Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion  (Read 468659 times)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2019, 08:27:12 AM »
ImANewUser, I respect your differing opinion and I'm not going to be ridiculous and say "I'm right you're wrong" or anything like that, but I just cannot see where you're coming from at all. Nothing matters until the very end. Literally nothing matters. There's no point in being skillful. There's no punishment for being unskillful. Nothing besides GOD decides who wins and who is eliminated. That is not interesting to watch.
I actually get where you're coming from and I get your point; the thing for me is that there is *no* elimination thus far that hasn't felt telegraphed that it feels odd to blame the season's lack of stakes on the end-of-leg luck tasks now of all seasons when every other season has had the luck tasks be far more consistently impactful on the boot order (the luck tasks actually do their work and shake things up; the problem is just that the shake-up basically reverts things back to where teams were at the end of the prior episode  :groan:)

Noy & Hadar lost due to injury, and Kamle & Bahira, Yehoudit & Zohar and Ran & Ben all telegraphed to me as teams doomed to lose early with or without the luck task so even if, in the case of Ran & Ben, they would have survived without the luck task it doesn't bother me because they'd be gone soon regardless (and also I can't in good conscience actually root for an outcome here that leaves us with Aviad & Eden eliminated in 9th place)

PS: yes Tia & Fay were robbed of first place, but I wouldn't feel bad about it at all if it was, like, Michal & Omer / Gili & Tali who managed to nab first place instead
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 09:18:36 AM by ImANewUser »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2019, 09:21:22 AM »
Now as far as I understood, for the next leg...
Show content
1. It'll be aired next Wednesday.
2. FIRST DETOUR OF THE SEASON! (I understood from the part of "pa'am rishona baonah, mashimet tzomet (?)" Oh Detours, where have you been; the last time I watched there are still some of it. Shall I expect a U-Turn voting now?
Welp, season 7, just welp :v
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline PAHC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2019, 10:32:34 AM »
Hi, recent discoverer of this forum and an Israeli here.

Some notes about the prevalence of luck tasks at the end of legs:

We in Israel have a tendency to root for the underdogs, whether it be in a reality show or otherwise - as we can personally relate to them on some levels. Luck tasks bring a fun twist to the legs, as they help underdog teams such as Tali and Gili or Nisim and Orel catch up and pass some teams.

Besides, luck tasks are a way to spark some drama. If a team sees a team which yielded/U-turned them in the final task, there's usually a lot of tension between the two as they race to finish the task and to reach the pitstop, which can lead the yielded team to "break" if passed by teams which yielded them.

Show content
Also yeah, Tata, there will be a detour next leg. Between some sort of a task with armadillos and bananas, and a task with turtles, it seems?

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2019, 11:00:36 AM »

We in Israel have a tendency to root for the underdogs, whether it be in a reality show or otherwise - as we can personally relate to them on some levels. Luck tasks bring a fun twist to the legs, as they help underdog teams such as Tali and Gili or Nisim and Orel catch up and pass some teams.

Besides, luck tasks are a way to spark some drama. If a team sees a team which yielded/U-turned them in the final task, there's usually a lot of tension between the two as they race to finish the task and to reach the pitstop, which can lead the yielded team to "break" if passed by teams which yielded them.

Show content
Also yeah, Tata, there will be a detour next leg. Between some sort of a task with armadillos and bananas, and a task with turtles, it seems?

Welcome :)

That's a very good point, actually.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »
I  think some of the more normal tasks have helped create drama anyway, if they want to make tasks less physical and to have more mental elements there are ways to do that.  The head to heads seem to be made too physical for Gili and Tili for example.  Yields are already a means to go after a stronger team, though they are getting repetitive in this, double u-turns are one of the other ways to do that.  Self navigation is a great way to create natural drama based on mental and not physical strength but it isn't used.  The luck based task is becoming a repetitive formula when put in at the end of every leg.  There's definitely some support for underdogs here, including from me.  But those at the back haven't really lifted themselves up much in this race so far. 

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2019, 04:06:45 PM »
I was puzzled when Ran and Ben kept losing at the butterfly challenge as they seemed to cut some ropes.

One of the ropes, when cut, would free the other team.

You know, just recently I was asking myself "I wonder how the actual Israeli audience feels about this". I can definitely see where you're coming from and I do understand your point. The big, major problem is how OFTEN this happens. Having a luck task directly before the Pit Stop is (to me, anyway) a little bit iffy but whatever, I'll deal with it. But somewhere like six to eight of the last season's legs ended with one, and so far every single leg of this season has ended to one. That's what I mean when I say that skill is unrewarded. There hasn't been a leg yet where one can just simply "do well and win".

On a lighter note, where in Israel are you from? As time goes on, the land of Israel fascinates me more and more. I swear it's not going to be long until I just 'accidentally' learn how to speak Hebrew.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline PAHC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2019, 04:36:43 PM »
On a lighter note, where in Israel are you from? As time goes on, the land of Israel fascinates me more and more. I swear it's not going to be long until I just 'accidentally' learn how to speak Hebrew.

Oh, near Tel-Aviv. Currently living somewhere in the big metropolis near the coast.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2019, 04:40:48 PM »
It sounds like the butterfly task had a luck element as well then.  And in that case completely random luck given by another team, unless it was explained to them that one rope would help the other team and it was possible to see where the ropes connected to.

I think you always need to have teams who have some kind of competence.  The main thing is just to balance the nature of the tasks so different kinds of competence are rewarded, such as more mental challenges to balance the physical, head to heads not just being physical.  Or at least not have a huge gaps of ability in the race, having people at a similar level of competence/incompetence.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:27:56 PM by Musicon »

Offline PAHC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2019, 05:03:26 PM »
It sounds like the butterfly task had a luck element as well then.  And in that case completely random luck given by another team, unless it was explained to them that one rope would help the other team and it was possible to see where the ropes connected to.

It actually was possible to see where the ropes connected to, with some teams, such as Eyal and Sid, actually trying to work out where the ropes lead to in order to get an advantage, and indeed, one rope helping the other team was actually explained. :)

Show content
Besides, the ropes' order was not changed at all from one H2H to another. Ben and Ran just made the same mistake every time and dropped a lot as a result.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2019, 08:59:45 PM »

Show content

I see! Indeed it creates drama–well even the normal tasks are getting dramatic now as far as I saw it? Double U-Turn like season 3 might work, but it'd be completely massive if there are ties as frequent as season 6 (2 teams, wow).

Show content
Ducks and turtles, as far as I saw it. Hope Detour gets more frequent now.
I sometimes feel several tasks are Roadblock-worthy, but guess the organizers saved the hardest/most challenging ones for it, causing more frequent Route Infos (?)

Anyway, thanks for the perspective and bruchim habaim shel RFF!
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2019, 09:22:13 PM »
Considering several people have talked about it, here's my thoughts. I don't mind luck tasks when there's an element of skill on top of luck. I thought the stone tower task was one of the better examples because of the stacking element. The trash task was the worst because it was pure luck (though that was negated by a traffic accident). The soap task wasn't the best because the speed they complete the task is dependent on the soap and how fast it dissolves, so Ben & Ran really didn't have a chance. The increased frequency so far compared to the past couple of seasons is a little annoying. At the same time, I'm someone who likes to see some shakeup in placement during the final task, and I don't mind if there is an element of luck to the final task but it has to remain an element and not the whole task.

Also, you guys do know that the animals shown in the preview are
Show content
dodos & Aldabras (2 animals from Mauritius). Not sure where armadillos & ducks came from.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2019, 09:56:47 PM »
Considering several people have talked about it, here's my thoughts. I don't mind luck tasks when there's an element of skill on top of luck. I thought the stone tower task was one of the better examples because of the stacking element. The trash task was the worst because it was pure luck (though that was negated by a traffic accident). The soap task wasn't the best because the speed they complete the task is dependent on the soap and how fast it dissolves, so Ben & Ran really didn't have a chance. The increased frequency so far compared to the past couple of seasons is a little annoying. At the same time, I'm someone who likes to see some shakeup in placement during the final task, and I don't mind if there is an element of luck to the final task but it has to remain an element and not the whole task.

Also, you guys do know that the animals shown in the preview are
Show content
dodos & Aldabras (2 animals from Mauritius). Not sure where armadillos & ducks came from.

Oh wow.
Show content
Those animals are completely cool!
Meanwhile that's a good point as well. Luck gets too frequent although things shaking every end of the task are just fine. Yep, let it be an element in a way is better–like the stone tower thing. Interesting point there.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2019, 09:58:03 PM »
GB every time there's a luck task before the pit stop be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6oTIjvw_-8

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2019, 10:17:50 PM »
Also I’d like to point out that Ran from Ben & Ran looks a lot like TAR blogger Logan “supacoowacky” Saunders.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2019, 05:55:24 AM »
From what I've understood, the reason why the next leg will be aired next Wednesday is because until tomorrow (on Sunday), Tisha B'Av (a Jewish holiday, fasting as far as I remember, for the destruction of the ancient Temple) is observed. All right.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline PAHC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2019, 03:41:03 PM »
From what I've understood, the reason why the next leg will be aired next Wednesday is because until tomorrow (on Sunday), Tisha B'Av (a Jewish holiday, fasting as far as I remember, for the destruction of the ancient Temple) is observed. All right.

Partly, actually! The main reason is because of a special report concerning some new leads found to a yet unsolved murder case. :/

[Can I say that here, actually?]

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2019, 05:26:05 PM »
Yeah I’m Jewish and tomorrow is a fast day. This and Yom Kippur are the two major fast days on the Jewish calendar, where you have to fast a full 25 hours. There are other less serious fasts throughout the year that start in the morning and end at night, kinda like Ramadan.

Also love your picture, Josie & Alex are right up there with Daniel & Eliyahu for my favorite HaMerotz team.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2019, 08:35:05 PM »
I just learned that Alexa (Season 4) and Josie (Season 5) were both on a recent season of Survivor Israel! I would've loved to see how Josie handled that, haha!

I already knew beforehand that Tiltil (Season 4) was also on an earlier season.
Show content
I believe he won!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »
I just learned that Alexa (Season 4) and Josie (Season 5) were both on a recent season of Survivor Israel! I would've loved to see how Josie handled that, haha!

I already knew beforehand that Tiltil (Season 4) was also on an earlier season.
Show content
I believe he won!

Well I watched Tiltil's season from the middle...
Show content
yes Tiltil won but now I'm curious what happened to them both in VIP 9 lol since I only watched a glimpse but not in full. I read some thanks to Wikis but ofc I'm curious on their gameplays! Their season concluded just like days before HMLM 7's premiere, explaining my curiosity.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2019, 09:49:25 PM »

Partly, actually! The main reason is because of a special report concerning some new leads found to a yet unsolved murder case. :/

[Can I say that here, actually?]

Oof.
Show content
Which case, anyway? That recent stabbing (that's new, sadly) or is it different?
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2019, 09:50:37 PM »
Yeah I’m Jewish and tomorrow is a fast day. This and Yom Kippur are the two major fast days on the Jewish calendar, where you have to fast a full 25 hours. There are other less serious fasts throughout the year that start in the morning and end at night, kinda like Ramadan.

Also love your picture, Josie & Alex are right up there with Daniel & Eliyahu for my favorite HaMerotz team.

Whoa, thanks! I root for them in their respective seasons as well as several other teams :D
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2019, 11:53:13 PM »
Tiltil was also on a season of Israeli Big Brother along with Neta from HaMerotz 6, which means he completed the TAR/Survivor/BB trifecta before any American did.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2019, 05:30:05 AM »
Tiltil was also on a season of Israeli Big Brother along with Neta from HaMerotz 6, which means he completed the TAR/Survivor/BB trifecta before any American did.

Indeed. Although...
Show content
in the end he didn't get admitted to the house due to not completing the missions as far as I read?
, at the very least we've got a Trifecta–albeit not a US version. Well well well...
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2019, 03:19:04 AM »
Tonight (9.15pm IDT)! The first part of the leg.
Show content
And as guessed, finally, U-TURN!!!
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2019, 07:21:50 AM »

Sorry for being off-topic, but isn't a day only 24 hours long?