

Curious to see if I get any responses.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2019, 12:32:49 PM »
The dancing (though it was no doubt judged very leniently) was by far the best part of the latest episode, definitely funny with Eden's ballet and some others.  The last task was like they were running out of ideas of how to do another luck based task.  Fey, the smaller one, is quite dramatic and sassy - I much prefer her to Tia.  I don't see anyone as villains, the game allows you to just target the same people so it's natural to do that, you get less blood on your hands.  I'd blame the rules for just making it too easy to do that. 

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2019, 05:31:48 PM »

Here is the best shot we have of the clue directing teams to the sugarcane field. Wikipedia identifies it as a field somewhere in Bel Air Rivière Sèche. However, you can see written on the clue "Off B8 La Baraque" which, as far as I can tell, is nowhere near Bel Air. It's located near Rivière-des-Anguilles, and you can see "Anguilles" in the clue as well. It's a bit confusing that "Bel Air" is written in the clue as well, so my best guess was that the name of the property was Bel Air something something Sugarcane, while it was located in Rivière-des-Anguilles.

Thoughts? Disagreements?

Also, can somebody update the Wikipedia page for the sugar mill and change it to Savannah Sugar Factory. I'm 99% sure that's the correct place. Satellite imagery of this location perfectly matches the brief establishing shot during the daytime.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2019, 05:50:49 PM »
^^
Double checked.

Sugarcane field is Bel Air Estate. (http://belair.mu/the-estate/)

Savannah Sugar Factory is owned by Omnicane and also calls it the La Baraque Sugarcane Mill. (http://www.omnicane.com/business-locatons/omnicane-limited)

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2019, 07:44:25 PM »
Prediction: this will be a non-elimination leg. Usually during previews for a pitstop we hear Ron say "I'm sorry but you've been eliminated." But this time we heard him say "you're the last team to arrive." Hmm...
Called it! And THANK GOD, Tia & Fay are the best team this season. For the record, this was the last NEL of the season. Ron told Nissim & Orel that they got the first of two, now he told Tia & Fay they got the last one.

Why would they spoil the suspense for viewers over the rest of the season?  I'd bet most viewers like suspense, like me.  I don't really want to know what happens in advance of a leg, I like to guess during legs.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »
Prediction: this will be a non-elimination leg. Usually during previews for a pitstop we hear Ron say "I'm sorry but you've been eliminated." But this time we heard him say "you're the last team to arrive." Hmm...
Called it! And THANK GOD, Tia & Fay are the best team this season. For the record, this was the last NEL of the season. Ron told Nissim & Orel that they got the first of two, now he told Tia & Fay they got the last one.

Why would they spoil the suspense for viewers over the rest of the season?  I'd bet most viewers like suspense, like me.  I don't really want to know what happens in advance of a leg, I like to guess during legs.

I mean they just did that with TAR31, Phil said multiple times there would be no more NELs after the final 7.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2019, 04:35:11 PM »

I mean they just did that with TAR31, Phil said multiple times there would be no more NELs after the final 7.

I don't like it whenever it's done.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2019, 07:46:01 AM »
Also speaking of righteous NELs, I happened to subtitle the most righteous NEL in HaMerotz (and maybe even franchise?) history a while back, I know tatasport in particular will appreciate this: https://streamable.com/20vcr

YESH I DID REMEMBER THAT! I cut that scene on my laptop and rewatched it a few times (especially at a game I played as them coincidences happened so many times before it aired including this), omg yes! How I miss season 5 so much now.

ps: Toda though for subtitling, almost the same with how I understood it!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:00:12 AM by tatasport »
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2019, 10:42:05 AM »
Also speaking of righteous NELs, I happened to subtitle the most righteous NEL in HaMerotz (and maybe even franchise?) history a while back, I know tatasport in particular will appreciate this: https://streamable.com/20vcr

YESH I DID REMEMBER THAT! I cut that scene on my laptop and rewatched it a few times (especially at a game I played as them coincidences happened so many times before it aired including this), omg yes! How I miss season 5 so much now.

ps: Toda though for subtitling, almost the same with how I understood it!

Well actually after that moment the quote from my signature came from. That NEL.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2019, 09:34:20 PM »
As far as I see the promos, it's the first part of the seventh leg tonight (9.15pm IDT, it's Wednesday already here in Indo and indeed back in Israel).
Show content
Welp, I thought this is the point when they air recap eps, or will it be non-existent, kept till the end or Final 6, or something (let's see throughout this season for that).
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2019, 06:02:09 PM »
Did finding the right key involve any skill?  The food task had some strategy at times I suppose but watching people puke and stuffing food down isn't entertaining to me.  The word task did seem more mental skill at least, what was/were the word(s) they were trying to find?

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2019, 06:14:09 PM »
Did finding the right key involve any skill?  The food task had some strategy at times I suppose but watching people puke and stuffing food down isn't entertaining to me.  The word task did seem more mental skill at least, what was/were the word(s) they were trying to find?

Teams had a blown-up picture of the correct key on their chest and had to look through the jars to find the right one. Teams had to unscramble the letters to form a well-known landmark: the vegetable market.

Anyone averse to the sound of people gagging probably won't like that last task though I felt bad for some contestants for the amount of food they had to eat in ten minutes. It was also almost identical to the Romanian Double Battle from season 5.

The editors inserting a daydream for Karin of a leg win.  :funny: 

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2019, 11:19:42 PM »
"Oh look! They're doing the food-bluffing task that was on TAR China Season 4, when they were in Denmark. That was a neat task that involved some mind games, so this should be neat. All right, it looks like Haviv & Itzak won the first match

"...What?! It's BEST OF THREE? Oh, go **** yourself, WHY?! That's disgusting. That's just vile."

Yeah, no thanks. Who's grand ****ing idea was it to make the eating task a best of three?! The original task, when it first appeared in TAR China, was hard enough as the losers often already had a full belly, but then they would use that to their advantage to try and play mind games with the next team. This is just awful. This is like medieval torture. Nobody can or should ever have to eat that much food. I'm pretty sure at some point it becomes harmful to one's health.

Meanwhile, I wonder why both teams were hooked up to the pulley system when only one team member had to carry the letters across the poles... (Ie, Karin was all suited up, but never did anything)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2019, 07:21:10 AM »
Maybe they could switch who went across the poles.

What I do like is so far I haven't seen teams helping each other.  I can image on the US/CAN version that a team would ask help from others on the word puzzle and might be given it by someone.  Maybe there are rules against that which would be good.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2019, 09:26:23 AM »

I didn't get a picture of the question or something, but the thing I understood is
Show content
שוק הירקות / the vegetable market (shuk hayerakot; I guessed the last word after I realized there is no such 'yeroket' while there are no other letter (I refer to the letter vav or ו) to build 'yerukot' during A&K's attempt)
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2019, 10:15:21 AM »

Teams had a blown-up picture of the correct key on their chest and had to look through the jars to find the right one. Teams had to unscramble the letters to form a well-known landmark: the vegetable market.

Anyone averse to the sound of people gagging probably won't like that last task though I felt bad for some contestants for the amount of food they had to eat in ten minutes. It was also almost identical to the Romanian Double Battle from season 5.

The editors inserting a daydream for Karin of a leg win.  :funny:

That daydream is basically my favorite part ever (aside of that Romanian nightmare back in season 5, or any equivalent skits) #oof :funny:

(Can't wait to see the second part of the leg this Sat IDT on how this leg ended like... that's, welp.)
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2019, 11:18:29 AM »
Tonight! Who'll be eliminated on the second part of the seventh leg... (9.15pm IDT that is)
Show content
And the promo said like 'before leaving Africa', does it mean this season's going to visit that country
Show content
Nepal
soon?
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2019, 02:49:04 PM »
Yes. That is where they're going next.

And I am ecstatic!!!

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2019, 03:31:23 PM »
Show content
How did Eyal & Sid get into two close footraces in Mauritius? There must be something in the water.

The fact that we're getting episodes next weekend in Nepal & North Korea is something I never thought imaginable.  :jumpy:

Offline PAHC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2019, 03:43:15 PM »
Well, this was a fun episode.

MAJOR spoilers below!!

Show content
First of all, I actually really liked the final challenge this leg! Despite relying on luck, you could complete it without doing so if you figure out that the clue itself takes up some space. We saw teams such as Eden and Aviad actually try to do that, and it worked out.

Tali and Gili, my favorites by far, managed to place third again!! Despite a weak leg, it's nice to see them finally get ahead after that... odd setback leaving the detour last leg.

Tia and Fay got a well-deserved redemption, which is always great. They seem to have learned a bit from the last leg, so I'm happy for them.

Also, next episode's in Nepal! That might be interesting.

Gra1162

« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2019, 07:31:25 PM »
Show content
Noooooo Michal and Omer  :'(

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2019, 09:58:25 PM »
Meh, you all know what I'm going to say at this point...

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2019, 01:10:18 AM »
Tali and Gili  :2hearts: :2hearts:

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2019, 02:17:05 AM »
At the very least...
Show content
...the competence of sorting letters also matter. Oof?
I should congratulate
Show content
Tia & Fay
for placing first! Admire them for their determination after the F8 NEL, and even without the Speed Bump they nailed the leg! Mazal tov, this team grows on me now!

Nepal here we come!
Interested with this leg, along with North Korea for Vietnam 6 leg 9.
🇮🇱🇫🇷