Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion  (Read 468654 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2019, 03:06:55 PM »
Also, how hilarious would it be it someone had voted for someone else than Ran & Ben?

11-way tie for 1 vote, so I guess everyone would have to wait out the Yield. So close :lol:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2019, 04:30:33 PM »
And without subs it's obviously easier to watch with more English spoken, and just more different situations and locales.

(I did wonder whether, with the Israeli subs, it's possible to capture the unicode hardsubs using programs like AviSubDetector, Videosubfinder, esrxp, ABBYY FineReader or subrip - has anyone tried)?

Learn this keyboard, then you can translate any subtitles you're curious about. It's how I watch!  :cheer:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 11:31:49 PM by G.B. »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2019, 11:32:40 PM »
Also, how hilarious would it be it someone had voted for someone else than Ran & Ben?

11-way tie for 1 vote, so I guess everyone would have to wait out the Yield. So close :lol:

I believe that the Yield would be cancelled. This is what I believe happened in Sri Lanka during season 2. There was a U-Turn vote (you can very clearly see the voting board), but nothing ever happened with it. It was the final 5, so I believe they all voted for each other and it was cancelled.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2019, 01:30:14 PM »

I believe that the Yield would be cancelled. This is what I believe happened in Sri Lanka during season 2. There was a U-Turn vote (you can very clearly see the voting board), but nothing ever happened with it. It was the final 5, so I believe they all voted for each other and it was cancelled.

Well, long time no see on RFF, instead of quoting I sent you a message, but I'll leave it on a spoiler mark about what I've said.
Show content
As far as I've understood and watched, who was Yielded was actually announced after the Double Battle midway to the next Route Info, and Ran & Ben received 2 votes out of 11. If not this, then we'd witness a massive Yield, like a Yield for everyone (oof?). Four alone, like HMLM 5, I forgot the Italian or Romanian leg, was massive, let alone 11.
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2019, 02:59:51 PM »
How many yields are there normally on a season, I'm assuming there are less as it goes on otherwise they could easily just decide eliminations.  I'm assuming there must be some rules concerning not selecting the same team every time, as tactically that would be the obvious way to upset the least number of people.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2019, 05:53:14 PM »
How many yields are there normally on a season, I'm assuming there are less as it goes on otherwise they could easily just decide eliminations.  I'm assuming there must be some rules concerning not selecting the same team every time, as tactically that would be the obvious way to upset the least number of people.

There's a Yield or U-Turn on every single leg, except for any legs in Israel, and the final four onwards. In seasons 2 and 3, there were more U-Turns than Yields. However, as Detours became more and more rare on the Race, most legs just have a Yield now. Honestly, it's a little bit lame. I don't understand why they don't just make Detours. Detours are fun!

No rules about who you vote for. Just vote. Look at season 4. Vova & Alla got **smothered** in votes, with pretty much every single other team voting for them on almost every leg.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2019, 06:45:43 PM »
I haven't seen earlier seasons, so don't want specific information on those at this point.  But it does make it sound like it's hard for stronger teams to get to the end.  There is at least, from what I can tell, a limit to the yield time of 15 minutes.  Also it seems all teams can yield, so can all teams u-turn as well, like in the recent vote for u-turn on the US version?  It can make it like Big Brother where teams can just decide who to target until they leave.  At this point there isn't a clear pattern to me, which is better.  Some teams near the back are targeting others near the back.  Some stronger teams have been yielded too.  Though some teams so far are obviously strong but aren't being targeted that much, such as Eyal and Sid and Haviv and Itzak.  Maybe the winners are those who just try and keep in the middle of the pack most of the time and just get along with everyone.  But people just trying to get along would be a boring race.

Offline MrKnowIrAll

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2019, 09:30:56 PM »
I haven't seen earlier seasons, so don't want specific information on those at this point.  But it does make it sound like it's hard for stronger teams to get to the end.  There is at least, from what I can tell, a limit to the yield time of 15 minutes.  Also it seems all teams can yield, so can all teams u-turn as well, like in the recent vote for u-turn on the US version?  It can make it like Big Brother where teams can just decide who to target until they leave.  At this point there isn't a clear pattern to me, which is better.  Some teams near the back are targeting others near the back.  Some stronger teams have been yielded too.  Though some teams so far are obviously strong but aren't being targeted that much, such as Eyal and Sid and Haviv and Itzak.  Maybe the winners are those who just try and keep in the middle of the pack most of the time and just get along with everyone.  But people just trying to get along would be a boring race.

The legs of TARI are usually longer and contain more tasks so the yield/U-turn is not that effective as in other versions. In most season after two or three legs teams understand the system a bit better and start to coordinated the votes. Unfortunately, the outcome of this usually manifests in repeated yield/U-turn of the same teams over and over again. Typically, a sightly below average team (a team that is strong enough to overpower the"sheep to the slaughterer" type teams but not strong enough to be in front) is the victim of such strategy and find themselves out between 6h-4th place with the exception of Bar&Inna that were able to pull off a win with the help of two NELs.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2019, 10:12:25 PM »

The legs of TARI are usually longer and contain more tasks so the yield/U-turn is not that effective as in other versions. In most season after two or three legs teams understand the system a bit better and start to coordinated the votes. Unfortunately, the outcome of this usually manifests in repeated yield/U-turn of the same teams over and over again. Typically, a sightly below average team (a team that is strong enough to overpower the"sheep to the slaughterer" type teams but not strong enough to be in front) is the victim of such strategy and find themselves out between 6h-4th place with the exception of Bar&Inna that were able to pull off a win with the help of two NELs.

Two NELs and a FF (if I'm not mistaken)?
But I remembered at a point on the fifth season in Namibia that of all things, Yael & Yosiel completed the Detour (notice that they're being U-Turned) like faster than several of those who voted to U-Turn them (e.g. Shon & Kim), so I do agree for this kind of longer legs, it's like ineffective or something for those competent teams (unless there are other twists/more challenging tasks near the end of the leg... idk more).
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2019, 01:17:42 AM »
Yes I considered the length of the legs and even toughness of tasks I've seen so far as definitely being a counter to the voting yields/u-turn element, and to me they are definitely one of the biggest pluses of this version. 

No obvious navigation so far, I did see teams in the back of taxis with maps, so I don't know if that means they are supposed to guide the drivers, I hope that's the case because it would definitely be an improvement on the normal use of taxis.

If there are at least some more surprise (because less regular) elements like non-eliminations or fast forwards that would be good.  I'd also assume these wouldn't be voted for.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 02:36:44 AM by Musicon »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2019, 01:01:57 PM »
If anyone can UPDATE live-time please feel free! We'd love it!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2019, 01:26:50 PM »
If anyone can UPDATE live-time please feel free! We'd love it!

Wait if this is 9.26pm IDT already, then here we go! The fiffh episode, and the second part of the third leg (Unsure if I could watch it live on mobile while I'm completely outside Israel lol, but ofc I'll catch up later since it is Thursday 1.26am here in Indo).
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2019, 07:48:38 PM »
I forgot this was today! HaMerotz and its crazy scheduling.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2019, 11:02:13 PM »
I can't live update, but I can give quick and dirty recaps of the tasks they had to do.

If anyone was wondering, I don't update the wiki until the leg is over (Just to make it easier for myself and less confusing)

>Green Point Lighthouse
  Yield Reveal
  One rides on a spinning platform (like being attached to panes of windmill/propellor). Partner picks fruit and puts it in spinning one's mouth, who must then drop it in a basket. Parter puts basket there ahead of time, labelled with Afrikaans names for fruits (based on a key they should memorize). 8 fruits.
   ~~Orel gets sick and has to recover
>Castle of Good Hope
  Three-legged race, but with iron shackles, and drag two iron balls (ie cartoons) behind. Given a map of the castle, find the keys to unlock themselves. Can only pick up balls for stairs. Keys are scattered, and only one will open each team's lock.
   ~~Orel gets close to giving up
>Kraaifontein Recycling Facility
  (Next episode...)

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2019, 10:11:15 AM »
I forgot this was today! HaMerotz and its crazy scheduling.

As always.
As far as I understood, until this week, they're airing every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, 9.15pm IDT. I thought it would be airing every Wednesday & Saturday (from what I've read on the banner of the HMLM section of Reshet's website) until I constantly saw the ads on Instagram and realized that it's three times a week instead of two.

Meanwhile, thank goodness it's three times a week. As far as I read, the Filipino version, they aired like everyday for several minutes or something, then continued with an hour recap of everything on Saturday. Oh welp.

Good luck keeping up with this season, guys!
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2019, 11:55:07 AM »
Just a reminder, today (Saturday 9.15pm IDT) is the third part of the third leg of this season!
Now I don't know why that particular task reminded me to one of the tasks back then (is this the first modified Switchback I've been seeing or what?), and I wonder if things spiced up during. Or even more.

Show content
The reference is HMLM 5 Prelim 1 when they had to look for the race flag something within all those trashes in the trash can–but this one in HMLM 7 looks more complicated than HMLM 5 Prelim 1. Idk if my memory is right but it reminded me to it.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2019, 05:01:40 PM »
Hated the latest elimination

Show content
Bahira eliminated because of a bad taxi, that's worse than going out just by a luck based challenge to me.  I guessed they wouldn't go far, all the teams at the back haven't dragged themselves up much in this race, plus Kamle and Bahira haven't had much of an edit either.  It feels like the first two eliminations have been decided by bad luck.

The main drama this week was obviously Nisim and Orel and Aviad and Eden.  Eden somehow is more funny though, there's more entertainment there.  Nisim seems to see the humour in things more, Orel just seems moany.

At least at the waste recycling place there was some attention to detail needed as well as luck,  the castle needed some navigation but there was a lot of luck in finding the right location first. 

Most of the placement changes may even have been dependent on whether you had a good taxi driver or not, Eyal and Sid dropped some places because of that it seemed.

Karin was funny, crashing into a camera and then being surprised she'd fallen asleep on her partner in the car it seemed.

Not sure why Ran and Ben had a 15 minute penalty.

I still find Haviv and Itzak boring, their singing (and dancing) is less natural somehow than with Tali and Gili.  They shout annoyingly or act camp in the confessionals.

favourite teams:  Eyal and Sid (Sid, the smaller one, has a funny voice at times to me), Tali and Gili, Ariel and Karin (mainly for Karin), Aviad and Eden.

Gra1162

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2019, 05:13:04 PM »
Rooting for Michal & Omer <3

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2019, 06:21:50 PM »

Karin was funny, crashing into a camera and then being surprised she'd fallen asleep on her partner in the car it seemed.

That was pretty funny.

Ran & Ben were Yielded in a previous episode.

Show content
For as long as Hamerotz legs are, it usually comes down to the last task. It was surprising to see Kamle & Bahira have such bad luck in the drive to the Pit Stop, so I wasn't expecting their elimination.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2019, 07:35:18 PM »
Another luck task right before the Pit Stop. And at a very scenic waste management plant. Beautiful.

Let me clarify: I don't really care if there's a luck task before the Pit Stop. It's the fact that, for the last two seasons, EVERY leg has a luck task before the Pit Stop. It's become standard for this show, and I really really don't like it. This is the third leg in a row, and I'll bet anything that it's just going to continue.

For almost a decade, I have always told people that TAR Israel is the best version of the show. It's my favourite by far. This trend of luck tasks is docking some serious points to this show in my books. If it continues, I honestly don't know if I can keep calling it the best version. It's not right, it's not fair, and it's not entertaining to watch

...Especially when it's in a waste management plant.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2019, 12:58:02 AM »
Another luck task right before the Pit Stop. And at a very scenic waste management plant. Beautiful.

Let me clarify: I don't really care if there's a luck task before the Pit Stop. It's the fact that, for the last two seasons, EVERY leg has a luck task before the Pit Stop. It's become standard for this show, and I really really don't like it. This is the third leg in a row, and I'll bet anything that it's just going to continue.

For almost a decade, I have always told people that TAR Israel is the best version of the show. It's my favourite by far. This trend of luck tasks is docking some serious points to this show in my books. If it continues, I honestly don't know if I can keep calling it the best version. It's not right, it's not fair, and it's not entertaining to watch

...Especially when it's in a waste management plant.

And now I don't know why I randomly missed watching a certain season
Show content
lemme say it's season 5 (one of the most memorable seasons I've watched, personally)
... and yes I hope the next legs don't have luck before the Pit Stop (or put it somewhere else in the leg, or... whatever, just the penultimate task in that leg don't be all luck, if the trend looks like that). It's just, I feel there's something odd, really.

*Disclaimer: I didn't watch most of the sixth season before, just reading the Wiki out of it, and if that is true, then I hope this changes.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2019, 12:59:31 AM »
But overall, the start of the fourth leg will be aired on Wednesday (9.15pm IDT it seems?), so now I hope it reverted back to the twice in a week mode. Whoa.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2019, 01:14:38 AM »
Hated the latest elimination

Show content
Bahira eliminated because of a bad taxi, that's worse than going out just by a luck based challenge to me.  I guessed they wouldn't go far, all the teams at the back haven't dragged themselves up much in this race, plus Kamle and Bahira haven't had much of an edit either.  It feels like the first two eliminations have been decided by bad luck.

The main drama this week was obviously Nisim and Orel and Aviad and Eden.  Eden somehow is more funny though, there's more entertainment there.  Nisim seems to see the humour in things more, Orel just seems moany.

At least at the waste recycling place there was some attention to detail needed as well as luck,  the castle needed some navigation but there was a lot of luck in finding the right location first. 

Most of the placement changes may even have been dependent on whether you had a good taxi driver or not, Eyal and Sid dropped some places because of that it seemed.

I still find Haviv and Itzak boring, their singing (and dancing) is less natural somehow than with Tali and Gili.  They shout annoyingly or act camp in the confessionals.

favourite teams:  Eyal and Sid (Sid, the smaller one, has a funny voice at times to me), Tali and Gili, Ariel and Karin (mainly for Karin), Aviad and Eden.

Indeed! Most of the placement changes depended on either the taxi driver's competence or the detail skills needed in that part of the leg because the mark is very small
Show content
(comparing to the fifth season first Prelims, I guess? Omg why I started to remember that season again).
--therefore even if it is luck, it is also about paying attention to details as well. I seeeee.....
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2019, 03:43:37 AM »
The taxi driver seemed happy so I wonder if he was just making it a longer journey to get more money.

I liked getting the episodes three times a week.

I was wondering about the wiki, thanks for the work on that.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2019, 12:33:07 PM »
It is Wednesday here in Indo where I live, friendly reminder: on 9.15pm IDT, the fourth leg will begin! Whoa. Can't wait to see what the first part of this leg looked like...
🇮🇱🇫🇷